HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Line Combinations for Calgary game

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 07:17 PM
outKast*

vCash: 500
Line Combinations for Calgary game

What line combinations would you like to see if you were in MAC T's shoes? Calgary won't be as tough to play against as Vancouver so i think we should let Stoll make his debut.

here's <b>My Line Combos:</b>

York Smyth Hemsky ---> <sup>Smyth and York have Chemistry with Hemmer</sup>
Torres Horcoff Dvorak ----> <sup>Hopefully they can get something going DVO could be the sniper they need to complete this line.</sup>
Moreau Reasoner Laraque ------> <sup>IMO Laraque can be a checking force in the NHL if he really wanted to.</sup>
Isbister Stoll Chimera ----> <sup>not a bad 4th line. let's see what Jared can do.</sup>

scratch: Pisani -----> <sup>Odd man out. He's played well but i want to see what Jared can do.</sup>

Brewer Semenov ---> <sup>Towering pair. Hopefully we dont see too many defensive blunders.</sup>
Smith Bergeron ---> <sup>Smith can save Bergy's butt if he tries to pinch to high.</sup>
Cross Staois ----> <sup>good 3rd pairing.</sup>

scratch: Fergie --------> <sup>Too slow to be an Oiler. I'd rather see Luoma as our 7th guy.</sup>

Conklin to start

Salo <sup>
needs to do some soul searching. He's had a horrible first 2 games. So far he's been letting in classic "Salo goals" where he lets in a softy or he lets in a goal 5 minutes after the Oilers score an important goal and the other team takes over the momentum. Hopefully he can get better as the season progresses. If he doesnt then we really have a problem in goal. If he wants to stay an Edmonton Oiler then he better get his act together preety soon. We need him to play at his best everynight. Not to put too much pressure on him, but Tommy is the backbone of our team. </sup>

Old
10-13-2003, 07:59 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
If you think that Isbister won't be on the top six for more then two games your kidding urself. In the first game he played good and created chances, but had that damn chin guard thing on and that would obviously hurt a players performance. NOBODY played even decent against the nucks, so he didn't earn a demotion because he played no worse then the entire team. Fergy has been one of our best blueliners. He leads our team in +/- and you want to sit him? Come off it. Cross I could see maybe.

Old
10-14-2003, 02:32 AM
Yanner39

I've never been a big line predicter and I won't start with a Craig MacTavish coached team. I will however say that I'd like to see Semenov in the lineup. I watch a bit of the game Saturday (was at the in-laws dammit!) and Ferguson looks slow.

Closed Thread