HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

4-8-11 Nash-less @ Nashville The $%# it, We will do it ourselves edition

Old
04-09-2011, 12:01 AM
cleangene

vCash: 500
Any clips from BAM BAM'S 1st BAMING of an opponent???? WHAT ANOTHER MEMORABLE NIGHT AT 501 Broadway in Nashville. KEEP UP THE ATTACK, PREDS!!!!

cleangene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:56 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Any clips from BAM BAM'S 1st BAMING of an opponent????
hockeyfights.com has it.

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 06:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I gotta say as happy as I am with the win its not very reassuring to watch us play another sloppy game like that. It also must just suck to be a jackets fan. Our careless play gave them so many good chances that they couldn't convert but the two mistakes they made in the second both wound up in their net.

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

CBJ fan here - I come in peace.

Just wanted to congratulate you guys for another great season. Maybe some day Columbus will actually be a good team and give our Central division brethren some competition.

In the mean time, I would really like to see you guys go deep into the play-offs. The way that your Preds are playing right now, I think it is very possible. Who knows, with Rinne in goal, you guys could go a long way.

Good luck in the post-season, and give em hell!

CYA next season.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Firestorm

Right back at you.

Well done Preds, too bad I couldn't follow the game last night.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Pred303

this is a fractured fairytale of a team that we have here. imperfect. disjointed. near unfathomable at times, near unbeatable at others. the best defensive team in the league, that cann't score 4 goals if their lives depended on it for 80% of the season, followed immediately by a swarming offensive run and gun outscore the opposition offensive oriented team for the last 15 odd games.

...fisher, kostitsyn, hornqvist are on fire. just as legwand, erat, weber go cold and cann't buy a goal. it's almost like it was a relay race where we pass the baton of who carries the team offensively from a couple of guys onto the next couple and so on. has been all year. someone has been ready to step up and take charge.

...if you were one of the ones that last week that thought the detroit meltdown wasn't really that 'costly' in the big picture, take a look today at the standings. if, as we should have, held off detroit after getting a flipping 3 goal lead, today we would be playing for our first divisional championship. all it would have took is another chicago win over the wings and us beating stl and we'd be hanging a banner in the bridge next year. which is why i was so flipping mad at blowing that game, looking at the schedule, and knowing the probabilites at the time.

...how do we sit halischuk if erat, sully and oreilly are all ok? the kid is on fire and sitting on a 6 game point streak, all despite very limited 4th line type minutes. not sure how to feel about sully's return right now. is it best for the team if he's half speed and afraid of getting hit? will it disrupt chemistry? or can he find one more brief spurt of magic and give us that added depth? i simply don't know. no way to know unfortunately except to try it.

...obviously we need erat badly for the playoffs. you simply aren't going to get much offense out of a spaling-legwand-ward line and we have to have that line going.

...could feel the pre-playoff tension and excitement in the air among the 10-12k that really understand things last night. a different feeling than other games this year. about 80% of what it would be like in the playoffs, but definitely a playoff beginning feel. we truly have as good a core of fans as any team could hope for, with about 3-4k more of those, this place would be something.

...i truly think rinne is the best goalie in the league right now. him, luongo, thomas, price, lundqvist have all had great statistical years. thomas' numbers are better. but what thomas, price, and lundqvist numbers don't show is the fact that rinne is playing so many more games against the western conference which is head and shoulders above the east. inarguably to any that know hockey really. rinnes numbers have been put up against better teams on average.

now let me speak clearly here. today's game is one of the most critical games this team has ever played in the regular season. a huge percentage increase in our chance of winning from the 4th spot than from the 6-7 spots. huge. home ice ours to lose. a better matchup ours to lose. ride rinne like a horse. i see no way we 'risk' starting lindbach when we have the best goalie in the league with time off after this game to recover. we might get beat today, and if we do, well we do. but make it be against our best.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Um, I know a bunch are in St. Louis for the game but do you really want me to curse the team with a L by doing the GDT?

Who's got the mojo for a Warren based GDT?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Congrats guys on the post season.

This Oiler fan will be cheering for you in the west.

I really think you guys have the potential to go deep into the playoffs. You just need to score.

The good news is, you guys are hard to score against. Being one of the top defensive teams, both as ES and PK, really helps your cause in the post season.

Also having a goalie that can steal a game is essential in the playoffs, which you guys have.

The only thing you guys need to do is score. If you guys can score atleast 2 goals/gmae in the playoffs, you guys should come out winning most of the time. Especially in the 1st round if you guys play a team like the Kings(who I think is an ideal match up for you folks) or Phoenix(who I think you can beat).

I think i you guys play either LA or PHX, you guys can win the 1st round and move on.

Also, in a seven game series, I have a hard time picking any other team but you. With how physical you guys can be(and you know your whole team will turn it on in the playoffs in that department), you'll just wear opponents down.

Lets go Nashville!

04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Um, I know a bunch are in St. Louis for the game but do you really want me to curse the team with a L by doing the GDT?

Who's got the mojo for a Warren based GDT?
i got it. on a streak here...was debating waiting for game one though

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:36 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Question: What do you guys think?

1) Did the Predators just put faith in the Sharks beating the Coyotes tonight (or whichever other team the Preds might face in the 1st Round)?
2) Did the Blues just plain and simply outplay the Preds?
3) Did the Predators just decide that home-ice wasn't that important (to a team that has one of the best home-ice records in the League)?

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Question: What do you guys think?

1) Did the Predators just put faith in the Sharks beating the Coyotes tonight (or whichever other team the Preds might face in the 1st Round)?
2) Did the Blues just plain and simply outplay the Preds?
3) Did the Predators just decide that home-ice wasn't that important (to a team that has one of the best home-ice records in the League)?
2 and the Predators aren't really that good anyway.

Jarnberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:41 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
2 and the Predators aren't really that good anyway.
Well, I hope you'll have something to cheer about after the 1st Round is over... or even further into the Playoffs.

And perhaps they aren't That good, but they still do have the 3rd best home record in the League, and that would be a good positive to take into the Playoffs with home-ice advantage.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 02:12 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Congrats guys on the post season.

This Oiler fan will be cheering for you in the west.
Thanks Oilbleeder!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote