HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Devils Pre Game Talk: It All Comes Down To This

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Ranger109

vCash: 500
I'm nervous but mainly really disappointed with Yesterday.

I really hope Gaborik is hurt because he's not scoring when we need him. He has played well otherwise, smart back-checks etc, but we need his scoring touch.

Yesterday that was needed, by everyone.

I don't think we get in simply because Carolina control there fate, we don't control ours anymore which sucks.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
don't really want to get into this further but you mentioned what brodeur would say to the media, and i showed you what he is saying. if you want to debate brodeur's feelings inside of his heart (yes, yes, his feelings for his sister) that seems kind of pointless. not to mention, if any player in the nhl said 'yeah he didn't make it but team x didn't make it either' as you insinuated, their GM would eat the player alive..especially lou
look im not talking about his sister, im talking about his deep hatred for the rangers. lou is another guy that even though they are out would love to be able to keep the rangers from making it. its no substitute for making the playoffs, but in this season it would be a nice little trophy for the devils to have. and while brodeur says this now, im talking about what he would be saying after a win.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Abooch68

We all know the Canes won't lose tonight.. Atlanta won't show up.. its just a fact.. if they lose everyone gets beers on me..

Old
04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Nothing would give me more pleasure then to go into tomorrow knowing we can make the playoffs if we win, and then kill the Debbies something like 6-1.

But regardless of what Carolina does the next two games, you know if the Devils win - they will credit themselves for knocking the Rangers out of the playoffs if they do. Especially the fans. I expect nothing less.

Even if Carolina winds up making the playoffs i hope we kick the **** out the Devils.

Its simple, either well know if we need help from Tampa, or have already gotten it from Atlanta. The approach to this game is going to be the same. If the Rangers arent ready for this one and shock us again with a bewilderingly lame performance i think i just might flip out and cause a scene in my household. If the Devils win in any fashion and prevent the Rangers from making it later that night, i will probably stare at the wall or tv screen for about 3 hours before i instantaneously combust into flames.

I hate the Devils with such a deep, rooted passionate disdain - that if they even win a preseason game it bothers me. If they actually send us packing with the Rangers knowing they can get in if they win - i just dont know how ill be able to handle that emotionally, and maybe even physically. There is no other contest, no game or meeting, no match or scrimmage that I take more seriously then a Devils / Rangers game. Nothing comes close. MY beloved Yankees could be in game 7 of the world series, my NY Football Giants could be 4th and goal with 1 second left needing a touchdown to win the super bowl. Small potatoes for me. THATS HOW MUCH I ****ING DETEST THEM.

For the sake of HBNYC, Rangers. Please. Win.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
KreiMeARiver
Fast has potential!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger109 View Post
I'm nervous but mainly really disappointed with Yesterday.

I really hope Gaborik is hurt because he's not scoring when we need him. He has played well otherwise, smart back-checks etc, but we need his scoring touch.

Yesterday that was needed, by everyone.

I don't think we get in simply because Carolina control there fate, we don't control ours anymore which sucks.
Gaborik is an ELITE scorer who never scores hahaha. I wish he would go away forever.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
nyrfan1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Nothing would give me more pleasure then to go into tomorrow knowing we can make the playoffs if we win, and then kill the Debbies something like 6-1.

But regardless of what Carolina does the next two games, you know if the Devils win - they will credit themselves for knocking the Rangers out of the playoffs if they do. Especially the fans. I expect nothing less.

Even if Carolina winds up making the playoffs i hope we kick the **** out the Devils.

Its simple, either well know if we need help from Tampa, or have already gotten it from Atlanta. The approach to this game is going to be the same. If the Rangers arent ready for this one and shock us again with a bewilderingly lame performance i think i just might flip out and cause a scene in my household. If the Devils win in any fashion and prevent the Rangers from making it later that night, i will probably stare at the wall or tv screen for about 3 hours before i instantaneously combust into flames.

I hate the Devils with such a deep, rooted passionate hate - that if they even win a preseason game it bothers me. If they actually send the Rangers packing with the Rangers knowing they can get in if they win - i just dont know how ill be able to handle that emotionally, and maybe even physically.
hahaha, imagine the scene at the garden tomorrow if they lose

Old
04-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Gaborik is an ELITE scorer who never scores hahaha. I wish he would go away forever.
A little OT, but quite honestly, if I was Sather, I would do a Gaborik for Brown trade 100x out of 100.

