HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Not to marginalize...

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 04:06 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Not to marginalize...

or accept the recent crappiness of the Rangers, but I'd once again point out that only two games have elapsed. Look at Buffalo...two games, zero goals, and they beat Dallas last night by scoring 4 goals. So personally, I am cautiously optimistic at the current moment, not ready to declare this team Stanley Cup contenders, but also not ready to declare them the worst team in the league. This team has a bit of depth, if Sather chooses to use it, and thus has options (guys like Keefe, or even Scott, Murray, Moore (when healthy), Tjutin, or an increased role for Barnaby, changed role for Lundmark, sitting Malakhov and/or Krispy Kreme (mmmm, donut-y).

OK, if I saw the first two games I may be singing a different tune (and in all likelihood will miss the next game), I believe this team is still adjusting. They're first off adjusting to a system, whereas previously there wasn't one. Each line and defense pairing is adjusting to each other (yeah, that's what preseason's for, but it still takes time). And of course, Sather needs to figure out a way to keep the shorthanded opportunities to a minimum of 10.

That's it from me, and to give credibility to all I've said, I'm not wasting my time on watching any game until they at least win one.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:11 AM
True Blue

Fletch, while I agree that is is only 2 games and things CAN turn around in a hurry, however this team of ours has not given us much reason to think that they are capable of it. 2 things that frighten me are the fact that the past 6 years show that the team is w/o a backbone and collapse when challenged. And that Sather is either unable or unwilling to make changes that threated the playing time of vets.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
2 games is just that, 2 games. I'm not willing to jump ship just yet. I want to see how they react to the upcoming homestand. At this point I almost agree with Sather that it's too soon to start juggling lines and calling up players from Hartford. However, ask me this again in 2 weeks.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Look at Buffalo...two games, zero goals, and they beat Dallas last night by scoring 4 goals.
I caught the last period of that game only to see the Sabe's pull quite a Ranger-esque meltdown, giving up 2 goals, nearly 3 to tie it if not for a ridiculous save by Biron late.

It wouldn't really matter to me if the Rangers come back with a win on Thursday. I was relatively encouraged following the last 2 preseason games too. They can obviously out together a decent effort, they just can't do it consistently.

Closed Thread