Notices

The Quick GDT - Wild @ Oilers - KSTC - 8PM CST

Old
04-08-2011, 11:42 PM
youvegotit*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
god if the oilers can just pull it together they'd kill next year. this will be the third year in a row i've said that, i think.
I think they'll be just a bad next year.

youvegotit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:43 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I think were locked in either way now since Columbus and Atlanta lost.
Columbus and New Jersey still had a chance of overtaking the Wild prior to the 2 points.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:44 PM
youvegotit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Bruno's last goal?

An empty netter no less. Locking into 9th or worse come lottery time. Let's lose tomorrow.
Yep 9 to 11th come draft time, unless we win the lotto

youvegotit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Yeah, 2points we don't want! Woohoo! Partytime!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
god if the oilers can just pull it together they'd kill next year. this will be the third year in a row i've said that, i think.
Seriously. I think if they can get some vets for calm the young guys through the ups and downs of the season they should start doing pretty well. (I suppose not having over half there team injured would certainly help too).

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:10 AM
State of Hockey

The NHL.com boxscore is all messed up tonight. It had the wild on a continuous PP from about the MacIntyre incident and on. Burns had over 22 minutes of PP time. What a leech.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:08 AM
GoOilers

Quote:
wow. that was a biiiiig missile that hit stabby.
that wasn't a fight if staubitz gloves never made it off. not like he had a chance.
You would not have seen it but on the Oilers broadcast I thought one of the color guys raised a good point.

When J.F Jacques hit one of the Wild players, Staubitz immediately came over, challenged Jacques and Jacques obliged, and they went at it.

When Staubitz hit an Oiler, Macintyre came out and Staubitz turtles like there was no tomorrow.

Watch the replay, his gloves did not come off because they were over his face the whole time trying to cover up as much as he could.

If you are going to hand it out, you have to be able to take it.

If you are going to lay out the big hit, you better stand up and take what is coming to you, especially if the same scenario happened earlier , and the other player stood up and paid the price.

Thoughts??

How about if Jacques turtles, and the Oilers get a 7 minute powerplay?

GoOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:22 AM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOilers View Post
You would not have seen it but on the Oilers broadcast I thought one of the color guys raised a good point.

When J.F Jacques hit one of the Wild players, Staubitz immediately came over, challenged Jacques and Jacques obliged, and they went at it.

When Staubitz hit an Oiler, Macintyre came out and Staubitz turtles like there was no tomorrow.

Watch the replay, his gloves did not come off because they were over his face the whole time trying to cover up as much as he could.

If you are going to lay out the big hit, you better stand up and take what is coming to you, especially if the same scenario happened earlier , and the other player stood up and paid the price.

Thoughts??

The diference is that Staubitz challenged Jacques and Jacques obliged. Macintyre came out of nowhere and had his gloves off and was throwing punches before staubitz even knew what was going on. I dont have a problem with the Oilers making staubitz "answer the bell" but i do have a problem with how Macintyre went about it.

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Did anyone see the "Should Clutterbuck be suspended" thread in the polls section?

EDIT: Yes I'm well aware it's an Oilers fan who created the poll but still, seriously? Not to mention, Clutterbuck = Matt Cooke

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:43 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Missed all of the game. Yay! Winning!

As for Clutter, don't care if he's suspended either way. I don't think he should be but at this point in the season, meh. Glad it was Peckham, though.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOilers View Post

Thoughts??

i was watching the oilers broadcast. i've seen the clip posted all over the place-here-Hockeyfights, etc.--and i've yet to see anything like that happening. Listening to your broadcast duo say that there was no high stick on Kobasew (when clearly there was, and he was bleeding) doesn't encourage me to take their word for it.

FWIW i'm not claiming that Staubitz would have accepted the challenge...I'm just saying he didn't give him a chance. The high horse isn't really appreciated, either, since we went through years of Boogaard challenging anyone and everyone from the Oilers with no-goes. I know how frustrating it is--I don't fault MacIntyre at all. In fact, I can't tell you how many times I wished Boogaard would have just said screw it and shot in and grabbed someone like that in similar circumstances.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:14 PM
LemaireisGOD

My post-mortem...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...s-the-oil.html

I loved the effort in the 3rd period and that is how good teams finish a game by increasing their intensity and giving their opponents little to nothing to build with instead of sitting back and playing rope-a-dope. Drew Bagnall was a bit shaky with the puck but I like his physicality. Certainly in the area near the crease he was most welcome even if when he knocked a guy down the player then bumped into Theo.

There is a NCAA Final preview and prediction, as well as WHL playoffs update. Enjoy!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:00 PM
North Metro Peewees

This organization is stuck in neutral because of ridiculous end-of-the season points like last night. I mean come on...last year you screwed up the chance to take Skinner by grabbing points at the end and my guess is this year will now be the same.

I've been calculating, looking at other teams schedules and hoping, praying Atlanta, Columbus and NJ would catch and pass the Wild and now we all get to be worried they will muster the effort on Sunday to beat Dallas and then pass other teams ahead of them.

I have season tickets and will be there tomorrow but want more than anything for them to not win that bleepin' game! If this club passes St. Louis and Toronto it will be a complete and utter disaster and ultimately their cutting their own throats because they will be stuck in this position and at some point will need to take even bigger steps back in order to get high picks and completely start over which means bad hockey 2 or 3 years in a row.

Either way this hanging around the low end of the middle of the pack sucks!

One last point; I firmly believe Koivu is definitely a top center on a good team but that contract without more in the way of offense will strangle this team much in the way Backstrom's contract is doing right now. If they can't improve this team through trades or by some miracle have someone who unexpectedly falls to them in the draft this club may be in full re-build mode as early as mid-December.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Honestly I know I've been on the tank bandwagon, but I'll trade moving down a spot for sweeping the Oilers this season. I think it's important that we have a little pride going into next year and I think our play against them this season establishes the idea that we can be a dominant team and, possibly more importantly, suggests we might actually grow into having a real division rival for the first time in our history.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
grN1g

its not that i agree with tanking, but the draft is in MN, and like who ever said above, we were 1 or 2 spots away from 30 goals jeff skinner. Not to say he would have had the same success, but you get my point.

we had already been on a bad losing streak, should have just lossed all if them.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Dee Oh Cee

It's insulting to ask professionals to lose on purpose.

Dee Oh Cee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Here's the poll.

Not surprising to see those who voted for "yes" are either Oilers or Canucks fans.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote