HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #81 : Kings @ Ducks - Friday, 4/8/11 @ 7:00 pm PDT (TV = KDOC)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 03:55 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

vCash: 500
Probably will be listening to Nickson and Evans online. No KDOC in Vegas. Probably for the best.

GO KINGS GO!!!!

Old
04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 1527
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I got all kinds of questions about how Kings fans treat opposing fans while in San Jose watching that blowout from the Sharks. People are genuinely afraid to come down to LA and watch a hockey game at Staples Center!

Don't get me wrong, horrible incident, but it was one incident. Media blows things out of proportion as usual.
Odd. Being in Reno, the games I see, in person, the most are in San Jose and it isn't always fun and games at the tank. I admit that the fans, like most buildings, are civil with just standard heckling and jawing back and forth, but I've seen it get out of hand many times and have watched Shark fans pelt autographed Kings jerseys with mustard... Not too pretty. Always bring a lower end, non-autographed, jersey to an opponent's rink.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Odd. Being in Reno, the games I see, in person, the most are in San Jose and it isn't always fun and games at the tank. I admit that the fans, like most buildings, are civil with just standard heckling and jawing back and forth, but I've seen it get out of hand many times and have watched Shark fans pelt autographed Kings jerseys with mustard... Not too pretty.
Sure, it happens in all arenas.

I do have a question, these autographed jerseys. Were the jerseys signed at the game? If that's the case, that is unfortunate. However if they wear these jerseys to a division rival's barn. They would be really naive in doing so.

Old
04-08-2011, 04:05 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

I don't even wear a jersey to a road game. A Kings t-shirt is good enough. I've had enough "accidental" beer spills at an opposing team's barn to know better.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
Old
04-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Odd. Being in Reno, the games I see, in person, the most are in San Jose and it isn't always fun and games at the tank. I admit that the fans, like most buildings, are civil with just standard heckling and jawing back and forth, but I've seen it get out of hand many times and have watched Shark fans pelt autographed Kings jerseys with mustard... Not too pretty. Always bring a lower end, non-autographed, jersey to an opponent's rink.
Yeah I usually bring an autographed stick instead. I've yet to have a problem at an opposing team's arena.

When a few friends and I went to Phoenix this year (the only game the Kings won there), we were so obnoxious on purpose but it helped that it was dollar beer night. The fans there for the most part didn't even seem to care about the game except this really annoying kid behind us. After the first goal we kept doing that annoying Coyote Howl and lets just say that by the end of the night, they wanted to strangle us because we kept doing it after every Kings goal or big moment in the game.

At the end of the night, I got split up from the group and as I was going down the escalator, they were about 10 steps ahead of me and I was right by the kid and his dad. He was so upset that my friends kept doing the howl and was acting like a brat and his dad said "oh give it a rest, you'd be doing the same thing if the coyotes won". The kid (maybe 11 or 12 years old) looked like he was going to cry! haha!

Old
04-08-2011, 04:10 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Yeah... If your the kind o f person who cares about ur signed jersey being in clean condition, don't wear it to a game in the first place. Not at staples or anywhere else. If I had a jersey creamed with mustard A) I'd be happy it finally wasn't me who spilled on my own jersey and B) I'd take it as a memory and sign of pride. "see this stain little Jimmy? That was when that shark fan threw mustard at me When I drove 5 hours to go watch the kings play in San Jose. The kings scored, I yelled at a sharks fan that his team sucked as much as his face and he threw a hot dog at me. I laughed. Good times'

If you care about your jersey that much, just put in glass already.

Old
04-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Rapid eye movemenT
san.W.o.se sharks

KILL THE DUCKS.

Please smash Corey Perry's stupid face into the ground and then take poops on it plz k thx.

~ Sharks

Old
04-08-2011, 04:39 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Funny, I had always heard that the shark tank is very unfriendly to opposing fans... Now THEY are the ones scared to come down here?
I was at the 4-0 Kings win at the Shark Tank in December. I must say, I was very surprised how friendly they were. I was wearing a Doughty 3rd jersey. When the Kings scored, I clapped and cheered but stayed in my seat and didn't mock anyone. I got a few dirty looks, but nothing more. There was a drunk Kings fan a few rows below me (and actually ended up staying at the same hotel I was). They gave him trouble, but nothing more than yelling at him. I was in a section full of season seat holders, as I actually got the tickets from a guy on the HF Sharks boards. To be honest, I hated the drunk Kings fan as much as the Sharks fans did.

It might help that I'm a girl as well, who knows.

Old
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah I usually bring an autographed stick instead. I've yet to have a problem at an opposing team's arena.
Was the stick tall enough to intimidate would-be troublemakers?

Old
04-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 1527
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Exactly, just have to develop thick skin. It is mandatory if you are going into an opposing arena... I have like 8 or 9 jerseys, only like 2-3 that are not signed and nothing special, so obviously those are the ones designated to do battle in opposing arenas, and I don't care too much what happens to them, they are made to be worn and damaged . I don't think I can go to a hockey game and not wear my jersey, unless the Kings are just not playing at all, then I don't want to be "that guy" wearing some random jersey to two unrelated teams.

Of course, I have some, like Robitaille's jersey that he wore during his retirement, that are safe under glass, but if the jersey wasn't worn, doesn't have historical or sentimental significance, and has only one signature or so on it then it is made to by worn in my opinion I usually practice in my signed Frolov sweater. Sure it gets it's wear, but it is one of my favorites, and it is just a standard signed sweater, nothing to write home about, not worth much more than what it was purchased for. Can't take it with me when I die, might as well wear it when I can

Old
04-08-2011, 04:54 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Funny, I had always heard that the shark tank is very unfriendly to opposing fans... Now THEY are the ones scared to come down here?
It is. Some college kids yelled at me and my friends last year at a game where we won like 6-2 i think. Its not just college kids though cause I believe also last year a Shark fan got in my face after we lost in a shootout to him and it got to the point to where I would have punched him if my friend didn't start pushing me up the stairs. Living in the bay area all my life, I've always gone to Kings Sharks games in SJ and I always get dirty looks and comments.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
KILL THE DUCKS.

Please smash Corey Perry's stupid face into the ground and then take poops on it plz k thx.

~ Sharks

Old
04-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
It is. Some college kids yelled at me and my friends last year at a game where we won like 6-2 i think. Its not just college kids though cause I believe also last year a Shark fan got in my face after we lost in a shootout to him and it got to the point to where I would have punched him if my friend didn't start pushing me up the stairs. Living in the bay area all my life, I've always gone to Kings Sharks games in SJ and I always get dirty looks and comments.
We had sort of a strange experience in the tank once.

We were in SJ for a tournament of our own, so there were about 8-9 of us at the game. We actually had some good conversation with some Sharks fans, and somehow, it turned bad and almost into an altercation, so we got moved to another section. I blame the booze.

The funny part was, the next morning, the guys we nearly rumbled with were on the opposing team for the opening faceoff We all got a good laugh out of that one.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:09 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
KILL THE DUCKS.

~ Sharks

Old
04-08-2011, 05:16 PM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
We had sort of a strange experience in the tank once.

We were in SJ for a tournament of our own, so there were about 8-9 of us at the game. We actually had some good conversation with some Sharks fans, and somehow, it turned bad and almost into an altercation, so we got moved to another section. I blame the booze.

The funny part was, the next morning, the guys we nearly rumbled with were on the opposing team for the opening faceoff We all got a good laugh out of that one.
As in ice hockey tourney? At Logitech Ice? That's brutal. They have the most biased refs I've ever seen.

I hate Sharks fans. Most of my friends are Sharks fans sadly. Going to games sucks cause when I go, its either with my dad whos a sharks fan, a random friend who will more than likely cheer for the Sharks, or my good friend whos an Avs fan and hates the Sharks too. When we go to games it's fun cause we talk **** about the Sharks the whole time and if I'm close enough, I always yell at Heatley when he's near our seats and thats gotten us into some altercations lol.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:18 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
LOL @ "rumbled".

Side note - everyone rocking the playoff avi's - lookin' good!

Old
04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
You LOVE A-Mart, eh?
i do

which is interesting since I thought Muzzin should have held the spot over him, but he is now probably my fav player

Old
04-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
KILL THE DUCKS.

~ Sharks

Thank you for that. Gonna miss tonights game because of work. Needed that laugh. At least ill see tomorrows game...

Old
04-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Was the stick tall enough to intimidate would-be troublemakers?
Yeah it does the job. I think the clumps of human hair caught on the end of the blade make others nervous.

Old
04-08-2011, 07:00 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Here's what the Ducks have tonight...

Old
04-08-2011, 07:10 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaim the Crown

I love how we're talking about the Sharks in this Kings-ducks GDT. The ducks just aren't worth talking about

Old
04-08-2011, 07:16 PM
SFKingshomer

Ugh, have to hear Hayward and no HD on Center Ice here. GO KINGS GO

Old
04-08-2011, 07:37 PM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Grazie.

Wonder if I should post that in the Ducks forum?
But change the number to 1-800-ibpansy...

Old
04-08-2011, 07:42 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Since it's all about home ice tonight, here's some factoids:

It's been 19 years since the Kings last had home ice in a playoff series. 1991-92 was the last time.

Ryan Smyth has been in 11 playoff series in his career. 11 times - not once with home ice advantage.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
AnaheimGuy
Couch GM

Quote:

There is absolutely no reason one person should throw stuff at another person. There is no reason to physically disrespect anyone I dont care who they are. Sure Im all for the banter back and forth, thats what makes the games fun. What happened to respect for one another? This goes for all sports Football, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Cricket or Chess.

Closed Thread