HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part XI "Around The Playoffs Edition" (Year of The Comeback)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Captain Monglobster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
OK, I just talked to a buddy of mine and we figured out exactly how the Rangers will disappoint us this time. They will win tomorrow. But then Carolina and Tampa Bay are going to go to a shootout. This time instead of Olli Jokinen blowing it for the Rangers, Jussi Jokinen is going to score the last shootout goal for Carolina, winning them the game. So for two years in a row, the Rangers will have been eliminated on the last game of the season in a shootout because of a guy named Jokinen.
I swear to god this is exactly what will happen.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:06 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
OK, I just talked to a buddy of mine and we figured out exactly how the Rangers will disappoint us this time. They will win tomorrow. But then Carolina and Tampa Bay are going to go to a shootout. This time instead of Olli Jokinen blowing it for the Rangers, Jussi Jokinen is going to score the last shootout goal for Carolina, winning them the game. So for two years in a row, the Rangers will have been eliminated on the last game of the season in a shootout because of a guy named Jokinen.
If this is actually what happens, I will be the least upset out of any other bad scenario, just because this was posted.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
You would think so, and yes, in the short-term the Rangers would draw better ratings, but that's now how you a run a business. You don't look at right now, you look at the future. Carolina winning and being in the playoffs will generate more new fans in an obscure hockey market. New York is probably as big as it's going to get (give or take) and isn't going to shrink much either if they miss again. Let's be honest we'll all be back here next year in the pre-season with smiles on our face ready to watch the same failure all over again.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy but having small markets in the playoffs is good for the league in the long-term. If small markets keep losing and losing and bottom feed every season they will never grow.

With Skinner in Carolina they can promote him as the future face of the franchise, probably a Calder winner soon. While he is no Sidney Crosby, we all saw what a fresh face and a winning franchise can do for a fanbase.
What a joke. Carolina has won a cup. If they don't have a fanbase yet then they don't deserve a team.

Old
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

If Hawks make it to playoffs and face Canucks we might have a suprise for them a few games into series

Dave Bolland started skating today. If he comes back he is dominant vs Sedin's

He gets under there skin and plays them probably better then any C in NHL

Old
04-09-2011, 12:00 AM
darko

Come on Tampa, you can do it.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
What a joke. Carolina has won a cup. If they don't have a fanbase yet then they don't deserve a team.
Not saying I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement and the NHL knows that.

They don't want anymore Phoenix, or soon to be Atlanta debacles.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:46 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post

During the off season we need to acquire a legitimate first line center (no, not Stepan, a legitimate star center), a legitimate offensive puck moving defense man at least Streit caliber (and no, not Del Zotto), and another legitimate top-6 forward. The only legitimate top-6 talent we have are Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan and Prospal (and Prospal will be 37 next year). We need at least another two high quality forwards, one being a star center.

It's easy. The Rangers need to find a way to get both Brad Richards and Christian Erhoff on board. If they can't get Erhoff, then Joni Pitkannen as these peeps will redefine the PP. The money will come from hopefully Redden leaving for Europe, Drury retiring or being bought out, and a combo of Christensen/Avery/Boogard/Wolski being dealt or sent to Hartford. I don't know how much Feds has left but if they need another grinder, Joel Ward from Nashville would be perfect on the Boyle line.

All this and add Hagelin, maybe Christian Thomas and/or Roman Horak, and let MDZ-Valetenko-Pashnian-McLIrath-Kundratek fight it out for the 3rd pairing with Pitkannen or Erhoff along with maybe Dougie Hamilton if he's drafted?

Old
04-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
If Hawks make it to playoffs and face Canucks we might have a suprise for them a few games into series

Dave Bolland started skating today. If he comes back he is dominant vs Sedin's

He gets under there skin and plays them probably better then any C in NHL
Wait what? Did you post this in the right thread?

Old
04-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Abooch68

If any of you think Tampa is gonna beat the canes your kidding yourselves.. They don't have anything to play for and aren't gonna risk injury to do what it takes to win..

Old
04-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
If any of you think Tampa is gonna beat the canes your kidding yourselves.. They don't have anything to play for and aren't gonna risk injury to do what it takes to win..
They're also apparently going to rest many of the top players. Malone and Hedman are confirmed out, with the possibility of St. Louis, Stamkos and more sitting as well.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:57 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Yeah, they've got nothing to play for. I'd rest my guys if I were them.

Old
04-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

only good part of this game was watching a friend of mine sing rock you like a hurricane on the jumbotron. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old
04-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Wait what? Did you post this in the right thread?
Thought this was a playoff talk thread?

I post over on your boards at various times ,, Several of your posters know me well

Thought this was general playoff talk and that West talk is in it as well

Old
04-09-2011, 01:27 AM
free0717

I try not to be negative. But it is hard not to be. The Canes are gonna roll tomorrow nite. Tampa is locked into the 5 seed. Players will be rested and the rest of the team is going to take an exhale meanwhile the Canes are gonna come with there A game. Ward has two shutouts in a row. Season Over. We had a lot of positives this year. Finally got younger and we have a core group. Other than Valentenko, I don't see anyone with the Pack making the team next year. Grachev needs another year. Christian Thomas and Carl Hagelin have a chance to make the Rangers. But I believe Thomas goes back to Oshawa and Hagelin will start the year with the Pack. I am suprised we didn't sign Werek yet. He has shown enough to earn a ELC. Werek is not ready yet. Neither is Bourque. Kreider will stay in school. McIlrath will go back to Moose Jaw. I hope we don't sign Brad Richards. I really feel this guy has alot of Mileage and he will get a 5 year deal. Stay the course. Get younger. Sign a couple of vets who will play on one year contracts. No A level Free Agents. Sign McCabe.

If Drury doesn't retire, keep him and let him play out his last year. Hopefully the new CBA will have free buyouts and we could get Redden, Booguard off our books.

I think our year to shine is 2012-13.

Old
04-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 1500
I'm just wondering how awkward it will be during the Blueshirts Off Our Back Ceremony if we lose the game. Hopefully we'll never know..

04-09-2011, 02:21 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Canucks fan here and I think the rangers need to make the playoffs they deserve it.. Feel bad for you guys in this situation seems like you can't get any breaks *ahem Chicago*, and some bs calls against you during the season...

Old
04-09-2011, 02:56 AM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

It really comes down to all the missed open nets and posts that we hit in one goal losses. How many points did we leave on the table because of this?

Old
04-09-2011, 03:24 AM
Chain Attack

Tampa has won 6 of their last 7 hockey games. They beat Chicago in Chicago on the second half of a back to back when they didn't need the points and Chicago did. Carolina might still win anyway, but Tampa ain't gonna lay down like Atlanta did. Believe that.

Old
04-09-2011, 07:29 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

You know, if the Tampa coaching staff pays attention to detail (and I assume they do), the main reason (and probably only reason) why a Tampa win would help them is if they play Detroit in the SCF.

If Detroit loses and Tampa wins, Tampa would get home ice for that series. Granted, it's a long shot, but certainly not far fetched.

So if I'm Guy Boucher, I ask my guys, "You want Game 7 of the SCF at home or on the road)

Considering how Marty and Vinny already experienced a SCF Game 7, I would say they wont let their guys slack off one bit.

Go Tampa.

I know guys. I'm sounding desperate. What else is there to do at this point?

Old
04-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Tampa doesnt wanna play like crap going into the playoffs either. Therefore, with Carolina so desperate they will beat Tampa.

Old
04-09-2011, 08:32 AM
WeWillWinTonight

Dec 20, 2010 Tampa wins 5 - 1
Jan 15, 2011 Carolina wins 6 - 4
Feb 12, 2011 Tampa wins 4 - 3
Mar 25, 2011 Carolina wins 4 - 3
Mar 26, 2011 Tampa wins 4 - 2
Apr 9, 2011 Let's hope that this pattern does not continue.......

Old
04-09-2011, 09:21 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I'm just wondering how awkward it will be during the Blueshirts Off Our Back Ceremony if we lose the game. Hopefully we'll never know..
Oh man, I can only imagine.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
azrok22

Quote:
mirtle James Mirtle

Unfortunate news: Lightning assistant coach Wayne Fleming has been diagnosed as having a primary brain tumor.
Sad news for Tampa.

Win it for Fleming.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:17 AM
AJRanger

ice_chip
No lineup changes for Bolts

Good news, I guess.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Shrimper