HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

NHL Pants specs

Old
04-08-2011, 04:32 PM
rmhockey9

vCash: 500
NHL Pants specs

I have noticed that most top retail pants (Bauer Total Ones, Reebok 11ks, etc) are really heavy and bulky, but NHL style pants seem to be "flat" and almost fit to the players leg. Is this because they are girdle/shell rather than actual pants, or are they just made with custom specs for pros? Also, any reccomendations for pants or how to alter pants would be appreciated.

rmhockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
ponder

I think pants are more popular than girdles in the NHL, but a lot of NHLers do wear girdles. Bertuzzi who you have pictured above wears a girdle I believe, Gaborik wears one too, Taylor Hall definitely wears a girdle. If you see pants that look really skinny, probably a girdle, but some models of pants are just tighter fitting than others too, Bauer Vapour and Easton Stealth pants seem pretty close fitting, and I think the Rbk 8K pant is basically a shell/girdle sold together. Even my 5K pants are pretty close fitting and mobile, I like em. I'm fairly certain there are pro-stock pants too, and I'd assume equiptment managers would alter pants for players too, I don't have any tips for doing this though.

Last edited by ponder: 04-08-2011 at 05:52 PM.
ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 06:05 PM
rmhockey9

Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to check out some Bauer pants as well as girdles. I have checked ebay for prostock pants, but I havent had much luck in my size.

rmhockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 08:32 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhockey9 View Post
Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to check out some Bauer pants as well as girdles. I have checked ebay for prostock pants, but I havent had much luck in my size.
In terms of girdles I've heard good things about the Warrior Projekt, Tackla 4000 and Bauer X60, though I'm sure there are other good girdles out there too.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:56 PM
jwitz04

**** todd bertuzzi

jwitz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:43 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Just bought a pair of Bauer X40 pants and I love them. I had Warrior Bonafide pants before but I hate Warrior. I had to buy the Warriors because I was eager to get started playing ice and those were the only ones that fit. But the Bauer ones provide more protection and fit a lot better.

Have yet to try the girdle/shell combo but I have always wanted to to see what the difference is.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote