HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #82 vs. New Jersey Devils

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #82 vs. New Jersey Devils
Chris Drury 50 48.54%
Brandon Dubinsky 4 3.88%
Dan Girardi 2 1.94%
Henrik Lundqvist 3 2.91%
Ryan McDonagh 31 30.10%
Vaclav Prospal 7 6.80%
Brandon Prust 1 0.97%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.94%
Wojtek Wolski 0 0%
Other 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

vCash: 500
I thought we'd lay down today. I was wrong, we showed heart. Flame away

44 > 41 first of all, and a win is a win, a loss is a loss. And I always felt this way, so it's not just because of the Rangers.

No matter what I honestly feel we deserved it. I'm not going to dwell on it if we don't get in. I'm going to man up and just enjoy the playoffs. But I think we deserve it.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

And another thing, that Drury goal made me feel good. It's that kinda fairy tale **** that happens on a special day. Let's hope it's happily ever after.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:07 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Calling the entire season great is stretching it. January through February to March was abysmal.

A great season ends with them comfortably in a PO position. Not praying to the hockey gods for another team to win.
K so do I say great April oct etc? Jesus. great overall. You can agree or disagree. It was great for me. I say this based on my expectations coming in too

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:11 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
Febuary was the worst month of hockey I've seen from this team since the Dark Years.

05-06 Rangers were more fun to watch than this years team, IMO. That team gave everything they had, every night. This team still brought garbage to the ice weekly.

Our teams are getting better though.
They really didn't bring garbage weekly and much like 05 they were overacheivers to me this year. We had a 6 game losing streak in Feb where we barely lost most games. We weren;t blown out almost ever so to say it was the worst hockey...sounds more like sour grapes we didn't pull out the victories and bitterness we may be out of the PO than a fair evaluation of this season

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Tawnos

If the Rangers don't make it in, I just want to say that starting March in a playoff position and going 11-6-1 in that time and losing out just shows you how well Buffalo and Carolina really played.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:26 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
If the Rangers don't make it in, I just want to say that starting March in a playoff position and going 11-6-1 in that time and losing out just shows you how well Buffalo and Carolina really played.
Agree, and it is something that Ranger fans should keep in mind. It isn't like the team crapped the bed and played themselves out of a playoff spot, the other teams just played as well.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:28 PM
darko

Quote:

Agree. Canes and Sabres played extremely well down the stretch. Devils were white hot until 5-6 games left. Even Leafs played reasonably well. Playoffs or not, I'm proud of this team.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Loffen
Legend

Me right now.

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
And also shows how unlucky we are to be Rangers fans lol

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:34 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

I didn't see the game but my friend said Drury played a great game. I'm happy for him, it's been a really rough season.

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Ola

Analyse: NJD play a % game, and just do not have the personel for it at this point. They gave away a lot of scoring chances, their blueline was pretty strong there for a while but without White and Volechenko, their D's overally are too weak. After like 15 minutes when they still held up one started to think "how on earth are you going to get scoring chances against this team?" like usual against NJD, but then we started to get odd-man rushes on a regular basis et c.

The good: McD/WW/Drury. We got a good showing from all three, which promise more for the future if there is a future.

The bad: Zucc. You know, he was in a slump before getting sent down. But kids get into slumps. I think Stepan has slumped a lot this season too, but it haven't been covered much. I kind of expected that Zucc go in there and play at the level he did for a month and a half ago, when he in several games were one, if not the, best forwards on this team. In some games he was the only one who created anything et c. He ran the PP. I got a breather, he got a mental break -- and I thought that was enough. I also thought that the biggest factor behind his demotion was the pretty weak environment he was in, along with the fact that we didn't have a better environment to offer him with Gabby and Cally taking up the top 2 RW spots.

But I gotta admit, he really looks worn out. He skates slower. He is in a hurry to get off ice to not get into trouble et c. Its only one game, but it seems like the kid needs a summer.

The Redden: I was hoping that we wouldn't miss Callahan all that much, I think we miss him more then anyone could have expected. At this point of the season a team isn't better then its weakest link, and for a while there we had a really strong chain but lacked that top notch offensive punch, which we could had gotten if only Gabby got going. But now without Cally, its like that chain is starting to fall apart too...

Last edited by Ola: 04-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:47 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Nothing we can do at this point but to wait and hope the Lightning win tonight.

Even so--the Rangers team this year have been a pleasure to watch and root for. Overall the team worked really hard this year and fought through a lot of injuries and a lot of the kids--those with experience and the rookies as well came up big for us and have bright futures. Though not making the playoffs will be disappointing I'm not disappointed at all in this year's Rangers team.
exactly. I will be disappointed if the rangers dont make the playoffs, but not disappointed in the rangers. **** happens. this team is and will be a pleasure to root-for for years.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Just have to ask, but why does so many people vote Drury? I know its great getting him back and yes, he scored the important first goal. But he only played 7-8 minutes and didnt really do that much besides that goal

Last edited by Hellion: 04-09-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Ice Hockey

Fedotenko gets my vote!

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:06 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Just have to ask, but why does so many people vote Drury? I know its great getting him back and yes, he scored the important first goal. But he only played 7-8 minutes and didnt really do that much besides that goal
One word, four syllables : intangibles

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:07 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
Fedotenko gets my vote!
Feds had a phenomenal game.

04-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Link to Tortarella postgame:
http://video.rangers.nhl.com/videoce...=765&id=107516

Summary: Praises Drury, Says the team had it in their control and blew it, Bashes the league for not having shootout wins count as regular wins. Thinks it was a positive season regardless of playoffs or not

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Loffen
Legend

McD's 1st NHL Goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQuoRSusEgs

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
One word, four syllables : intangibles
Hehe, I dunno..
I hear you on the fact that his goal made a difference, but to be honest I think we would have won this game one way or another.
In my mind a guy like Feds is the hero though. Almost invisable as usual, but what he stands for is what has made our season. Hard work on every play, no glamour or glitter, just blood and sweat

Old
04-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

As Elias said of Prospal (who he had words with during game) : "He's a whiner. Next year, I'll give him some cheese with his whine."

Old
04-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Huge update on the front page. Youtube of players/Torts postgame, quotes from Carp, etc.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Huge update on the front page. Youtube of players/Torts postgame, quotes from Carp, etc.
Been a long season and you've done some great work in this thread. Just want to thank you for all the effort you've put in this year. Let's hope we have at least a few more of these but if not, just another thing to look forward to next season.

Old
04-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Been a long season and you've done some great work in this thread. Just want to thank you for all the effort you've put in this year. Let's hope we have at least a few more of these but if not, just another thing to look forward to next season.
Agreed!
Thanks!

Old
04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Exactly.
Imagine the NFL saying a field goal in OT doesn't count as a win?
sarcasm, right?

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 04:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
As Elias said of Prospal (who he had words with during game) : "He's a whiner. Next year, I'll give him some cheese with his whine."
You should be worried more about how ****** your start to THIS season was before worrying about how Vinny P. schooled you, Patty.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote