HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Matt Foley
Blue Jackets

vCash: 500
Warning re: Sabres fans...

Oh, sure; they're all nice, cute and cuddly when they're sober. But when you let even just sniff a beer cap, it's just like letting a Gremlin either eat after midnight or jump in a swimming pool - nothing good ever happens. As you're exiting the arena, make sure to look down when you're walking so that you don't step in one of the pools of vomit they leave behind.

Don't tell me that I didn't warn you.

Old
04-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Warning re: Sabres fans...

Oh, sure; they're all nice, cute and cuddly when they're sober. But when you let even just sniff a beer cap, it's just like letting a Gremlin either eat after midnight or jump in a swimming pool - nothing good ever happens. As you're exiting the arena, make sure to look down when you're walking so that you don't step in one of the pools of vomit they leave behind.

Don't tell me that I didn't warn you.

Thanks for the early morning laugh, I needed that

Old
04-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Bobcat110

I'm actually kinda hoping the Sabres fans outnumber CBJ fans and trash the house. I want the whole CBJ organization (coaches, players, management, owners) looking in the stands thinking "Good gawd we've really screwed this franchise up" and have that last game of the season etched in their memory all summer.

So Sabres fans...come to Columbus, escape the reality of living in Buffalo and let it all hangout Saturday night

Old
04-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
I'm actually kinda hoping the Sabres fans outnumber CBJ fans and trash the house. I want the whole CBJ organization (coaches, players, management, owners) looking in the stands thinking "Good gawd we've really screwed this franchise up" and have that last game of the season etched in their memory all summer.

So Sabres fans...come to Columbus, escape the reality of living in Buffalo and let it all hangout Saturday night
As much as it will suck, this is what we need. Our collapse the last several weeks is also probably better than us being in the race, only to finish 9th or 10th. We need complete and utter failure, only then could management realize how much we suck.

Buffalo fans on the Zamboni, winning the jerseys, why not even let one of them sing the anthem.

Old
04-07-2011, 08:47 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
Have 4 tickets in section C5 for the home closer, 4/9/2011, against the Sabres, and also my 2 tickets in C5 that I won't be able to attend now due to having to go out of town. Face value is $100 each, willing to discount tickets and split up in pairs to move them and make some of my $$$ back. PM me with offer.

***EDIT***

My 2 seats have been sold... I still have the 4 together. C5, row G, seats 1-4 on the end of the row. Still willing to split them up into pairs, PM with offer.
Seats 1/2 are sold.

I still have seats 3/4 available. Again, Section C5, row G, face value is $100 each, PM with offer. Thanks!

Old
04-07-2011, 09:38 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

I know I'm stating the obvious, but as much as I'd like to see the CBJ move to the East, games like the Pittsburgh game and Saturday night might be an indication as to what home games with us in the East might be like.

It'd be worth it to put more butts in seats, though.

edit- Who's the HF member that got the full beer thrown on him after Zherdev scored an ENG in Buffalo to seal a 3-0 win in 07-08?

Last edited by CBJSprague24: 04-07-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old
04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
zTheWalkingDead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo16 View Post
I'll give any Sabres fan the benefit of the doubt til he/she actually does something asinine. I went to Buffalo with some friends for a Jackets game earlier this season and had a great time. The Sabres fans that sat around us were very friendly, and even though they beat us 5-0 no one ever heckled us for the team's poor performance.

As for pregame, R-Bar is definitely the place to be (it will be PACKED, so get there early).
As for meeting players, maybe best bet is to hang out in the lobby of the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, which is where the visiting teams usually stay.

Have fun on Saturday, but I hope your team loses!
Is there any place around the arenato meet the Sabres or Jackets players, or both?

Old
04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by zTheWalkingDead View Post
Is there any place around the arenato meet the Sabres or Jackets players, or both?
I'm sure you'll find Voracek and Brassard at the local watering holes after the game.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldFast13 View Post
Not sure any of us are in any sort of mood for yet another "invasion" but THE Hockey bar in town would be The Plugged Nickle.
ROFL!! That was great, but would have been much funnier if it was actually still open.

Quote:
You Buffalo guys should check out Slammers after the game it's a pretty sweet Hockey bar/Pool hall on E Long Street. TONS of chicks there.
Dude, your killing me!!

I will be there Saturday to absorb another smack down from visiting fans. I can't remember one game this year that we have sent a large contingent of visiting fans home unhappy, so Sabres fans should feel pretty good about their chances.

Sabres fans have always been, far-and-away, the rudest, most obnoxious visiting fans to come into the Nat. That is until this years Pens game. They clearly can proudly wear the biggest Ass-hat visiting fans crown of all time now.

Sabres fans, you have your work cut out for you now to take the crown back. I have complete confidence in you to reclaim your title.

Old
04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Happy Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by zTheWalkingDead View Post
Not really. Jackets players park in a secure part of the attached parking garage and the visiting team bus parks there as well. Often in warmer months you can find visiting players walking between their hotel and the arena before or after the morning skate, or to the game if they like to arrive before the team bus.

Old
04-07-2011, 02:15 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Any chance of some late season lake effect snow storms making travel imposable up north this weekend?

Old
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Any chance of some late season lake effect snow storms making travel imposable up north this weekend?
they'd still make it.

Old
04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
they'd still make it.
Thats true, unlike people from Columbus I am sure they can drive in the snow.

Old
04-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
ROFL!! That was great, but would have been much funnier if it was actually still open.

Dude, your killing me!!

I will be there Saturday to absorb another smack down from visiting fans. I can't remember one game this year that we have sent a large contingent of visiting fans home unhappy, so Sabres fans should feel pretty good about their chances.

Sabres fans have always been, far-and-away, the rudest, most obnoxious visiting fans to come into the Nat. That is until this years Pens game. They clearly can proudly wear the biggest Ass-hat visiting fans crown of all time now.

Sabres fans, you have your work cut out for you now to take the crown back. I have complete confidence in you to reclaim your title.
Better hope the Sabres clinch before Saturday, if they need a point in Columbus and get it stay out of the bars....

Old
04-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Better hope the Sabres clinch before Saturday, if they need a point in Columbus and get it stay out of the bars....
Oh man, I didn't think about that.

Old
04-07-2011, 04:26 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It'd be more of a problem if the need the point and don't get it. They don't handle defeat any better than they do victory. That said, we have enough stupid drunks around to at least make it interesting.

Old
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
True that.

Except if this game is like some of the other games this season where there were a large contingent of visiting fans, most of the CBJ fans will be gone by the end of the second period.

Old
04-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
True that.

Except if this game is like some of the other games this season where there were a large contingent of visiting fans, most of the CBJ fans will be gone by the end of the second period.
Good luck with Carolina.. they are playing well as is NYR, it's going to be fun watching these games over the weekend.. That Skinner kid is what I dream about having on the Blue Jackets.

Old
04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
Thanks to the CBJ ticket folks for ****ing over me and my 6 friends that were going to buy Rush Tickets online at noon on Saturday and then drive down to the game from Cleveland........CBJ folks just posted on their website that there won't be a Rush presale this Saturday..........because of the late notice the only tickets we could get for under $50 were standing room tickets in Section 103 for $31 each. Anyone have experience with standing room tickets they would like to share? I'm pretty pissed out this.

Also, we're all 21 years old and looking for a good time after the game.....obviously there's the rBar but that will probably be jammed all night.....what other bars downtown would have alot of college-aged kids and would be a good time Saturday night?

Old
04-07-2011, 08:23 PM
kirsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post
Thanks to the CBJ ticket folks for ****ing over me and my 6 friends that were going to buy Rush Tickets online at noon on Saturday and then drive down to the game from Cleveland........CBJ folks just posted on their website that there won't be a Rush presale this Saturday..........because of the late notice the only tickets we could get for under $50 were standing room tickets in Section 103 for $31 each. Anyone have experience with standing room tickets they would like to share? I'm pretty pissed out this.

Also, we're all 21 years old and looking for a good time after the game.....obviously there's the rBar but that will probably be jammed all night.....what other bars downtown would have alot of college-aged kids and would be a good time Saturday night?
Standing room is good from there. It's annoying to not be able to sit but it is a good view. That's too bad about the tickets eh, normally I'd say it's not a problem to get tickets if you just come down and go for green seats or the normal rush tickets, but I understand coming from so far away you really want to make sure you will have a ticket!

R-Bar is superior.. I guess you could go to Brothers, or.... somewhere else. I don't do bars, so I don't know many.

Old
04-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

I like Garage Bar too.

Old
04-08-2011, 08:13 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan1 View Post
Seats 1/2 are sold.

I still have seats 3/4 available. Again, Section C5, row G, face value is $100 each, PM with offer. Thanks!
Tickets sold. Thanks!

Old
04-08-2011, 08:19 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliemon89 View Post

Presale is probably not available because it's a "premier" game... they'd rather sell more seats at higher price for one of the more popular games, and I don't blame them.

Standing room isn't terrible if you don't mind standing. You'll be essentially standing up against the wall behind the handicap seats, so you can at least 'lean'. Good view of the ice.

Bars??? If you are looking for food after the game, head across the street to BD's, stir-fry bowl and a beer for $10. Just looking to drink and dodge RBar??? Head around the corner to the Garage Bar (personal favorite) or head a little further down, about 2 blocks, to Park Street complex. There's 3 or 4 bars right there that are a fairly popular bar spot in Columbus. Park Street Patio, Saloon, etc...

Enjoy your time here!

Old
04-08-2011, 09:40 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

I am going to guess that presale was not available because they offered STH $10 tickets again for the last three home games.

Old
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Sabres fan coming in peace.Me and my two friends (1 male, 1 female) will be coming down tomorrow for the game.We'll be in section 201, and don't worry we're not obnoxious (we prefer to drink after the game, where we won't have to spend 8$ on a beer).

I just have a few questions, the tickets we got are some Dispatch Family Pack?What does that include?

And also, what restaurants/bars are good to visit before/after the game?We are all 21ish, so somewhere that would fit our age group.

Thanks in advance.

Closed Thread