HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Ducks - 04/08/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
Yeah, I've got to say, Clifford may not be the most talented of our players, but his play is definitely making him a fan favorite. I'm not sure Doughty and Kopistar are my favorite kings anymore. Kid just plays an awesome brand of hockey.
Lately you can literally see him developing into an NHL power forward.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:45 PM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
"I like you, you make me laugh"

-Mr Sakamoto
best. reference. ever..

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:50 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
By the way, Clifford is a stud. See what he did to Jason Blake after he wacked Quick, how many years have we waited for a player to actually be a bad ass in the crease....It's been years, OD did it in the old days and so did McSorley, but a player that played significant minutes and held the other team accountable...I can't remember the last time.
simmonds?

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM
winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilburyRuinedMyLife View Post
I just got aggravated by the ignorance and posted this on the Isles' board in response to the Haiti/curling comparison...thought I'd share:
I actually really like and appreciate your spirited and good defense. I think what may actually be lacking is a large/serious fan base for the Kings and not hockey in general. Maybe Kings fans are not all stupid and rah rah rah and beating people to pulps after the games or something [like at some other sports games in LA] ??

Anyway, if you go to just about any sports bar in LA they are showing more golf than hockey. And the hockey fans that I have met in LA bars are not Kings fans- not even one. And the only King that anyone knows by name is Simmonds. So yea, I think SoCal NHL teams need to do better local/feet-on-the-street marketing of their own teams. LA just has more going on than hockey that competes for attention - unlike many other backwaters. Just putting up nice looking billboards in an attempt to brand the identities of certain players ain't gonna cut it.

BTW, from a marketing perspective, if the Kings ever think of trading Simmonds they are done stupid [a fact that I'm sure is not wasted on Simmonds].

Last edited by winning: 04-09-2011 at 04:33 PM.
winning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:39 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

My major disappointment in last night's game was the team's ability to finish. Simmonds all alone in front with a chance to make it 2-0 in the 1st period, multiple turnovers by the Ducks right in the slot in their own zone near the end of the 2nd period and the Kings can't bury one to go up 2-1.

Maybe guys are just gripping the stick too tight right now. Ellis was certainly nothing special.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
My major disappointment in last night's game was the team's ability to finish.
3 years of no finish, brother. We are like a badly fermented wine. Still, I love the D and goaltending and just need some players to get hot...or in Penner's case, wake the **** up.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote