HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville @ Guys practicing for the British Open

Old
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
By watching the puck movement in the neutral zone it seems like our guys think they are a freakin' all star team...

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

We need Erat

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:57 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

:

Old
04-09-2011, 08:58 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Ugh... Klein. If the puck is going by you DON'T throw your stick out to try to block it. You're just as likely to deflect the damn thing in on net...

We really are ******** the bed against a terrible team

Old
04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Screw it... this game is ruining my night. Hopefully we come back, but I'm done with this train wreck. Bring on the play offs

Old
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

well there goes 4th

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Buncha 'tards out there tonight from Trotz on down.

Maybe that get's our required playoff choke out of the way early this year.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Broom of the System

Terrible, terrible, terrible train wreck of a game. Certainly hope this doesn't carry over into the playoffs. Just forget about and move on to the playoffs. 4 - 5 matchup still possible, but we'd need a lot of help.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:19 PM
RaiderDoug

well, poop.

Has this team ever won when it really counted? I'm not talking about eeking into the 8th slot so we can be demolished by the #1 seed.

But the year we were in the race for the Prez and we end up stumbling into 4th and a match up with San Jose. About to take a series lead, but blowing it vs. Chicago last year. I'm sure I could come up with more.

Now here we are with a chance to secure home ice, and a matchup against Phoenix or a stumbling LA, and we can't garner a point vs a non-playoff team playing for nothing.

Frustrating as all hell $@#$%

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Red Wings just got a bye into the 2nd round thank you Blosers

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Jarnberg

Pathetic effort. Go figure, the team cannot win a big game. They get outworked and outplayed by a team who isn't even going to make the playoffs.

The Predators are easily the worst playoff team in the West.

By the way, the Blues 5-1 against the Predators this year with Halak shutting us out 3 times.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:37 PM
JamboPred

absolutely pathetic, it seemed every time we got into the neutral zone we had to dump it in because the guys spent their whole shift defending, so frustrating. What a terrible effort apart from Peks again, if we played like we have done in the last two games then were going nowhere in the playoffs...again.

Its hard to think the guys wouldn't be up for it, hopefully it was just fatigue and we'll start a fresh next week.

JamboPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:39 PM
JamboPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Pathetic effort. Go figure, the team cannot win a big game. They get outworked and outplayed by a team who isn't even going to make the playoffs.

The Predators are easily the worst playoff team in the West.

By the way, the Blues 5-1 against the Predators this year with Halak shutting us out 3 times.
Unacceptable

JamboPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:46 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Ok that effing sucked. 5th row seats to a suckfest. Playoffs better be better.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:56 PM
braindead

Wow, way too much negativity here. Our guys just went on a fantastic run to close out the season. We lost on the road after late travel on back to back to a team that was more rested and just as hungry to close out with a win at home. Our guys looked gassed but they held in. It happens.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 09:58 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Screw it... this game is ruining my night. Hopefully we come back, but I'm done with this train wreck. Bring on the play offs
Glad i didnt watch the third

Hopefully we get catch a break and draw anyone other than Det, Van, SJ (No S**t, right). Not the final game we were hoping for.......

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Glad i didnt watch the third

Hopefully we get catch a break and draw anyone other than Det, Van, SJ (No S**t, right). Not the final game we were hoping for.......
Preds are now locked into 6th or 7th place no way to avoid Detoilet or the Divers

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:39 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Preds are now locked into 6th or 7th place no way to avoid Detoilet or the Divers
No they are not. If Anaheim holds on and beats LA, SJ beats PHX and Det beats CHI tomorrow we would be the 5th seed against the Ducks.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:43 PM
hockey diva

Detroit has no incentive to win tomorrow. They will rest their top guys.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:10 PM
JacklegJack

I think I'd rather face the Red Wings than the Ducks at this point, but damn... if only there were 81 games. Last night the Western Conference Standings were PERFECT

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:16 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm not all that bummed about losing this game, because all week long I expected to lose it. I just worried that our season would come down to having to win to make it.

To be honest, we didn't play a whole lot better last night...we just got a few more breaks and made them count, but on the whole, the games looked like similar puck possession dominance displays that saw us get outshot, outworked, outchanced, and spend a fair amount of time chasing the other team around.

I'm not ready to say that we're screwed in the playoffs because we didn't get home ice, but I'm a little disappointed that in such a big game, we very, very clearly didn't seem to want it badly enough to bear down on the puck.

If there is one concerning thing -- this is another example of failure when all the marbles are on the line. We still can't seem to close it out when it counts. We blew the game vs Detroit with the division in our grasp(though ultimately that game becomes less painful, because we wouldn't have won it anyway, with the loss tonight), and now we get rubbed out in a game that would secure home ice.

This whole season has been about redemption from possibly the lowest on-ice moment in team history, last year...it's just a little disconcerting that it doesn't seem like we've learned our lesson.

Hoping that the Ducks and Sharks hold on to their leads, and Chicago wins tomorrow. At this point, our most likely opponents are DRW or ANA, and I think we could pull an upset over Detroit, but I think we'd go out in 5 to the Ducks. We'll see.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:18 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
No they are not. If Anaheim holds on and beats LA, SJ beats PHX and Det beats CHI tomorrow we would be the 5th seed against the Ducks.
That's the best matchup that we can hope for. We were just gassed tonight too much excitement last night and the Blues just laid back and let us wear ourselves out and when they scored that goal they just locked it down. We had our chances. Hornqvist had to score that goal and that would have energized us but he didn't and give it to Halak he played a good game and gave us nothing. We need Erat back. When one line has problems it effects the whole team. It's on to the playoffs...you know in hockey nothing comes easy you have to earn it and we have to bite the big dog and scrap away and Rinne is going to have to steal us a series.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:41 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'm not all that bummed about losing this game, because all week long I expected to lose it. I just worried that our season would come down to having to win to make it.

To be honest, we didn't play a whole lot better last night...we just got a few more breaks and made them count, but on the whole, the games looked like similar puck possession dominance displays that saw us get outshot, outworked, outchanced, and spend a fair amount of time chasing the other team around.

I'm not ready to say that we're screwed in the playoffs because we didn't get home ice, but I'm a little disappointed that in such a big game, we very, very clearly didn't seem to want it badly enough to bear down on the puck.

If there is one concerning thing -- this is another example of failure when all the marbles are on the line. We still can't seem to close it out when it counts. We blew the game vs Detroit with the division in our grasp(though ultimately that game becomes less painful, because we wouldn't have won it anyway, with the loss tonight), and now we get rubbed out in a game that would secure home ice.

This whole season has been about redemption from possibly the lowest on-ice moment in team history, last year...it's just a little disconcerting that it doesn't seem like we've learned our lesson.

Hoping that the Ducks and Sharks hold on to their leads, and Chicago wins tomorrow. At this point, our most likely opponents are DRW or ANA, and I think we could pull an upset over Detroit, but I think we'd go out in 5 to the Ducks. We'll see.
I don't believe that our players didn't want it enough. What some may interpret as lack of effort, I interpret as lack of natural ability to control the puck and generate sustained offensive pressure.

We're basically rolling 4 3rd lines out there, especially without Erat.

A team like SJ can generate sustained offensive pressure in their sleep. The Blues have an offense on the rise. You can see it in their play. They finished #10 in Goals For. They are close to turning the corner.

Not matter how 'hard' we try, it will always be ugly with the Predators until we can bring in some true offense.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 04:02 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Detroit has no incentive to win tomorrow. They will rest their top guys.
Nothing other than possibly keeping their rivals out of the playoffs.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:46 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Nothing other than possibly keeping their rivals out of the playoffs.
Plus they get to decide who they want to play. Because if they win they play ???? and if they loose they play ?????. They will be different

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote