HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

McIllrath Signs ATO

Old
04-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
You just compared the following situations as if they are the same
"We have a ton of D prospects. We have almost no big time talents on wing or in our system. The few we have like kreider are question marks. We draft another D-man "

"We have no scorers. We may draft one later in the 2nd round. We may also sign a big time centerman. We draft another D-man."

You took fact and equated it to hypothetical. Doesn't make sense. How could we have known we could draft CT and he would have this season? How could we know BR will sign with us? Silly Silly arguement. I get what you tried to say but it's a terrible comparison.
Everyone stated how loaded we are on defense but we didnt have a true crease clearer and this was "need" pick, instead, I think Gordie saw a kid that possess skills that very few have...how many Shea Weber's are out there.

All of these monday morning draft experts, how many people were crying when we picked Kreider, he went to a small school, didn't have the competition, how would he hold up, then the kid started to flash magic and everyone was kissing his ass...just very fickle. I always thought Ranger fans were the smartest in the league but this board has changed my opinion.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Dorado*

I'm not buying the Shea Weber comparison . I've seen this kid Play , he handles the puck like a hot potato , skates like Hugh Jessiman and runs around in his own Zone like a chicken with out a head . I'll give him credit he will drop em and stick up fo team mates . Toughness IMO comes cheaply and finding a third pair DMan if really need be can be had via other means than q top 10 pick . If we miss the playoffs it was because of our PP failing 0-8 against the Isles , 0-4 against the Thrashers etc etc and 1-27 down the stretch . How exactly is Dale Dylan McBelakrath going to help our PP ? Big shots are great provided they ate attached to a guy who can stay on his feet or stay out if the box or for that matter skate an NHL level

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 06:22 PM
rangers1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I'm not buying the Shea Weber comparison . I've seen this kid Play , he handles the puck like a hot potato , skates like Hugh Jessiman and runs around in his own Zone like a chicken with out a head . I'll give him credit he will drop em and stick up fo team mates . Toughness IMO comes cheaply and finding a third pair DMan if really need be can be had via other means than q top 10 pick . If we miss the playoffs it was because of our PP failing 0-8 against the Isles , 0-4 against the Thrashers etc etc and 1-27 down the stretch . How exactly is Dale Dylan McBelakrath going to help our PP ? Big shots are great provided they ate attached to a guy who can stay on his feet or stay out if the box or for that matter skate an NHL level
Right, because we have powerplay problems THIS year, mean's that it will still be the teams problem in 3 years when McIlrath is on the team. Get over the pick.

rangers1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:16 PM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
I'm not buying the Shea Weber comparison .
Did you ever see Shea Weber in juniors? Be honest. No one is comparing McIlrath now to Shea Weber now.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:22 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
You don't watch McIlrath play. That is obvious.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

I'm so freakin happy I even like McIlrath today

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:41 PM
SomE