HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs -Round 1- (5) Nashville Predators 4 vs (4) Anaheim Ducks 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

vCash: 500
2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs -Round 1- (5) Nashville Predators 4 vs (4) Anaheim Ducks 2

NOTE : Regarding LARGE SIZE IMAGES / YELLOW RE-SIZE IMAGE BARS ABOVE PICS, let me offer up one nice little suggestion ...
This will get rid of those pesky yellow resize bars over the top of some larger pictures ... as they annoy the hell out of me and maybe they do you also ?
- Go into/click on your "USER CP" {control Panel} up top left in the Teal bars
- on the left under 'Settings & Options' click on "Edit Options"
- scroll down to 'Thread Display Options', and then 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- click on the 'Drop Down List Box' over on the Right of 'Please Select the Resize Mode'
- select it to "KEEP ORIGINAL SIZE"
- SAVE your selections !
There ... now don't that look MUCH BETTER

Last edited by Jonesey: 04-24-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old
04-09-2011, 07:07 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I'll try to keep the updates coming. I'll be checking ESPN ScoreCenter like a junkie.

edit: I just remembered all of the other games have late starts, so I'm retracting that promise. If I decide to stay in and study I'll try to post updates. I'll need to procrastinate somehow.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

We will start Games 1 and 2 on the road.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Go Sharks, Go Kings, Go Red Wings.

Old
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM
braindead

But mainly go sharks. Sharks win and we don't play them.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:16 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Losing is bad enough but it gets worse. If Sharks lose, we play them no matter what happens in the Wings-Hawks or Ducks-Kings.

Assuming Sharks lose, they remain in 2nd with 103 points. Yotes pass us to grab 4th.

Winner of Kings-Ducks pass us. If Kings win, they're 4th and Yotes are 5th. If Ducks win, Yotes are in 4th and Ducks in 5th.

Either way, we drop to 6th. Here's where it gets sad.

If Hawks beat Wings, Hawks pass us and we land in 7th. Wings remain in 3rd and we play 2nd place Sharks.

If Wings beat Hawks, we remain in 6th but Wings move past Sharks and send them into 3rd to play .................. us as the 6th seed.

So, simply put, if the Yotes beat the Sharks, we play the Sharks. If Sharks beat the Yotes, we won't play the Sharks.

If I were the Sharks, I'd take a knee.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Just fricking shoot me. All that work and we end up just like always. As I have said other places , this team has NEVER won a game with something on the line(ie when winning just that one game will allow us to accomplish something.)

PROVE ME WRONG YOU SORRY SACKS OF WORM RIDDEN DOG CRAP!!!!

Old
04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
hockey diva

Can you say one and done again? Yep. And you are so right Volde, we have never won a game to get us over the hump. And we keep coming back for more...

I would rather play SJ at this point. Just do not want to deal with the ****** fans again this season.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:45 PM
braindead

I'm going to guess our team isn't as fragile as our fan base.

Sharks up 1-0
Ducks up 2-0

If it holds, we finish above both LA and Yotes. We would get Ducks in the 4-5 or Wings in the 3-6.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:45 PM
predfan24

So it looks like our only possibilities are Ducks, Wings or Sharks. With the Ducks being the least likely( even though if the teams that lead the games going on right now hold on 2 out of the 3 things that need to happen to play the ducks will have happened).

At this point I want Detroit. Just really hoping we stay away from the Sharks as I believe they are the one team that would dispose of us pretty easily.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I'm going to guess our team isn't as fragile as our fan base.

Sharks up 1-0
Ducks up 2-0

If it holds, we finish above both LA and Yotes. We would get Ducks in the 4-5 or Wings in the 3-6.
Yeah, the negativity is crazy. Everyone is so worried about our first round matchup and winning one round. Obviously that is important to the organization but the goal is the Stanley Cup. There is no easy road there. You have to beat good teams and you might as well start in Round 1. Bring it on

Old
04-09-2011, 10:51 PM
don28

Playoff Scenarios

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I am interpreting the conference standings:

If Phoenix loses in regulation to San Jose, Anaheim beats L.A. in regulation, and Chicago beats Detroit, the Preds would wind up 6th in the conference. If Chicago loses to Detroit, the Preds would remain in 5th.

Phoenix gaining one point passes the Preds in the standings, but Los Angeles has to win in regulation or overtime (non-shootout) to pass the Preds in the standings.

Chicago losing tomorrow makes the Preds no worse than 7th. Chicago winning means that they pass the Preds in the standings, and the previously mentioned games will have a big impact on where the Preds finish.

The best case scenario leaves the Preds in 5th, the worst case leaves them in 8th. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Yeah, the negativity is crazy. Everyone is so worried about our first round matchup and winning one round. Obviously that is important to the organization but the goal is the Stanley Cup. There is no easy road there. You have to beat good teams and you might as well start in Round 1. Bring it on
It's not crazy, it's reality. We have been to the playoffs 5 times, we have won a grand total of one road game. We have blown more crucial games than we can count. Last Sat's game ring any bells? Blowing a 4 goal lead in Toronto ring any bells? Game 5 last year ring any bells? The odds are not in our favor and won't be until we find some consistent offense and our d corps learns how to get the puck past the blue line without turning it over.

Old
04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Preds can't be 8th. If phoenix wins in regulation and anaheim wins we are 6th

Old
04-09-2011, 10:57 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by don28 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I am interpreting the conference standings:

If Phoenix loses in regulation to San Jose, Anaheim beats L.A. in regulation, and Chicago beats Detroit, the Preds would wind up 6th in the conference. If Chicago loses to Detroit, the Preds would remain in 5th.

Phoenix gaining one point passes the Preds in the standings, but Los Angeles has to win in regulation or overtime (non-shootout) to pass the Preds in the standings.

Chicago losing tomorrow makes the Preds no worse than 7th. Chicago winning means that they pass the Preds in the standings, and the previously mentioned games will have a big impact on where the Preds finish.

The best case scenario leaves the Preds in 5th, the worst case leaves them in 8th. Please correct me if I am incorrect.
A few mistakes in your analysis: LA is one point behind so it doesn't matter what fashion they win at. If they win they pass us.

The Preds can finish no worse than 7th because of the Anaheim-LA game. Only one team can win and we hold the tiebreaker over LA. Right now it's 3-0 so it's very likely we will finish above LA.

Right now the only seeds possible for the Preds to grab is 5-7. If the Ducks win tonight and San Jose in regulation the worse we can do is 5-6.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:03 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
It's not crazy, it's reality. We have been to the playoffs 5 times, we have won a grand total of one road game. We have blown more crucial games than we can count. Last Sat's game ring any bells? Blowing a 4 goal lead in Toronto ring any bells? Game 5 last year ring any bells? The odds are not in our favor and won't be until we find some consistent offense and our d corps learns how to get the puck past the blue line without turning it over.
We lose the last game of the year against a team that's been playing damn good hockey and suddenly the world is ending again. Yeah, that's crazy. The Preds have had to play their ***** off for 2 months in order to make the playoffs. Playing the last game of the year on the road in a back to back one night after clinching the playoffs at home? It's not a real surprise there is a let down. The Preds have won big games before. They haven't been consistent enough to order to have real success in the playoffs no but they have won big games before. Hell, they won quite a few just to make the playoffs this year.

Every year is a different year. I'm not telling people what kind of fans to be but you will enjoy the playoffs much more if you stop being so pessimistic and stop judging the current team by the failures of teams past and judge this team by how they perform in the current moment and we won't know the answer to that for another 4-5 days.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
braindead

Now 2-0 Sharks and 3-0 Ducks

Old
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Preds can't be 8th. If phoenix wins in regulation and anaheim wins we are 6th
what happens if the Sharks win in regulation & anaheim wins ?

Old
04-09-2011, 11:07 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
what happens if the Sharks win in regulation & anaheim wins ?
Then the Preds finish 5th if Chicago loses (ahead of Yotes, LA and Dallas/Hawks) and 6th if Chicago wins (ahead of Yotes and LA).

We would play Ducks or Wings.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

So detroit can avoid chicago by beating them or choose them by losing to them....

Old
04-09-2011, 11:11 PM
don28

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
A few mistakes in your analysis: LA is one point behind so it doesn't matter what fashion they win at. If they win they pass us.

The Preds can finish no worse than 7th because of the Anaheim-LA game. Only one team can win and we hold the tiebreaker over LA. Right now it's 3-0 so it's very likely we will finish above LA.

Right now the only seeds possible for the Preds to grab is 5-7. If the Ducks win tonight and San Jose in regulation the worse we can do is 5-6.
Thank you. Do the Preds own the tiebreaker on Chicago? I think that the Blackhawks have the tiebreaker if I recall correctly. That's why I was thinking that a regulation or overtime win by them against Detroit tomorrow allows them to pass us in the standings.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by don28 View Post
Thank you. Do the Preds own the tiebreaker on Chicago? I think that the Blackhawks have the tiebreaker if I recall correctly. That's why I was thinking that a regulation or overtime win by them against Detroit tomorrow allows them to pass us in the standings.
Correct.

I'm personally cheering for the Hawks to win tomorrow and lock us into the 3\6 matchup. Want no part of a team with a guy that has 14 goals in his last 17 games.

Old
04-09-2011, 11:29 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
So detroit can avoid chicago by beating them or choose them by losing to them....
No, If wings lose to Hawks, Hawks play Ducks and Preds play Wings. If wings beak hawks, hawks play Nucks, Preds play Ducks.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

it's not the Sharks at all ... at least they played the game hard tonight

Old
04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
braindead

After some torture, Sharks score again. Yotes had cut it to 2-1 and had been pressing. Amazing save on Thornton by Bryz immediately prior. Yotes are going to torture someone in the playoffs....likely the Sharks.

Edit: Sharks Win!!!!! Give us 5th vs Ducks or 6th vs Wings.

Closed Thread