HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #81 : Kings @ Ducks - Friday, 4/8/11 @ 7:00 pm PDT (TV = KDOC)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
It's difficult to be optimistic about these next two games.

The Ducks have 4 game breaking forwards, and a number #1 defenseman who's actually playing like a #1 defenseman.

The Kings have none of these things.
A-Mart slaps you silly

Old
04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Finding out this game is being broadcast on KDOC has absolutely ruined my day.
What, you don't have an AM radio? I'm sure you can get one cheap at Radio Shack. Assuming of course you live within signal range, but even then you could probably pick up the webcast of the radio call.

Old
04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

I didn't want to start a new thread...but could we know who our playoff opponent will be after tonight? Or is the opponent not going to be known until the last game?

Old
04-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread...but could we know who our playoff opponent will be after tonight? Or is the opponent not going to be known until the last game?
If we win tonight and then one of Phoenix/Nashville wins and the other loses, then we'll probably be playing the team that won in the #4/#5 spot. If that happens, we're locked in to either the 4th or 5th seed.

Nashville will more than likely win their last two games since they're both eliminated Western teams. Columbus won't even have Nash tonight.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
FWIW... KDOC DOES broadcast in HD (the game will be in HD on KDOC for those who can receive it in HD), but only a few broadcast providers carry their HD signal. Some TimeWarner areas have it, as does AT&T U-Verse. DirecTV does not. DISH I believe does carry the HD feed but I'm not certain.
Verizon Fios added KDOC HD recently as well.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
hahahaha cutty. jesus. thanks for the morning laugh.

they REALLY really do. they bring flags and **** and do a full 360 taunt. drives me crazy.
When opposing fans do that **** I make sure to yell louder than all of them. I once drowned out a group of 10 fans. Shut them up real quick. 'YOU GUYS ARE SUCH LITTLE GIRLS NOBODY CAN EVEN HEAR YOU YOU MISERABLE MORONS'. Or something to that effect. I've found that if I make all their yelling pointless with my own yelling, they stop after a little while.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:27 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
A-Mart slaps you silly
You LOVE A-Mart, eh?

Old
04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
If we win tonight and then one of Phoenix/Nashville wins and the other loses, then we'll probably be playing the team that won in the #4/#5 spot. If that happens, we're locked in to either the 4th or 5th seed.

Nashville will more than likely win their last two games since they're both eliminated Western teams. Columbus won't even have Nash tonight.
Thanks.

Prefer playing Phoenix over Nashville. Less travel and I liked what I saw out of the last game.

Old
04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
What, you don't have an AM radio? I'm sure you can get one cheap at Radio Shack. Assuming of course you live within signal range, but even then you could probably pick up the webcast of the radio call.
What are you babbling about? This is an HD issue.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:47 PM
SLang

Quote:
What are you babbling about? This is an HD issue.
I babble, it happens.

But if you read the thread, there are two issues with the KDOC problem, first being HD, and second being you have to listen to the Ducks announcers. You weren't specific as the WHY your day was ruined and I assumed it was because you didn't want to listen to those two guys (who incidentally make me look like an absoulte rookie when it comes to babbling).

Personally I would rather have my eyes bleed watching SD but listening to Bob/Jim, than have a beautiful HD picture but have to listen to those Ducks announcers.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:50 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Something tells me this guy was asking for it, I think if you're quiet and keep to yourself and take the verbal heckling that comes along with being a rival fan at someone else's barn, you should be fine . . . I threw a hotdog at a Wild fan once but that's because he would turn around everytime they scored a goal and taunt the crowd . . . you don't do that ****.
Cutty, I wanted to ask...did you get tossed out of the arena for that?

Old
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Well, not if you have Directv. Is there any chance we get the HD feed off the center-ice package??
$12 and trip to Best Buy will get you this...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA+-+In...&skuId=8280834

Tune into KDOC 56.1

You're welcome.

Old
04-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
I babble, it happens.

But if you read the thread, there are two issues with the KDOC problem, first being HD, and second being you have to listen to the Ducks announcers. You weren't specific as the WHY your day was ruined and I assumed it was because you didn't want to listen to those two guys (who incidentally make me look like an absoulte rookie when it comes to babbling).

Personally I would rather have my eyes bleed watching SD but listening to Bob/Jim, than have a beautiful HD picture but have to listen to those Ducks announcers.
Listening to Gayward isn't an issue, I just put the TV on mute and crank the tunes.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:03 PM
SLang

Quote:
Listening to Gayward isn't an issue, I just put the TV on mute and crank the tunes.
Or you could go to Radio Shack and get an AM radio. God damn, full circle! LOL

Old
04-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Shellz

Quote:
I got all kinds of questions about how Kings fans treat opposing fans while in San Jose watching that blowout from the Sharks. People are genuinely afraid to come down to LA and watch a hockey game at Staples Center!

Don't get me wrong, horrible incident, but it was one incident. Media blows things out of proportion as usual.
Lmao. What babies.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:35 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Lmao. What babies.
Yeah I was baffled, but it was more of a result of the local media in the bay area blowing it out of proportion. Shark fans are cool, and tolerable for the most part.

Duck fans...not so much. I do find it funny, that the Ducks blog has to plead for safety, because a bunch of wild ape King fans are going to descend on Anaheim! Oh noes!

Old
04-08-2011, 03:36 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 50
Working on a Saturday. I think it will be for the best. Im too nervous about this.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Yeah I was baffled, but it was more of a result of the local media in the bay area blowing it out of proportion. Shark fans are cool, and tolerable for the most part.

Duck fans...not so much. I do find it funny, that the Ducks blog has to plead for safety, because a bunch of wild ape King fans are going to descend on Anaheim! Oh noes!

It is just kind of idiotic. That's like, I'm not going to go to target because someone got kidnapped there. It's sad what happened, but it would stupid to worry about something like that.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Do you listen to Guns N Rhoadz's?

Old
04-08-2011, 03:41 PM
JDM

Funny, I had always heard that the shark tank is very unfriendly to opposing fans... Now THEY are the ones scared to come down here?

Old
04-08-2011, 03:42 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Duck fans, please follow the safety guidelines (below). Helmets will be distributed prior to the game for your safety while watching the hockey game. Please be aware of any King fans sitting in the vicinity of your seat. If you feel threatened, please text 1-800-pansy and Honda's security will be there in 2 seconds.

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-08-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: no edit - fat fingered the wrong button
Old
04-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Funny, I had always heard that the shark tank is very unfriendly to opposing fans... Now THEY are the ones scared to come down here?
That doesn't surprise me. Go read the comments on that OC Register article. People from Orange County are under the illusion that a-holes only live and/or go to hockey games in LA. That kinda thing just doesn't happen once you cross the county line.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:46 PM
SLang

Quote:
Duck fans, please follow the safety guidelines (below). Helmets will be distributed prior to the game for your safety while watching the hockey game. Please be aware of any King fans sitting in the vicinity of your seat. If you feel threatened, please text 1-800-pansy and Honda's security will be there in 2 seconds.

classic

Old
04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
That doesn't surprise me. Go read the comments on that OC Register article. People from Orange County are under the illusion that a-holes only live and/or go to hockey games in LA. That kinda thing just doesn't happen once you cross the county line.
I think the big misunderstanding here is that duck fans get frightened by all the cheering by kings fans. They aren't used to loud noises. Anything outside the polite golf clap that follows the play at the pond, our screaming is misconstrued as violent behavior. Understandable though, pitiable even. Ducks fans coming to staples is like bringing a poodle to a lions den.

Old
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
classic
Grazie.

Wonder if I should post that in the Ducks forum?

Closed Thread