HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL: Part X

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 10:45 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
So my girlfriend is a die-hard Sabres fan...I've been too pissed the past two nights now to hang out with her.

Now she's upset that I'm infuriated, and can't enjoy her playoff berth, but I need to be allowed to be miserable dammit

gah! relationships
My wife and her family have been Devil season ticket holders since the franchise moved from Denver. We've been together since December '98. How do you think I feel?

Old
04-08-2011, 10:47 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
The NHL should bring back ties, if it's good enough for European soccer the most popular sport on the planet, it's good enough for me.

Or

Take out the loser point, you lose in OT or SO you get 0 pts.
Go back to having tied games. Be an honourable sport, instead of this tacky attempt at 'drama' that the NHL pushes.

One upside for the Rangers is that they could get rid of EC. Think of the possibilities.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:49 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
The NHL should bring back ties, if it's good enough for European soccer the most popular sport on the planet, it's good enough for me.

Or

Take out the loser point, you lose in OT or SO you get 0 pts.
I agree somewhat.

There's three ways to go, in order of preference.

1. Restore the tie after 5 minutes of 5 v 5 OT. (No loser point.)
2. Go to the 3 point system used in International hockey.
3. Keep the current system and add 2 playoff teams from each conference. (I know this is highly unpopular, but how can anyone justify the Hurricanes being in the playoffs with significant;y fewer wins than the Rangers.)

Old
04-08-2011, 10:54 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
My wife and her family have been Devil season ticket holders since the franchise moved from Denver. We've been together since December '98. How do you think I feel?
What is it with you people and these interfandom marriages. You're all sick.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:57 PM
albator71

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
I agree somewhat.

There's three ways to go, in order of preference.

1. Restore the tie after 5 minutes of 5 v 5 OT. (No loser point.)
2. Go to the 3 point system used in International hockey.
3. Keep the current system and add 2 playoff teams from each conference. (I know this is highly unpopular, but how can anyone justify the Hurricanes being in the playoffs with significant;y fewer wins than the Rangers.)
Me personally I would prefer #1, one 5 minute OT period winner gets 2pts, loser 0 if it stays ties both team have 1 pts.

Old
04-08-2011, 10:57 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Yea, I don't know how you guys do it.

If I ever fell in love with this girl and found out she was a Red Sox fan I would call it off LOL.

04-08-2011, 11:08 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

well thanks to thrashers deciding not to show up against the canes and getting their ***** kicked, we can pretty much kiss the season good bye unless tampa bay beats carolina which with our luck probably wont happen.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:17 PM
NikC

first order of business is the rangers taking care of business against NJ. They need to win to do their part and let the Canes game take care of itself.

The home losses hurt, the injuries, bad powerplay, braindead offense, plus the fact that this team is starving for veteran leadership.

People laughed at me when i said this team needed to make a move for Iginla. He was on the downside of his career. sure was with 42g and 85p! He's exactly what this team needs now and we should've sent MDZ and some other propects and picks for him.

this team choked. youth choked. Torts flopped. down to the last day my friends...

there's always next year.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:19 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
first order of business is the rangers taking care of business against NJ. They need to win to do their part and let the Canes game take care of itself.

The home losses hurt, the injuries, bad powerplay, braindead offense, plus the fact that this team is starving for veteran leadership.

People laughed at me when i said this team needed to make a move for Iginla. He was on the downside of his career. sure was with 42g and 85p! He's exactly what this team needs now and we should've sent MDZ and some other propects and picks for him.

this team choked. youth choked. Torts flopped. down to the last day my friends...

there's always next year.
You have a gigantic mancrush on Iginla like that guy Stepanformayor is crushing hardcore on Stepan.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:30 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
You have a gigantic mancrush on Iginla like that guy Stepanformayor is crushing hardcore on Stepan.
Make that two (and there may be a few more out there). Not saying that a trade for Iggy was best in the long term interest, but it sure is a good illustration of WTF is missing right now from NYR.
Missing the playoffs should be NO suprise.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:30 PM
CM PUNK

what a concept. showing up and whipping a garbage team that was handed to you as a gift by the schedule makers in the 81st game of the season instead of choking and vomiting all over yourself.

carolina deserve playoffs more

Old
04-08-2011, 11:31 PM
ThisYearsModel

Choking at the end of the year 2 straight years is hard to take, for sure.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:31 PM
CM PUNK

this will be the first year ever that rangers, devils and isles all missed the playoffs

Old
04-08-2011, 11:32 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Choking at the end of the year 2 straight years is hard to take, for sure.
not much positive about being a mets fan, but they prepared us well to handle this situation lol

Old
04-08-2011, 11:50 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
ha! not really, just know that a NY hockey team needs a strong hand and player that can lead by example. He's man of strong character and can carry a team.

He's a player in the mold of a Messier and that is what every ranger team needs. Too many distractions for young players. he would be someone for them to look up to. Duby, Cally, and Staal are young leaders. that's not enough.

Besides that, he's still a top producing forward and we hardly have any of them.

Rangers simply have to make some moves for some scoring this offseason, because it's getting ridiculous now.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Make that two (and there may be a few more out there). Not saying that a trade for Iggy was best in the long term interest, but it sure is a good illustration of WTF is missing right now from NYR.
Missing the playoffs should be NO suprise.
thank you. there are some that see that if we had proven veteran talent, we would never have been in the position.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:11 AM
broadwayblue

Good grief. We don't need Iginla. He's a great player but he makes Brad Richards look young.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
this will be the first year ever that rangers, devils and isles all missed the playoffs
Wow, this is a fact. The last time (of two) that both the Devils & Islanders missed the playoffs in the same season was 1995-96, however, never all three. History will be made.

Old
04-09-2011, 01:36 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Wow, this is a fact. The last time (of two) that both the Devils & Islanders missed the playoffs in the same season was 1995-96, however, never all three. History will be made.
Another golden opportunity for the NHL to get media attention will go down the drain if all three teams from this area miss it. I'm prepared for this already; the Giants prepared me as being a very good team that had one or two bad moments and missed the playoffs.

Watch the Canes go to the ECFs now.

Still; one day...believe something will work in the Rangers favor.

Old
04-09-2011, 01:42 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Another golden opportunity for the NHL to get media attention will go down the drain if all three teams from this area miss it. I'm prepared for this already; the Giants prepared me as being a very good team that had one or two bad moments and missed the playoffs.

Watch the Canes go to the ECFs now.

Still; one day...believe something will work in the Rangers favor.
But this was really never our year. Next season should be a bit better. The year after that we'll have a legitimate shot. Not saying we're winning it all...but we'll be closer. It will be unfortunate if they come so close and miss the dance again...but I think many of us felt our chances were really no better than 50/50 going in. That we're still 50/50 on the last day of the season is not so unexpected to me anyway. Certainly I'll be disappointed to have the season end when it looked like we just might get to play a round. But I'm optimistic for the future.

Old
04-09-2011, 03:18 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

hoping Calgary wins. that will guarantee us a better draft position.

Old
04-09-2011, 07:52 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Truly pathetic that not a single team helped the Rangers out along the way.

Even more amazing is that had the Carolina-Buffalo game ended with a regulation-time winner, the Rangers would be able to clinch today.

Old
04-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Melrose_Jr.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=901014

Closed Thread