Freddy Modin a Flame

Old
04-08-2011, 01:29 AM
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Not really, because if you house did burn down then you'd be 1/1 with the insurance.

We had Modin for 4 games and he was -3 and we lose him at the end of the year. We had Morrison and Moss out, so where was our "Modin-insurance" ?

A more apt comparison is actually buying fire insurance 4 times and having your house burn down 3 times and not getting any payout.

Oh and your insurance lasts only 1/3 of the year (or less in our Modin case).
Good lord, its a 7th round pick and you think bumping a thread over a month old is proving a point? You might be, but the point proven is not that you were right.

Nobody expected Modin to drag this team into the playoffs, and the 4 games and -3 are more than most 7th round picks will ever contribute in the NHL. Even by failing to live up to your standards, he did more than we could ever expect from a 7th round pick. Modin was another warm body to throw out there incase of injuries to avoid inexperienced call-ups. The 4 games he played acheived that, albeit rather shortly, but he did basically what was expected of him. Where is your point?

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:20 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid View Post
Good lord, its a 7th round pick and you think bumping a thread over a month old is proving a point? You might be, but the point proven is not that you were right.

Nobody expected Modin to drag this team into the playoffs, and the 4 games and -3 are more than most 7th round picks will ever contribute in the NHL. Even by failing to live up to your standards, he did more than we could ever expect from a 7th round pick. Modin was another warm body to throw out there incase of injuries to avoid inexperienced call-ups. The 4 games he played acheived that, albeit rather shortly, but he did basically what was expected of him. Where is your point?
MY point is that I criticized the trade, then everyone here basically criticized me for doing that. However minor the trade/pick is (which thankfully is very minor).

I said Modin was useless, and he low and behold he was useless. But it was like a 10 to 1fight in here against me on the issue of whether or not he would be of any use at all. I'm just pointing out my assessment was fairly accurate, despite harsh criticism against it.

If I can admit that Jokinen exceeded my own expectations and own up to criticizing others for it, I see nothing wrong in the opposite if people are criticizing my assessment elsewhere.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I will agree that picking up Modin was pointless because he was totally useless in his brief time here. We had no need for another locker room guy. The players were motivated enough all on their own. However its pointless arguing over because we aquired him for basically nothing.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
I suppose we'll find out who wins this trade when we look back in 5 years and see who played more. Modin with the Flames or the 7th Round pick for anybody. I wait with eager anticipation.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
MY point is that I criticized the trade, then everyone here basically criticized me for doing that. However minor the trade/pick is (which thankfully is very minor).

I said Modin was useless, and he low and behold he was useless. But it was like a 10 to 1fight in here against me on the issue of whether or not he would be of any use at all. I'm just pointing out my assessment was fairly accurate, despite harsh criticism against it.

If I can admit that Jokinen exceeded my own expectations and own up to criticizing others for it, I see nothing wrong in the opposite if people are criticizing my assessment elsewhere.
So basically you're ******** from people disagreeing with you?

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
I suppose we'll find out who wins this trade when we look back in 5 years and see who played more. Modin with the Flames or the 7th Round pick for anybody. I wait with eager anticipation.
While we wait, we'll also be delighted and enjoy the play of our 6th round pick who is bound to be a 13% more useful than Modin!

I don't even know if we have a 6th round pick.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:38 PM
flames123

A least we save some money by not paying the team the 7th rounder would have played for in junior. I think it is like $25,000 for a junior franchise if they have a 7th rounder drafted.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:54 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
A least we save some money by not paying the team the 7th rounder would have played for in junior. I think it is like $25,000 for a junior franchise if they have a 7th rounder drafted.
You sure its the Flames franchise that pays it or the NHL? I didn't know they received money for having players drafted.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 07:00 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
You sure its the Flames franchise that pays it or the NHL? I didn't know they received money for having players drafted.
It's always all about the money!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:58 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Well this deal sure proved to be a huge failure.

All the best to Modin whever he goes next season, as long as it's not here.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

So what happened to Modin? Injured or what..

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:43 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneufed View Post
So what happened to Modin? Injured or what..
Probably a bit of both As long as he is not a Flame next year all is good on this front.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote