HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #82 vs. New Jersey Devils

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #82 vs. New Jersey Devils
Chris Drury 50 48.54%
Brandon Dubinsky 4 3.88%
Dan Girardi 2 1.94%
Henrik Lundqvist 3 2.91%
Ryan McDonagh 31 30.10%
Vaclav Prospal 7 6.80%
Brandon Prust 1 0.97%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.94%
Wojtek Wolski 0 0%
Other 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-09-2011, 03:09 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Nothing we can do at this point but to wait and hope the Lightning win tonight.

Even so--the Rangers team this year have been a pleasure to watch and root for. Overall the team worked really hard this year and fought through a lot of injuries and a lot of the kids--those with experience and the rookies as well came up big for us and have bright futures. Though not making the playoffs will be disappointing I'm not disappointed at all in this year's Rangers team.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
Should've heard some boos at the end. Sure they played well today, but last game was a joke. Blueshirts off our backs is nice though.
No need to boo. They were rightfully booed last game. Today they did their job.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I voted for Drury, not just for the goal and what he brought on the ice, but also his calmness that he brought to this team that was VERY nervous against atlanta that lead to bad a game...

I said after that game that Drury would dress today even if he did not step foot on the ice he would bring some calmness to a team that is very nervous. And he did it with a game tying goal early in the first in a hard skating manner.

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'm glad they didn't let the Devils end their season thanks Fatso! It is what it is, everyone around at the game started in on the Let's go Lightning chant.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:14 PM
OverTheCap

Drury get the POTG for me. Coming back from a horrible injury-riddled year and scores a clutch goal in vintage Drury style. He also won some faceoffs and was noticeable on the ice. He looked like his old self today. Those hoping he will retire will be disappointed, I think. The Rangers will have a hard decision to make if they are considering buying him out.

Everyone played well today, other than some bad shifts in the first period. Dubinsky was a physical monster and was generating offense, Lundqvist shut the door after the Kovy goal, McD sniped his first goal, Prust rewarded for his effort once again, etc. The only disappointment was that Kovalchuk was a beast and is such a threat whenever he's on the ice, and I wish I could say the same for Gabby.

I'm proud of this team this year. They played well despite the injuries and growing pains.

Before the season started, I said "If the Rangers play hard night in and night out, I won't even care if they miss the playoffs." That still rings true right now. This team worked a thousand times harder than they did a season ago or the season before that. The youth and inexperience were frustrating at times but this was an exciting and enjoyable team to watch. Thanks, Rangers.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

I think it is BS that we have 44 wins a +35 goal differential, and have looked great, and a team that has 40 wins, and 41 losses can get into the playoffs with a win tonight.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:18 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
I think it is BS that we have 44 wins a +35 goal differential, and have looked great, and a team that has 40 wins, and 41 losses can get into the playoffs with a win tonight.
I hope you've never complained about the shootout deciding games then.

The problem lies in the NHL's points system. Rather than certain games being worth 3 points and others worth 2, every game should be worth 3. A regulation win gets you three points, an OTW gets you 2, and an OTL gets you 1. It would eliminate the need for the first ROW tiebreaker and allow head-to-head to be the first one, as it should be.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:20 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

The New York Rangers are......

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:20 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
Should've heard some boos at the end. Sure they played well today, but last game was a joke. Blueshirts off our backs is nice though.
.......wow this one post sums up so much of what is wrong with certain fans it's not even funny.

Great great game. Great season. Very enjoyable. As a fan of professional sports this team was just a huge joy to watch in wins and even many losses. As a fan of hockey seeing this group bust ass night in and out brought pride. As a ranger fan seeing the glimpse of our future I can say I'm more excited than ever. This season has been like a peak through the christmas presents.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:22 PM
3Four3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post

The problem lies in the NHL's points system. Rather than certain games being worth 3 points and others worth 2, every game should be worth 3. A regulation win gets you three points, an OTW gets you 2, and an OTL gets you 1. It would eliminate the need for the first ROW tiebreaker and allow head-to-head to be the first one, as it should be.
In such a system, the Canes would still be ahead of the Rangers if they were to win against the Lightning.

Guess by how many points we would miss the playoffs?

3Four3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
In such a system, the Canes would still be ahead of the Rangers if they were to win against the Lightning.

Guess by how many points we would miss the playoffs?
What's your point? I'm saying that's the fairest way to determine it, not that I wish it was the case this year.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:24 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Before the season started, I said "If the Rangers play hard night in and night out, I won't even care if they miss the playoffs." That still rings true right now. This team worked a thousand times harder than they did a season ago or the season before that. The youth and inexperience were frustrating at times but this was an exciting and enjoyable team to watch. Thanks, Rangers.
Well said. Whatever happens this team can keep its head up high - they had a decent amount of adversity and ground it out on a nightly basis. With a few exceptions a joy to watch for 82 games.

04-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Voted vinnie, he pulled through...

The Redden for this one is the one guy on the GDT that tried to chew my arse of for pointing out that mza only had played a little over 3 minutes in the first 40 and that I hoped to see him more in the final 20...

It makes me *** sad that we're not allowed to have favorite players, even if you know the player and want him to stay on the team...

Oh yeah...I'm such a fan of ONE freakin player that I'm going to watch the game later tonight pulling the left of my hair out..At 1 AM local time..It WON'T be the first time I've sacrificed sleep for Ranger games, won't be the last one either..

Also a redden for this game is Gaborik, the effort just wasn't there most of the game..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Deric

Prospal is gonna go watch the Masters now lol.

Deric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
.......wow this one post sums up so much of what is wrong with certain fans it's not even funny.

Great great game. Great season. Very enjoyable. As a fan of professional sports this team was just a huge joy to watch in wins and even many losses. As a fan of hockey seeing this group bust ass night in and out brought pride. As a ranger fan seeing the glimpse of our future I can say I'm more excited than ever. This season has been like a peak through the christmas presents.
Calling the entire season great is stretching it. January through February to March was abysmal.

A great season ends with them comfortably in a PO position. Not praying to the hockey gods for another team to win.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:34 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
that right there is the redden. In fact I would say that right there is the season redden award.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 04-09-2011 at 03:40 PM.
truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:46 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post

Febuary was the worst month of hockey I've seen from this team since the Dark Years.

05-06 Rangers were more fun to watch than this years team, IMO. That team gave everything they had, every night. This team still brought garbage to the ice weekly.

Our teams are getting better though.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:47 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Torts says he was frustrated in how a team can have 44 and the other have 41 and you don't make it. He seemed like he was holding back on really bashing the system.

Leetch agreed with him, saying that they put in the shootout in order to have some finality and such and now they say that it doesn't count for a tiebreaker.

Anyway, we're either in the playoffs or the first victims of the new tiebreaker rule.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:48 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: So if this were last season, Rangers would have already clinched playoff berth now. But new ROW tiebreaker changes everything for them.

RT @Russostrib: @Real_ESPNLeBrun funny because last season not winning a shootout killed em. now they've won too many

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:52 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Torts says he was frustrated in how a team can have 44 and the other have 41 and you don't make it. He seemed like he was holding back on really bashing the system.

Leetch agreed with him, saying that they put in the shootout in order to have some finality and such and now they say that it doesn't count for a tiebreaker.
They are right, a win should count as a win no matter how you get it.
What's next gwg that are deflected off a dman won't count towards wins? Seriously if the shootout is such an abomination then get rid of it all together.

Old
04-09-2011, 03:52 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Drury get the POTG for me. Coming back from a horrible injury-riddled year and scores a clutch goal in vintage Drury style. He also won some faceoffs and was noticeable on the ice. He looked like his old self today. Those hoping he will retire will be disappointed, I think. The Rangers will have a hard decision to make if they are considering buying him out.

Everyone played well today, other than some bad shifts in the first period. Dubinsky was a physical monster and was generating offense, Lundqvist shut the door after the Kovy goal, McD sniped his first goal, Prust rewarded for his effort once again, etc. The only disappointment was that Kovalchuk was a beast and is such a threat whenever he's on the ice, and I wish I could say the same for Gabby.

I'm proud of this team this year. They played well despite the injuries and growing pains.

Well said. I like a lot of what developed this season. This team exceeded my expectations, especially with the year they got from Gaborik. Hell, go back to some of the pre-season predictions. I expected down years from both Prospal and Drury, but, not to where either player ended up. And, this team still can make the playoffs. So many good things...the assumption of leadership by Callahan, Dubinsky and Staal, the development of Anisimov, the arrival of Stepan, Sauer and McDonagh, the surprise production of Boyle and Prust...that's contributions from quite a few good young players. I think there's a lot to build on from this season.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post

IF you use shootouts to decide a game, and give a team a point in the regular season, and it counts as 2 points, it should count as a win.

I do think that it should just be you win you get 2, you lose you get 0.

Old
04-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: So if this were last season, Rangers would have already clinched playoff berth now. But new ROW tiebreaker changes everything for them.

RT @Russostrib: @Real_ESPNLeBrun funny because last season not winning a shootout killed em. now they've won too many
aint that a slap in the face

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

I don't think a team has ever had 44 wins in the East and not gotten in.

After the last 2 seasons, Ranger fans have to be bitter with shootouts.

Old
04-09-2011, 04:00 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
IF you use shootouts to decide a game, and give a team a point in the regular season, and it counts as 2 points, it should count as a win.
Exactly.
Imagine the NFL saying a field goal in OT doesn't count as a win?