HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL: Part X

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
  #976
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
That is just nonsense.

If we had gone to the net with any fire at all, The Thrashers would have folded. We gave it to them.
No, it's not.

If you watched any of this game, you would have seen that Pavelec made NO ATTEMPT to stop Erik Cole on the second Canes goal.

The Atlanta defenseman on the Canes third goal made a half-assed attempt at swatting a puck while letting Joni Pitaken skate around him like he was a slower version of Marek Malik.

I don't buy any argument that Atlanta wouldn't have cared if the Rangers scored first last night. Why would they have gone into a trap after they went up two then? They played that game to WIN, not for jobs, not for stats, not for themselves, THEY PLAYED THE GAME TO WIN TO HURT THE RANGERS. Where was that fire against a similarily desperate Canes team?

NCRanger is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
  #977
silverfish
Comfortably Numb
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 14,216
vCash: 500
So my girlfriend is a die-hard Sabres fan...I've been too pissed the past two nights now to hang out with her.

Now she's upset that I'm infuriated, and can't enjoy her playoff berth, but I need to be allowed to be miserable dammit



gah! relationships

silverfish is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
  #978
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,831
vCash: 50
Our playoff % on hockeyrodent went from like 93% to 29% in a matter of 3 days.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
  #979
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Stll don't know how going 10-4-1 over the last 15 isn't good enough.

Regardless of WHO they lost to, .700 hockey is on pace to win a conference.
Your picking and choosing your data set. Over the last 10 games both Carolina and Buffalo have better records. That's beside the point because it's an 82 game season.

DoTheBlue is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
  #980
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Rangers/Devils games ALWAYS go to OT/SO

I can just imagine the drama tomorrow.....
crazy thing is the pt coupled with a Canes loss does the trick...........not gonna lie if its tied I'll be saying get into OT and atleast take the lead over the Canes. Then pray TB wins in regulation

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:23 PM
  #981
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
No, it's not.

If you watched any of this game, you would have seen that Pavelec made NO ATTEMPT to stop Erik Cole on the second Canes goal.

The Atlanta defenseman on the Canes third goal made a half-assed attempt at swatting a puck while letting Joni Pitaken skate around him like he was a slower version of Marek Malik.

I don't buy any argument that Atlanta wouldn't have cared if the Rangers scored first last night. Why would they have gone into a trap after they went up two then? They played that game to WIN, not for jobs, not for stats, not for themselves, THEY PLAYED THE GAME TO WIN TO HURT THE RANGERS. Where was that fire against a similarily desperate Canes team?
Oh snap someone finally figured out the giant conspiracy to shut down the Rangers!

Quick, to the bat cave!

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
  #982
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 50
hahaha 9th seed rangers goal differential: +32

10-15 seed goal differential: -30 to -56

fun times.

vladmyir111 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
  #983
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Any anti conspiracy against the NHL not wanting the Rangers in the playoffs is so dumb... NHL needs the Rangers in the playoffs.. and not frigin Carolina..

Abooch68 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
  #984
nyrfan519
Registered User
 
nyrfan519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 797
vCash: 500
Looks like we're gonna have two straight years of this ***t. We really are cursed.

nyrfan519 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:26 PM
  #985
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Any anti conspiracy against the NHL not wanting the Rangers in the playoffs is so dumb... NHL needs the Rangers in the playoffs.. and not frigin Carolina..
No, we CANNOT squash these conspiracy theories, it's comedic gold to me.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM
  #986
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Our playoff % on hockeyrodent went from like 93% to 29% in a matter of 3 days.


EPIC FAIL

Loffen is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM
  #987
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Your picking and choosing your data set. Over the last 10 games both Carolina and Buffalo have better records. That's beside the point because it's an 82 game season.
What Carolina and Buffalo did is immaterial to the conversation. Sure, they played lights out hockey too.

The fact is, the Rangers played well enough USUALLY over this stretch to clinch a spot. That's the point I'm trying to make.

With some games being worth 2 points, and other worth 3, how do we even have a season that has mathematical integrity?

NCRanger is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:30 PM
  #988
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
Oh snap someone finally figured out the giant conspiracy to shut down the Rangers!

Quick, to the bat cave!
Didn't say it was a conspiracy to take down the Rangers, but I have no doubt that the players on the Atlanta Thrashers would much rather see the Carolina Hurricanes in the playoffs than the New York Rangers.

NCRanger is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
  #989
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Didn't say it was a conspiracy to take down the Rangers, but I have no doubt that the players on the Atlanta Thrashers would much rather see the Carolina Hurricanes in the playoffs than the New York Rangers.
Rather pull for a division rival???

I think it has more of a fact that our offense is so inept that when we couldn't score early and ATL did, they were able to lock it down.

I guarantee if ATL would have scored early today they would have attempted to lock it down as well. The only difference is CAR has skilled forwards that actually do what they are paid to do.

New York RKY is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:36 PM
  #990
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
So my girlfriend is a die-hard Sabres fan...I've been too pissed the past two nights now to hang out with her.

Now she's upset that I'm infuriated, and can't enjoy her playoff berth, but I need to be allowed to be miserable dammit



gah! relationships
Go get a happy meal you'll feel better, kiddo.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
  #991
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
We really screwed the pooch this season

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:38 PM
  #992
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Looks like we're gonna have two straight years of this ***t. We really are cursed.
yup we suck

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:40 PM
  #993
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
No, it's not.

If you watched any of this game, you would have seen that Pavelec made NO ATTEMPT to stop Erik Cole on the second Canes goal.

The Atlanta defenseman on the Canes third goal made a half-assed attempt at swatting a puck while letting Joni Pitaken skate around him like he was a slower version of Marek Malik.

I don't buy any argument that Atlanta wouldn't have cared if the Rangers scored first last night. Why would they have gone into a trap after they went up two then? They played that game to WIN, not for jobs, not for stats, not for themselves, THEY PLAYED THE GAME TO WIN TO HURT THE RANGERS. Where was that fire against a similarily desperate Canes team?
To use your own argument, why are the Rangers good one game and awful the next?
The Thrashers are surely capable of that kind of thing.

trilobyte is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:40 PM
  #994
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Go get a happy meal you'll feel better, kiddo.
nicely done my friend

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
  #995
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
To use your own argument, why are the Rangers good one game and awful the next?
The Thrashers are surely capable of that kind of thing.
We needed to be more consistant , it sucks it has to end so poorly seeing as we have been on an amazing run to end the season still gotta have a sliver of hope for us to sneak in though

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
  #996
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Go get a happy meal you'll feel better, kiddo.
When did they start putting alcohol in happy meals?

DoTheBlue is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:42 PM
  #997
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
When did they start putting alcohol in happy meals?
after the government shuts down in an hour

Swept In Seven is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:42 PM
  #998
vladmyir111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Go get a happy meal you'll feel better, kiddo.
Heh when's the last time you were in a relationship? Women get all sorts of retarded over random dumb **** like that all the time ... he's just unlucky she's a hockey fan of an opposing team.

vladmyir111 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
  #999
albator71
Registered User
 
albator71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
What Carolina and Buffalo did is immaterial to the conversation. Sure, they played lights out hockey too.

The fact is, the Rangers played well enough USUALLY over this stretch to clinch a spot. That's the point I'm trying to make.

With some games being worth 2 points, and other worth 3, how do we even have a season that has mathematical integrity?
The NHL should bring back ties, if it's good enough for European soccer the most popular sport on the planet, it's good enough for me.

Or

Take out the loser point, you lose in OT or SO you get 0 pts.

albator71 is offline  
Old
04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
  #1000
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent
 
Swept In Seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country:
Posts: 9,198
vCash: 116
new thread is open we are at 1000

Swept In Seven is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.