HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2005, 07:43 AM
justapantherfan

vCash: 500
Lindros

Ok I am not a big fan of him. If by some chance Mike brought him here what are your guys thoughts on him playing here.

Old
08-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Acadmus

Eric, keep your head uu....nevermind. MEDIC!!!

Old
08-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Hockey-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Eric, keep your head uu....nevermind. MEDIC!!!

....I like that humor, but just one second later you have to think about what a great player he was and still would be if ...yeah if....

As a Rag$-Fan I have to add that his 81game-season with the Rangers wasn´t that bad as his stats would normally show! He played a complete different style from one year to the other and often enough he doesn´t get on the scoreboard cause battling with the opposing D-man in front of the net and cover the goalies view (bad english I know). I cannot remember how often the commentator said "great play by Lindros" and he went pointless.

Old
08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Georgia Panther

Panthers Make Offer To Eric Lindros

From the Edmonton Sun:

"RUMOURS DU JOUR: There are fewer faces left on the unrestricted free-agent map, but a handful may still be on the Oilers' wishlist. Chris Gratton, who was bought out by Colorado, would give the Oilers some size up front. Mark Messier is still up for grabs and Eric Lindros is reportedly weighing offers from Edmonton, Toronto, Florida and Nashville."

Old
08-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey-Freak
....I like that humor, but just one second later you have to think about what a great player he was and still would be if ...yeah if....

As a Rag$-Fan I have to add that his 81game-season with the Rangers wasn´t that bad as his stats would normally show! He played a complete different style from one year to the other and often enough he doesn´t get on the scoreboard cause battling with the opposing D-man in front of the net and cover the goalies view (bad english I know). I cannot remember how often the commentator said "great play by Lindros" and he went pointless.
I think it's because he no longer plays with the reckless abandon that made him a great player and earned him the nickname "the freight train." He realizes he's one knock on the noggin away from needing permanent assistance to brush his remaining teeth, and plays in a way that tries to protect himself from that possibility.

Honestly, even not liking the guy, I recognized he was an incredible talent. Further, legal hits or not, these d-men who line guys up when they know they'll likely injure them (and I still think the Kasparaitis hit was dirty - not that Jellybrains isn't guilty of doing that himself - but the elbow definitely came up under Lindros' jaw after the shoulder hit, and that's what caused the concussion) need to be cracked down on. Ruining a star's career because your belief is "he deserved it for putting his head down" shows you're a cheap player who can't get by on talent. Any hits that focus on a guy's head should be illegal by definition and result in serious suspensions.

Anyway...still don't want him in Florida, unless he comes with an insurance policy that states Philly has to surrender Forsberg to us if anything happens to Lindros. I don't care if Lindros was with the Rangers last...it's Philly's responsibility. They're the ones that had him when he broke...they need to cover any loss due to damage

Old
08-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther
From the Edmonton Sun:

"RUMOURS DU JOUR: There are fewer faces left on the unrestricted free-agent map, but a handful may still be on the Oilers' wishlist. Chris Gratton, who was bought out by Colorado, would give the Oilers some size up front. Mark Messier is still up for grabs and Eric Lindros is reportedly weighing offers from Edmonton, Toronto, Florida and Nashville."
UUUUUhhhhhh....OFFERS from Florida??? IS KEENAN FRIGGIN' NUTS!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, wait, don't answer that.

Old
08-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Dropkick Alex

If the price is right I'll be glad with the signing because I think he needs to go to a less known team and I think he can produce again. But of course if it's for the right price.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Hockey-Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
If the price is right I'll be glad with the signing because I think he needs to go to a less known team and I think he can produce again. But of course if it's for the right price.

Thats the big problem! If he produces (a point per game), he will pay for it with injuries. If he changes his style of play to that of a team supporter like 02/03 he won´t produce enough for the high expectations that usually come along with signing a player called Eric Lindros.

He should retire now so in 20 years everybody will say he was a great player. If he stays for a few seasons in the NHL he could easily end up in a roll chair or something like that and I don´t expect him to put up big numbers for the rest of his career...

Closed Thread