I admittedly yelled for him to be traded out of frustration on his "backcheck" last night.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:00 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
look im not talking about his sister, im talking about his deep hatred for the rangers. lou is another guy that even though they are out would love to be able to keep the rangers from making it. its no substitute for making the playoffs, but in this season it would be a nice little trophy for the devils to have. and while brodeur says this now, im talking about what he would be saying after a win.
well of course they hate the rangers and vise versa. obviously. but again, if the devils win and a quote similar to that comes out of martys mouth, enjoy my next 2 paychecks. you wont be a millionaire but you can certainly buy some nice stuff

Old
04-08-2011, 01:02 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
well of course they hate the rangers and vise versa. obviously. but again, if the devils win and a quote similar to that comes out of martys mouth, enjoy my next 2 paychecks. you wont be a millionaire but you can certainly buy some nice stuff
ive never wanted to see a marty post game interview this bad since the 08 playoffs

Old
04-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

I just hope I don't have to watch Carolina's game tomorrow night. I'd like to know either way by then.

What could be more exciting than a Rangers-Devils game to decide the playoffs for us?

Old
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
A little OT, but quite honestly, if I was Sather, I would do a Gaborik for Brown trade 100x out of 100.

I admittedly yelled for him to be traded out of frustration on his "backcheck" last night.
Brown puts up 50 points a season. He's nothing more then what Callahan is to this team. You want to trade our most talented forward for Dustin Brown? This team needs someone like Corry Perry (Not that I haven't noticed him until now). Need someone who will be able to play as a power forward, get in people's faces and rub people the wrong way, all while potting 30 goals a year. This is the kind of player I hope Grachev can turn into. He's got the size and the skill to do it. If he can get a mean streak going, he'd be perfect.

Gaborik not scoring is the issue with this team, as much as it is with the whole team not doing it, but to trade away Gaborik would leave the team with a bigger hole then the subsequent pieces they get for him, unless it's severe overpayment.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:06 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
here at #NYR practice...team is upbeat, going hard in drills, plenty of laughing..Zuc not here from CT yet, & Drury is flying out there
https://twitter.com/#!/JimCerny/stat...93157469933568

So where are they going on vacation next week? Cancun? Cabo? Europe is still too cold.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

So where are they going on vacation next week? Cancun? Cabo? Europe is still too cold.
So you expect them to be dwelling on last night like the rest of us? Torts said it last night that once he left the presser he wasn't going to think about last night, and neither should the players. They know what's at stake. Got to keep the mood light cause if it's serious from here until Saturday, the team will feel more pressure then they would by keeping it light. The more you dwell, the worse you feel, which makes you play worse and tense. The lighter the mood, the looser the team will be and play better. Rather hear they are having fun then feel demoralized.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Brown puts up 50 points a season. He's nothing more then what Callahan is to this team. You want to trade our most talented forward for Dustin Brown? This team needs someone like Corry Perry (Not that I haven't noticed him until now). Need someone who will be able to play as a power forward, get in people's faces and rub people the wrong way, all while potting 30 goals a year. This is the kind of player I hope Grachev can turn into. He's got the size and the skill to do it. If he can get a mean streak going, he'd be perfect.

Gaborik not scoring is the issue with this team, as much as it is with the whole team not doing it, but to trade away Gaborik would leave the team with a bigger hole then the subsequent pieces they get for him, unless it's severe overpayment.
I think another, slightly bigger Ryan Callahan would do wonders for this club. And he is signed for 3.175 for the forseeable future, which is one of the biggest bargain contracts in the league.

He is only around a 10-15 goal, 20-25 point dropoff from Gaborik on their best years (Brown has outscored Gabby this year) but he hits, is better defensively, and is half the cap hit.

If we needed that inconsistant question mark gamebreaker, we could just take the remaining 4 mil and invest some of it in Gagne.

There is a reason I'm not an NHL gm, don't get me wrong. But I think we'd have to be out of our minds not to make a deal like that.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:11 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:

no negativity please. lets get pumped up

Old
04-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
This team needs Rick Nash, one can wish

Old
04-08-2011, 01:19 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK27 View Post
None of the Devils players at practice today or Lemaire are saying anything about being excited or taking pride in possibly eliminated the Rangers from playoff contention tomorrow. So if they have extra motivation for tomorrow's game, they're not acknowledging it.

I wonder what would happen if the Canes lost in regulation tonight and the Devils & Rangers were tied late in the 3rd period tomorrow. Rangers would just need to get the game to OT to clinch a playoff spot. Would Lemaire even consider pulling Marty for an extra attacker & chance to keep the Rangers out of the playoffs? I'd be really surprised if he did, but damn would that be intense.
We haven't been able to score a late goal all season long with a goalie pulled, you think that will happen now?

Old
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
This team needs Rick Nash, one can wish
Nash has all of the playoff history going for him. You're right. He's the missing piece

Old
04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I expect the Rangers to come out and have a good game tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately, they also need outside help. I personally have no problem with the Rangers making the playoffs. After the Boston win, I was thinking the Rangers can make some noise this year. Anyway, tomorrow's game will be great drama. Good luck.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
So you expect them to be dwelling on last night like the rest of us? Torts said it last night that once he left the presser he wasn't going to think about last night, and neither should the players. They know what's at stake. Got to keep the mood light cause if it's serious from here until Saturday, the team will feel more pressure then they would by keeping it light. The more you dwell, the worse you feel, which makes you play worse and tense. The lighter the mood, the looser the team will be and play better. Rather hear they are having fun then feel demoralized.
What? Why were they so tense and nervous last night when THEY controlled their destiny?

Old
04-08-2011, 01:24 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Nash has all of the playoff history going for him. You're right. He's the missing piece
id take him

Old
04-08-2011, 01:26 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I think another, slightly bigger Ryan Callahan would do wonders for this club. And he is signed for 3.175 for the forseeable future, which is one of the biggest bargain contracts in the league.

He is only around a 10-15 goal, 20-25 point dropoff from Gaborik on their best years (Brown has outscored Gabby this year) but he hits, is better defensively, and is half the cap hit.

If we needed that inconsistant question mark gamebreaker, we could just take the remaining 4 mil and invest some of it in Gagne.

There is a reason I'm not an NHL gm, don't get me wrong. But I think we'd have to be out of our minds not to make a deal like that.
Gaborik isn't a question mark gamebreaker. He's having an off year. I said it in another thread, if this is what you get from him in an off year, sign me up.

He's playing better defensively then what I'd expect, in spite of the horrible back check he put in last night. He doesn't hit, it's not part of his game, although I've seen him get more physical recently as well. This team doesn't get to game 82 last year with as much as a sniff of the playoffs if Gaborik doesn't account for 1/4 of the teams offense.

He didn't carry the team this year, and in reality, he didn't have to, BUT to say you'd trade him for Dustin Brown, who has 56 points over 80 games, for Gaborik, who has 47 points in 61 games, which is 61 points over the 81 games the Rangers played this year. Oh, and lets not forget to mention Brown has Kopitar as his center, for all but the last few with Kopitar out with the broken ankle, while Gaborik gets to play with a rookie center (40pts), 2nd year center(40pts), and Eric Christensen (Do I need stats?) instead of Anze Kopitar?(#1 center, PPG player, playmaker)

I'll reserve judgement until the Rangers get a #1 (Richards/trade) or one of our own (Stepan, Anisimov) become one (if they do). I still wouldn't do it. Any team that has Avery, EC, Wolski, and Gilroy on it has too many holes in the roster. Lets not even mention the 3 forwards listed there have all seen time with Gaborik as well.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:29 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
What? Why were they so tense and nervous last night when THEY controlled their destiny?
Maybe because the coach psyched them out saying he was scared of the game against Atlanta? Is it possible Atlanta plays them tough cause NY is a big stage and want to show they are good? Makes sense since they aren't making the playoffs at this point. I expect them to play the same way tonight against Carolina. This is their playoffs, and you bet they wouldn't like more to beat these teams that are trying to get in.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I respect a lot of the things you post on this board RB, but really? Cmon man. I think this is just your frustration talking.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Slick Rick 61

Does anyone know if Versus or NHL Network picked this game up? I have Center Ice and live out of market, and I have to work tomorrow afternoon. Last year I got burned on a game last March when it said Center Ice would have it, but ended up being on NHL Network. As of now, it's only on MSG, but don't want to get burned again.

Closed Thread