HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jiri Hudler

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

vCash: 500
Jiri Hudler

Hey Wings fans,

What's the plan for Jiri this upcoming season? Is there room on the big club at centre?

Thanks for any info!
-C-

Old
07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Icer

He's probably going to spend the bulk of the season in Grand Rapids. He didn't play real well last year (probably due to the off ice problems with his dad). He has to put together a full season in the AHL before they hand him a roster spot in Detroit. Plus he really needs to put on some weight before he's ready for the NHL.

Old
07-29-2005, 04:37 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

Hudler

I think Hudler should play on line 2 with Lang and Shanahan
First line should be Datsyuk, Z and a UFA (Murray?)

If Hudler can't play in a scoring line capacity, perhaps he should be kept in GR.

Old
07-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Coffey77

as Newsguyone said, Hudler is 2nd liner or bust.

The Zetterberg (agent apparently asking for $2.5 million) and Datsyuk contract dealings could get nasty. Especially Datsyuk's. Hudler may be rushed to the top 2 lines if that happens. Hopefully if that does happen, Hudler is surrounded by big wingers who can create space for him.

Hudler has IMO, NHL skill, shot (a pretty hard slapshot for such a weak little guy) and hockey sense but his lack of size, speed and courage worries me.

Old
07-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote
Hey Wings fans,

What's the plan for Jiri this upcoming season? Is there room on the big club at centre?

Thanks for any info!
-C-
Until he starts winning 50+% of his faceoffs, I have a hard time seeing him ever making it as a center in Detroit. Though, I still believe he'd be good on the wing...

Old
07-29-2005, 11:35 PM
The Hrkac Circus

Jiri Hudler is suffering severe emotional trauma after not being allowed to ride a rollercoaster at Cedar Point. He is seeking psychiatric care and will need further evaluation to decide when he will play in the NHL.

Old
07-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
i agree. Hudler should be placed on a scoring line, tho i dont think lang on the wing is best suited, tho if we plan on keeping players young and going deep. Hudler with 2 big scoring bodies on each side might not be a bad idea..

Hudler can also play wing i hear... might not be a bad fit on the first line, we always roll 4 lines so tech. the first isnt really the ideally first

Old
07-30-2005, 09:16 AM
hockeytown9321

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40

Hudler can also play wing i hear... might not be a bad fit on the first line, we always roll 4 lines so tech. the first isnt really the ideally first
The days of anyone rolling four lines are over. Salary cap prevents a quality fourth line.

Old
07-30-2005, 10:01 AM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hrkac Circus
Jiri Hudler is suffering severe emotional trauma after not being allowed to ride a rollercoaster at Cedar Point. He is seeking psychiatric care and will need further evaluation to decide when he will play in the NHL.
I seem to remember telling the same joke on another thread. And its funny everytime...

Seriously I think before the problems with his Dad, Hudler was playing fairly well in GR. THe season was still young, but I want to say I remember his stats being good. I saw him in one game against Chicago and offensively he looked alive; defensively he looked...small. I think this guy will never be decent on defense unless someone like Yzerman gets in his ear and shows him how to play if you don't have all the size.

My guess is that we will see him for about 40 games this year. On-and-off... he will struggle, we'll send him down, he'll play better, we'll call him back up.

Old
07-30-2005, 11:49 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

I don't know. I have confidence in this kid. I think he has done alright so far since coming over at such a young age. I believe he will be a solid second liner.

Old
08-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Hank19

Hudler

Quote:
but his lack of size, speed and courage worries me.
It's true he's small but he has great quickness and lots of courage.
During training camp for the 03-04 season the Wings were doing 1-on-1 puck battle drills and Hudler was to go against big Jiri Fischer. The coaches thought maybe it was too big a task for Hudler so they were going to change his partner. Hudler got upset and told the coaches he didn't want a change and he'd go at him. So they let him go at it and apparentely Hudler did just fine against Fischer.

I'm tired of hearing the size debate also. Look at Koivu. That guys tiny and he does fine. So does Steve Sullivan, Martin St.Louis and many others. Hudler has tremendous vision and skill. He'll be better suited at centre because of his size but I see this guy emerging as a legit 3rd to 2nd line centre who can put up good numbers and be defensivly sound.

Old
08-04-2005, 09:55 AM
doublejack

Just looking at the way things are shaping up with the roster and remaining cap space, I think it's a near certainty that Hudler will play regularly with the Wings this season. They have very little in the way of alternatives. After Holland signs a few more players all he's going to have left is just enough to pay the league minimum salary to a handful of players. So you'll probably see Hudler, Fransen and a couple more make the big club.

Old
08-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Cruiser008

I'm not sold on this guy at all. For someone so small he is AWFULLY slow, he's likely to bust unless he improves his skating.

Old
08-06-2005, 05:36 AM
GJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
I think Hudler should play on line 2 with Lang and Shanahan
First line should be Datsyuk, Z and a UFA (Murray?)

If Hudler can't play in a scoring line capacity, perhaps he should be kept in GR.

Old
08-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser008
I'm not sold on this guy at all. For someone so small he is AWFULLY slow, he's likely to bust unless he improves his skating.

He's not a fast player, but he's quick. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he's shifty. He's like Datsyuk when it coems to skating. He wont blow by defenders, but he finds a way.

I remember Hudler got an awesome breakout pass for a breakaway in a pre-season game a year back or so and he blew out of the zone and his skating looked fine by me. (By the by, the beautiful pass was made by Kronwall)

Closed Thread