HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #82 : Kings vs. Ducks - Friday, 4/9/’11 @ 7:30 pm PDT

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2011, 06:06 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
When I was about 11 years old I remember crying when the Kings got eliminated from the finals. My dad, a huge LA sports fan who usually had season tickets to one or more teams, sat me down and told me something profound. I remember his words crystal clear to this day.

"Mike, these are your teams (Kings, Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders). These are the teams we've supported since you were born. As much joy or dissapointment these teams bring you remember you are part of a family. Win or lose, you don't abandon your family. The day the Kings win a Stanley Cup you will be able to look back on this moment with all the rest of us and it will make the moment even sweeter."

I have alot of friends that are just general NHL fans. They are fans of certain players and claim no particular loyalty to any team. This is far removed from the way I look at sports. I can watch any professional game for entertainment but it doesn't make me feel the same way as watching my team that I've been with my whole life.

You know, to each their own. I don't want to come from a place of judgement but it still baffles me why someone would waste countless hours posting on boards like these only to jump ship at any adversity. I guess it's easier on your psyche if you mentally hedge your bets.

I will cheer to the final buzzer this season. And every season after.

GO KINGS GO!

Old
04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
When I was about 11 years old I remember crying when the Kings got eliminated from the finals. My dad, a huge LA sports fan who usually had season tickets to one or more teams, sat me down and told me something profound. I remember his words crystal clear to this day.

"Mike, these are your teams (Kings, Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders). These are the teams we've supported since you were born. As much joy or dissapointment these teams bring you remember you are part of a family. Win or lose, you don't abandon your family. The day the Kings win a Stanley Cup you will be able to look back on this moment with all the rest of us and it will make the moment even sweeter."
I have alot of friends that are just general NHL fans. They are fans of certain players and claim no particular loyalty to any team. This is far removed from the way I look at sports. I can watch any professional game for entertainment but it doesn't make me feel the same way as watching my team that I've been with my whole life.

You know, to each their own. I don't want to come from a place of judgement but it still baffles me why someone would waste countless hours posting on boards like these only to jump ship at any adversity. I guess it's easier on your psyche if you mentally hedge your bets.

GO KINGS GO!

(well, minus the raiders lol)

Old
04-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
So, two straight 46 win seasons, which has NEVER happened in Kings history, dictates that Murray is the wrong guy? I would love to read your reasons why you think that Murray is the wrong guy. Please, enlighten us all.
Again that is a thing of expectations.
Well we have like players like Doughty, Johnson Scuderi and Green as your defense core plus players like Kopitar, Brown etc...
That means a monkey could coach the Kings to the playoff.

What i want from a coach is not to put in numbers.
It's the whole game. I could puke when he says his favorite "little things"

If you want to win the cup you have to be able to dominate an opponent team.
That means you have to act and set the pace.
This is one of the main things Murray can't do. He is just a REACTING guy. He is just adjusting to something that dominates us.

Just follow our regular offense game.
Someone enters the zone at the board and throws it into the middle.
Would you call it creative ??? Would you call it game plan ??? would you call it difficult to defend ????
We are the team with the fewest scored goals fromm allplayoff teams east and west.
What that means to us will show after our 1st round loss.

I want acoach that wants to win games.
Murray is type of guys who is playing not to lose and this is a big difference.
This team has no soul... no character and no emotions.
I want a coach who is giving the Kings an identity something the players are fighting for.
If someone in this organisation isn't able to do that he has to be removed.
And in this case i have to agree with you. Kompon has to go.
No if's and when's he simply has to go.

With that said...... i don't care the 46 wins are a record or something important.
What i see is a team who isn't able to dominant other teams

Old
04-09-2011, 06:23 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I think the point JT is trying to make is that if he, or myself, or anybody else was Bernier that we probably wouldn't be back next year. Why would he want to come back?
(mod hat on)

For starters (and enders on this subject) he's under contract.

Outlandish claims of inside information are NOT allowed here, so drop this ridiculous speculation and get back to topic please.

I'm not trying to be a hard-ass here but enough's enough. We've spent way too much time doing cleanup in this thread. If we have to come in and do another round of forum cleanup due to people not adhering to site rules, 30 day forum bans will be issued to offenders.

If you have any questions or comments - they belong in PM to one of the forum moderators, not in this thread.

Game discussion from this post forward please.

Thanks...

(mod hat off)

Last edited by TonySCV: 04-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old
04-09-2011, 06:37 PM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

My expectations for the Kings at the start of the season were fairly modest (in order of importance):

1. Make the playoffs
2. Finish a higher seed than the previous year's #6 spot
3. Better offensive production from Kopitar and Doughty
4. Make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs
5. Better backup goaltending with Bernier on board

Not everything has gone the way I hoped, but on the balance, I'm pleased where they are finishing the regular season. This is a very young team, and they are staged to continue to improve in the coming seasons. As fans, we should look to enjoy watching this team continue to progress.

These guys are proving that they aren't one year over achievers and have shown the ability to deal with adversity. They've developed an identity as a defensive minded hockey team. And while this isn't the most exciting brand of hockey, I'll take winning with defense over losing with the run and gun.

Brown has grown a ton as a captain. He's cut back on his flopping BS, and is sticking up for his teammates. His goals are up, and he's still got time to prove that he can put this team on his back when they need him to.

This last home game should be a fun one. The Ducks have a couple guys who are having great years and they've cut down on the undisciplined penalties. But I still don't like their D or their goal tending, and they've got their work cut out for them in the playoffs, just like the Kings do, no matter who they face. I got a feeling that Oscar and Penner will put up some points tonight and the Kings will roll. Go Kings Go!!!

Old
04-09-2011, 07:04 PM
johnjm22

At least we won't have to listen to Katie Perry and that weird Rebbeca Black chick tonight.

Old
04-09-2011, 07:11 PM
backhander

Let's do this.....Kings for the WIN

Old
04-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post

GO KINGS GO!
its easier when you support the lakers i imagine

I support 3 die hard teams, the Kings, the Carolina Panthers and Wales national rugby team

I have never experienced this 'winning'

Old
04-09-2011, 07:29 PM
damacles1156

Should be a good game, Lets hope Drew, and Jack provide some offense.

Old
04-09-2011, 07:33 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
I will cheer louder when the kings are struggling because that's when the kings truly need our support. It's easy to support them when they're winning. Who can't do that? It's in their struggles you find who the true loyal fans are.

I put all of my hard earned vmoney on the kings to win it baby!

GO KINGS!!!

Old
04-09-2011, 07:55 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
its easier when you support the lakers i imagine

I support 3 die hard teams, the Kings, the Carolina Panthers and Wales national rugby team

I have never experienced this 'winning'
I with you. For the past 10-12 years when I started getting into sports I have been a Kings fan, Raiders fan, and Brewers fan. lol

Old
04-09-2011, 09:11 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
Is this a self portrait of Barry Bonds???

Old
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Nashville loses. Kings need to take care of their **** now.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Hockey is a beautiful game. I love it and I study it. The Kings are my hometown team, and that will never change, I was born 10 1/2 miles from where Staples Center is now and have backed the Kings for as long as memories exist in my brain.

No matter if the Kings are winning or not, they are my team, period. Go Kings Go

Old
04-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Orenji

Kings, you better ****ing win. The freaking Blues just gave you a chance to get either a 4/5 match with the Coyotes or home ice.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings win and they can do no worse than 5th.

Go Kings!

Old
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
KingCanadain1976

does someone have a working link to the game please

Old
04-09-2011, 09:20 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Uh Oh, Michigan just lost the National Championship in OT. Jack's gonna be depressed all game now.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:30 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

If Phoenix loses in regulation and the Kings win they will play Nashville with home ice which would be nice. Not sure who gets the tiebreaker if Chicago wins though.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap1nt View Post
If Phoenix loses in regulation and the Kings win they will play Nashville with home ice which would be nice.
Nope.

If Phoenix loses in regulation plus we win, then if Chicago wins tomorrow...

#4 Kings vs. #5 Hawks

Old
04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
OK Computer

lol at saying this season has an asterisk...

does Gretzky have an asterisk next to his records because goalies back then didnt even know how to play?

Old
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

link ?

Old
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Orenji

We're actually in a weird situation.

We want Phoenix to lose for a chance at home ice, but if that does happen, all Chicago needs is a win and we have to play our worst possible challenge.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:40 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I guess no one has a link.. ugh

Old
04-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote: