HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is anyone NOT worried?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2011, 04:47 PM
  #101
BulkVanderHuge
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Naw, not worried. Why should I be stressing over million dollar athletes? It's entertainment, I'm not going to walk around with a frown on my face, or take it out on my loved ones (maybe the people I hate, though) if they lay down and let a week team beat them. They know, and the rest of the league knows what they are capable of when they want to play hard.

Good thing is the real season hasn't started yet, and I find way to many people overemphasize the regular season. If they finish 2nd, then I don't see what the big deal is, they'll wake up by the 2nd round.

BulkVanderHuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 04:49 PM
  #102
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulkVanderHuge View Post
Naw, not worried. Why should I be stressing over million dollar athletes? It's entertainment, I'm not going to walk around with a frown on my face, or take it out on my loved ones (maybe the people I hate, though) if they lay down and let a week team beat them. They know, and the rest of the league knows what they are capable of when they want to play hard.

Good thing is the real season hasn't started yet, and I find way to many people overemphasize the regular season. If they finish 2nd, then I don't see what the big deal is, they'll wake up by the 2nd round.
If they get to the 2nd round.

If they finish 2nd, and not 4th, and don't draw TB - who they have struggled with this year....

It's not like teams magically just play to their full capability when the playoffs begin, and the one thing this team has right now is seeding...which they're on the verge of losing.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 08:20 AM
  #103
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Abington (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrs21 View Post
A new coach???? The core players have had 2 coaches on the opposite ends of the coaching spectrum and look what happened to the other.

I think it's time to hold the players accountable








.
The GM got us here because he selected this bunch. Just blow the who thing up and start from scratch!!

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:51 AM
  #104
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Wow. That is exactly how I thought you felt about this team. No faith at all.
Yes, because losing to the Skirts in a game followed by an full on shakedown by the Sens just oooozes with confidence for the potential of this team.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:14 PM
  #105
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
To answer the thread's question:

Hell no, I'm not worried. I'm not worried because we are, at best, a 2nd round exit. Therefore, nothing to be worried about.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 12:26 PM
  #106
phillyfanatic
Registered User
 
phillyfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Yes, because losing to the Skirts in a game followed by an full on shakedown by the Sens just oooozes with confidence for the potential of this team.
Read my next response to you. I am not at all confident right now, I am closer to your thinking then I would like to admit.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 02:35 PM
  #107
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Yes, because losing to the Skirts in a game followed by an full on shakedown by the Sens just oooozes with confidence for the potential of this team.
It's all Carter's fault.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
  #108
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
To answer the thread's question:

Hell no, I'm not worried. I'm not worried because we are, at best, a 2nd round exit. Therefore, nothing to be worried about.
Do you mean "at worst" a second round exit?

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 03:04 PM
  #109
drownedsailors
Registered User
 
drownedsailors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
If they can't get by the first round; than obviously they're not good enough to win the cup, it's as simple as that.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 07:23 AM
  #110
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
If they can't get by the first round; than obviously they're not good enough to win the cup, it's as simple as that.
Duh.

This reminds me of Tim McCarver.
"If he didn't run passed third base, he wouldn't have made it home!"
"If you leadoff and you play every day, you're guaranteed to bat with the bases empty at least 162 times."
“With Guererro, it’s not as much a strike ZONE as it is a strike AREA.”

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 02:58 PM
  #111
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Do you mean "at worst" a second round exit?
No. I mean I think we are at best a 2nd round exit. At worst, we would be out in the first.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
  #112
Villedelphia*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Troy
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 1,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
No. I mean I think we are at best a 2nd round exit. At worst, we would be out in the first.
I agree, even if the team wakes up for playoffs, I don't see Bob being able to handle the pressure. Hopefully he gets hurt because I think Leighton and his experience has a much better chance to lead us deeper into the playoffs. IMO he is our only hope for winning the cup this year.

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
  #113
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
I agree, even if the team wakes up for playoffs, I don't see Bob being able to handle the pressure. Hopefully he gets hurt because I think Leighton and his experience has a much better chance to lead us deeper into the playoffs. IMO he is our only hope for winning the cup this year.
We also NEED Z to be playing ~20 mins a game in order to be successful in the playoffs. And we NEED Shelley on the 4th line to protect our weak, small and soft forwards

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:29 PM
  #114
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
No. I mean I think we are at best a 2nd round exit. At worst, we would be out in the first.
Wouldn't that be reason to worry?

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 03:30 PM
  #115
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Wouldn't that be reason to worry?
Worried? Why?

In the immortal words of Bryz, "That's hockey! It's only game!"

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
  #116
Snipsnap12
Registered User
 
Snipsnap12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,846
vCash: 500



watch this and tell me this team wont start to battle and turn it on when playoffs come...

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:19 PM
  #117
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villedelphia View Post
I agree, even if the team wakes up for playoffs, I don't see Bob being able to handle the pressure. Hopefully he gets hurt because I think Leighton and his experience has a much better chance to lead us deeper into the playoffs. IMO he is our only hope for winning the cup this year.
You know this is a great point. I brought this up earlier when I first joined HF.

Bob is a rookie. How is he going to handle the playoffs is a huge question mark right now.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:20 PM
  #118
ShotScore*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia,Pa.
Country: Italy
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Wouldn't that be reason to worry?
It would be if I thought we had a legitimate shot to win the Cup. Since we don't (in my opinion) I'm not worrying.

ShotScore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:29 PM
  #119
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
You know this is a great point. I brought this up earlier when I first joined HF.

Bob is a rookie. How is he going to handle the playoffs is a huge question mark right now.
I'm pretty sure he's pulling your leg.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:37 PM
  #120
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Im worried that we might not even make the playoffs at this rate

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
  #121
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
You know this is a great point. I brought this up earlier when I first joined HF.

Bob is a rookie. How is he going to handle the playoffs is a huge question mark right now.
Another rookie who played for Laviolette and won the Cup (after the starter faltered): Cam Ward.

I'm not equating the two, but just saying that Bob being a rookie isn't necessarily a reason to write off the entire team.

I'm writing them off for numerous other reasons, all of which are more disquieting.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:09 PM
  #122
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 47,611
vCash: 500
Bob's mental fortitude is close to the last thing I'm worried about.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:26 AM
  #123
skeebone
 
skeebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Does anyone else out there think Richie needs to be replaced as Captain? Is he too young? I just feel that someone like Pronger would be better served as captain for this young team,I know hes hurt but come on someone has to smack them in the arse and it doesnt seem to me they are getting anything from Richie right now.

For craps sake I hope he proves me wrong in the playoffs and I eat my words !

skeebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:28 AM
  #124
SelanneLion*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wandering/DC
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeebone View Post
Does anyone else out there think Richie needs to be replaced as Captain? Is he too young? I just feel that someone like Pronger would be better served as captain for this young team,I know hes hurt but come on someone has to smack them in the arse and it doesnt seem to me they are getting anything from Richie right now.

For craps sake I hope he proves me wrong in the playoffs and I eat my words !
That's not even a question. We don't need a grumpy mute that only gets talkative at the bar with a skank on his arm and a half-bottle of Jager in his gut.

We need a real leader and someone who isn't a child.

SelanneLion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:08 AM
  #125
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelanneLion View Post
That's not even a question. We don't need a grumpy mute that only gets talkative at the bar with a skank on his arm and a half-bottle of Jager in his gut.

We need a real leader and someone who isn't a child.
A new fragrance, Winning by Richards





HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.