HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McIllrath Signs ATO

Old
04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Support like we had any say in who they drafted? It's called not dwelling on things you had absolutely no control over, and more importantly, moving on from it...

-What if Cherepanov didn't pass away?
-What if we didn't draft Jessiman?
-What if we won the shootout against Philly last year?

I could come up a whole laundry list of things you can fret over if it gives you enjoyment in doing so....
Hey people make McIlrath threads, and I have every right to comment. That's the point of the thread. There's no rule here that says you have to say nice things about McIlrath. And as long as McIlrath threads go up, I'll continue to point out that we passed up on far, far better players to take him. If you don't like it, the ignore button is to your left. Have a good day.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:39 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Hey people make McIlrath threads, and I have every right to comment. That's the point of the thread. There's no rule here that says you have to say nice things about McIlrath. And as long as McIlrath threads go up, I'll continue to point out that we passed up on far, far better players to take him. If you don't like it, the ignore button is to your left. Have a good day.
Thanks I think I'll go with the ignore option... I don't like seeing 4 new threads a day anyway....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 04-07-2011 at 11:50 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
"I'll be heading to Hartford ASAP. I'm not sure if I'll get into any games because they're in a playoff hunt right now. If they do make playoffs, maybe I'll play a couple games here and there, but I'm sure it'll be a great experience," said McIlrath.

Even if he doesn't get the chance to make his pro debut, McIlrath says he's looking forward to the experience, which will be a good opportunity to see what it takes to make the jump.

"It's the first time getting my feet wet in pro hockey. Just the speed of the game, everyone's bigger, faster, and stronger, it'll be a good measuring stick."
http://www.discovermoosejaw.com/inde...795&Itemid=400

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Very True. I would be very happy if he turned into Doug Murray.

How Rangers can't be excited about this kid is beyond baffling.

The Rangers had Adam Graves hang out with right after the draft...enough said...now it is time to get Beuke back in the organization and teach the kid of to play the position the way he did.
You would be happy he turned into Doug Murray? A solid fierce DMaN however an 8 th round pick who played 4 years at Cornell before making it to the NHL . If you want Doug Murray you don't draft him 10 overall , I'm sorry . We have enough shut down D men with zero ability to move the puck , take over the pace of the game and run a PP . I hate to harp and hope the kid turns out to be an NHL er but picking this kid at 10 should get the Almighty Gordie Clark 's head examined . I guess Gordie saw good things in Dylan " Wade Belak V2.0 " McIlraths 's volleyball game , after all that's where his " excellent feet " probably excelled . What a joke people excited he gets to practice with the Ahl team since he could t help his JUNIOR team get out of the first round . If and when the Rags miss the playoffs it won't be because of toughness , or crease clearing or whatever you loons say it is because our PP failed us once again down the stretch .1-27 last 4 games !! I don't see Dylan Belak helping oh PP any time EVER . congratulations Slats and Almighty Gordie you now own the two biggest worst draft busts in history .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
You would be happy he turned into Doug Murray? A solid fierce DMaN however an 8 th round pick who played 4 years at Cornell before making it to the NHL . If you want Doug Murray you don't draft him 10 overall , I'm sorry . We have enough shut down D men with zero ability to move the puck , take over the pace of the game and run a PP . I hate to harp and hope the kid turns out to be an NHL er but picking this kid at 10 should get the Almighty Gordie Clark 's head examined . I guess Gordie saw good things in Dylan " Wade Belak V2.0 " McIlraths 's volleyball game , after all that's where his " excellent feet " probably excelled . What a joke people excited he gets to practice with the Ahl team since he could t help his JUNIOR team get out of the first round . If and when the Rags miss the playoffs it won't be because of toughness , or crease clearing or whatever you loons say it is because our PP failed us once again down the stretch .1-27 last 4 games !! I don't see Dylan Belak helping oh PP any time EVER . congratulations Slats and Almighty Gordie you now own the two biggest worst draft busts in history .
I guess any goalies turning into a Lundqvist drafted in the first round are busts as well, right? Hank was a 7th round pick after all...

Just look at the last 20 years who was drafted 5-15 overall and you'll see a lot of them have turned out far worse than Douglas Murray.
I'd be more than happy if McI can reach that level and I'd consider that a success at #10

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
If you don't see Doug Murray's value then you know **** about hockey.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
That was beyond idiotic..... What does it matter where a guy came from or got drafted? And newsflash dylan mcilrath is a tough shutdown defenseman so your *****ing and complaining about the wrong draftee here.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
That was beyond idiotic..... What does it matter where a guy came from or got drafted? And newsflash dylan mcilrath is a tough shutdown defenseman so your *****ing and complaining about the wrong draftee here.
Ryan Clowe was drafted 175th, if the Rangers drafted someone in this years first round and he turned out to Clowe, would he be a bust? Dorado, please explain.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:08 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I guess we shouldnt want future goalies to turn into Henrik Lundqvist if we draft them high in the 1st round.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
I don't think any of you understand what Dorado is saying. He's not saying Murray in the 8th round is a problem, he's saying that McIlrath at 10th overall is a problem, because you get guys like that in the 8th round.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
jniklast

Quote:
I don't think any of you understand what Dorado is saying. He's not saying Murray in the 8th round is a problem, he's saying that McIlrath at 10th overall is a problem, because you get guys like that in the 8th round.
Yes, just like you get goaltenders like Lundqvist in the 7th round...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
SomE

Quote:
I don't think either of you know what you are talking about.

Hey let's not draft the next Zetterberg in the 1st round because you can draft guys like that in the 7th round... DERRRRRP

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Lundqvist and Zetterberg dropping to round 7 were flukes. Murray dropping to round 8 was no fluke.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with any of those three. All I'm saying is I think we could've gotten McIlrath much later. That's my point. If we had, then we'd have McIlrath andFowler. Can someone please explain to me how that's a bad thing?

Old
04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
SomE

Quote:
Lundqvist and Zetterberg dropping to round 7 were flukes. Murray dropping to round 8 was no fluke.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with any of those three. All I'm saying is I think we could've gotten McIlrath much later. That's my point. If we had, then we'd have McIlrath andFowler. Can someone please explain to me how that's a bad thing?
It's well known that they couldn't have gotten McIlrath much later. Stop Talking

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
I don't think either of you know what you are talking about.

Hey let's not draft the next Zetterberg in the 1st round because you can draft guys like that in the 7th round... DERRRRRP
Exactly. If there's 6 other guys going before him, I want those 6 other guys, knowing that I can get Zetterberg anyway. You don't waste a 1st round pick on a guy noone else is going to take that high. It doesn't matter how good he's going to be. Holding off a gem you know you can get late is one of the basics of drafting.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
skroob**

Quote:

Would not have happened. IIRC, there were reports that there were teams within a few picks of the Rangers who would have taken McI.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
It's well known that they couldn't have gotten McIlrath much later. Stop Talking
Maybe not much later, but round 2 for sure. That's not even counting the fact that Fowler fills a much bigger need, because our blueline defense is far better than our blueline offense. I'm not saying McIlrath is a bad player, but it was a bad pick strategically.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Maybe not much later, but round 2 for sure. That's not even counting the fact that Fowler fills a much bigger need, because our blueline defense is far better than our blueline offense. I'm not saying McIlrath is a bad player, but it was a bad pick strategically.
Dallas was going to take him with the #11 pick, not sure what world you live in but there was no way he was making it to the 40th overall pick and then we don't go get Thomas, we cant use his scoring skills but we could use a soft as pillows defensemen.

Sounds like perfect logic to me.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

There is a reason this is such a disputed pick on these boards. But I really think we've kind of hammered it to death. He is our pick, and we can all hope he progresses.

Fowler is a Duck. Tarasenko is a blue (?) Lets look forward with what we have instead of behind with what we could/should/would have had.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Dallas was going to take him with the #11 pick, not sure what world you live in but there was no way he was making it to the 40th overall pick and then we don't go get Thomas, we cant use his scoring skills but we could use a soft as pillows defensemen.

Sounds like perfect logic to me.
Dallas wasn't taking him over Campbell in a million years. They needed a goalie. And where is the logic in another shutdown dman when we already have Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, and very little offense? The pick didn't fit the team. McIlrath is a square trying to be put through a circular hole on this team.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
There is a reason this is such a disputed pick on these boards. But I really think we've kind of hammered it to death. He is our pick, and we can all hope he progresses.

Fowler is a Duck. Tarasenko is a blue (?) Lets look forward with what we have instead of behind with what we could/should/would have had.
Well if McIlrath were to hypothetically turn into the next Chris Pronger and make me eat crow, I say pass the salt

Old
04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Dallas wasn't taking him over Campbell in a million years. They needed a goalie. And where is the logic in another shutdown dman when we already have Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, and very little offense? The pick didn't fit the team. McIlrath is a square trying to be put through a circular hole on this team.
You're forgetting Del Zotto.

By the way, defense wins championships.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post

Also, #14 overall Jaden Schwartz is a Blue too, scored 47 points in his first 30 college games. He missed 15 games after fracturing his ankle at the WJC's but still led his college team in scoring as a Freshman and anchored them to college's final 8.

Additionally, Derek Forbort was rock solid as a Freshman at N Dakota, Howden scored 40 in the dub, was MJ's best player signed a deal with Florida this week. Emerson Etem has 45 goals, 90 points in 70 games this year, Alex Petrovic a huge hard hitting Dman that put up 62 points in 73 games in the dub.

Plenty of draft picks performing well this year.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Jersey Girl

I did not like the draft pick...I said so at the time. I did not like the idea of drafting for need when the draft pick is probably 4-5 years away from being an everyday contributor. Who knows what our needs will be in 4-5 years?

That said, I will be extremely happy if McIlraith proves me wrong. I'm rooting for him...make it happen, kid!

Last edited by Jersey Girl: 04-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
You're forgetting Del Zotto.

By the way, defense wins championships.
You have to score too, and I don't like Del Zotto.