HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 Regular Season Player Grades

Old
04-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

vCash: 500
Not listed were Frolov and Boogaard who both get an F-, and Del Zotto who gets a G

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Not listed were Frolov and Boogaard who both get an F-, and Del Zotto who gets a G
LOL @ Del Zotto.

I'd give Frolov a D. He was totally snakebit, but still forechecked and cycled well. Played good defense, too.

Boogaard gets an F.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:42 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

FORWARDS:

Anisimov, Artem = B+
Avery, Sean = C
Boyle, Brian = A- (Fell off offensively at the end)
Callahan, Ryan = A
Christensen, Erik = C-
Dubinsky, Brandon = A-
Fedentenko, Ruslan = B+
Gaborik, Marian = B
Prospal, Vinny = A
Prust, Brandon = A+
Stepan, Derek = A
Wolski, Wojtek = C+
Zuccarello, Mats = B-
+Drury, Chris = B- (Today got him that high, before that, D)

DEFENSEMEN:
Eminger, Steve = B
Gilroy, Matt = D+
Girardi, Dan = A-
McCabe, Bryan = B (Did what he was supposed to do when he was traded for)
McDonagh, Ryan = A+
Sauer, Mike = A
Staal,Mark = A

GOALTENDERS:
Lundqvist, Henrik = A
Biron, Martin = A-

John Tortarella = A

Torts got this team to the point further then last season. He installed an identity. He put in the foundation of playing players based on performance. He developed the young players the way they are supposed to be and handled the veterans well. No internal issues, no Avery being a distraction.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:47 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
John Tortarella = A

Torts got this team to the point further then last season. He installed an identity. He put in the foundation of playing players based on performance. He developed the young players the way they are supposed to be and handled the veterans well. No internal issues, no Avery being a distraction.

If Canes won today and Rangers missed the playoffs there would be people calling for Torts' head right now.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
If Canes won today and Rangers missed the playoffs there would be people calling for Torts' head right now.
Not those with some sense I think.

i was totally impressed with him all season, especially with the injuries - the youngsters, his post game reports - defending his players when necessary, riding out those who just needed legs, encouraging people like Boyle and the young D man.

I was happy with this year even if we were out, next year will be great.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think any grade other than an A/A+ for Sauer and McDonagh is insane. They averaged about 18 minutes each, and did a terrific job. Not terrific by rookie standards, but terrific by any standards. And then yes, when you consider that they are rookies, their performance just defies logic. Truly awesome performances by them both.
Aboslutely, both of them were awesome.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
LOL @ Del Zotto.

I'd give Frolov a D. He was totally snakebit, but still forechecked and cycled well. Played good defense, too.

Boogaard gets an F.
Where is he ?

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Absolutley. I really like the guy. The biggest problems with this team is General Management and Ownership.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghenrik213 View Post
Where is he ?
He'll return in game 7 to score a gamewinner

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:15 AM
NYRandazzo

FORWARDS:

Anisimov, Artem B+
Avery, Sean C
Boyle, Brian A-
Callahan, Ryan A+
Christensen, Erik B
Dubinsky, Brandon A-
Fedentenko, Ruslan B+
Gaborik, Marian C <<< What a disgrace. Ok we don't play an ideal system but Boyle scored 1 less goal than you c'mon
Prospal, Vinny A
Prust, Brandon A
Stepan, Derek A-
Wolski, Wojtek B-
Zuccarello, Mats B+
Drury, Chris << Didn't play enough to get a rating. But for today he got an A. The rest of his "season" F. 7,000,000 to score 1 goal

DEFENSEMEN:

Eminger, Steve B
Gilroy, Matt B
Girardi, Dan A
McCabe, Bryan A- Only for his offensive skills. He has been better in his own end.
McDonagh, Ryan A+
Sauer, Mike B+ If he would clear the crease and not let a player hang around he' get an A
Staal,Marc A

GOALTENDERS:

Lundqvist, Henrik A
Biron, Martin A+ He won all our shootouts with his advice lol
Johnson, Chad A+ ..... lol all he does is collect splinters with his ass from the pine pony.

The useless
Boogaard, Derek F I feel that is generous
Frolov, Alex F this guy was only good for wrap arounds which never worked
Redden, Wade .. Who cares dump the contract he's a waste of space.
White, Todd F
Grachev, Evgeny F .. When is this guy going to develop? Give him a half season and trade him before he jumps to the KHL. It would be a shame to get nothing in return.

NYRandazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

The Great White Spark: A+

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:39 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Anisimov, Artem = B+
Avery, Sean = D
Boyle, Brian = A-
Callahan, Ryan = A+
Christensen, Erik = C-
Dubinsky, Brandon = A-
Fedentenko, Ruslan = B+
Gaborik, Marian = D
Prospal, Vinny = B
Prust, Brandon = A
Stepan, Derek = B+
Wolski, Wojtek = C+
Zuccarello, Mats = B-
Drury, Chris = C

DEFENSEMEN:
Eminger, Steve = B
Gilroy, Matt = D
Girardi, Dan = A-
McCabe, Bryan = B-
McDonagh, Ryan = A+
Sauer, Mike = A+
Staal,Marc = A

GOALTENDERS:
Lundqvist, Henrik = A-
Biron, Martin = A

04-10-2011, 01:10 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
The Great White Spark: A+
This.

I can't believe I omitted the biggest catalyst to our playoff season from my list!

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 01:15 AM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

Haven't really read through the posts, but Prust deserves nothing but an A+. He's been one the best players on this team. Resign him now.

NYSportsfan87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 01:16 AM
JeffMangum
Debaser

FORWARDS:

Anisimov, Artem - B+
Avery, Sean - F
Boyle, Brian - B+
Callahan, Ryan - B+
Christensen, Erik - C-
Dubinsky, Brandon - B
Fedentenko, Ruslan - B
Gaborik, Marian - D
Prospal, Vinny - B
Prust, Brandon - A
Stepan, Derek - B+
Wolski, Wojtek - C-
Zuccarello, Mats - C
Drury, Chris - INC - although that goal he scored gets him an A in my book. He saved the season.

DEFENSEMEN:

Eminger, Steve - B-
Gilroy, Matt - There is not a grade low enough to give this worthless sack of ****
Girardi, Dan - B
McCabe, Bryan - B-
McDonagh, Ryan - A+
Sauer, Mike - A+
Staal, Marc - B+

GOALTENDERS:

Lundqvist, Henrik - A-
Biron, Martin - A+

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 01:35 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Forwards

Anisimov, Artem B
Avery, Sean D
Boyle, Brian B-
Callahan, Ryan A-
Christensen, Erik F
Dubinsky, Brandon B+
Fedentenko, Ruslan C
Gaborik, Marian D+
Prospal, Vinny B-
Prust, Brandon B+
Stepan, Derek A
Wolski, Wojtek C
Zuccarello, Mats C+
+Drury, Chris INC

DEFENSEMEN:

Eminger, Steve C+
Gilroy, Matt C-
Girardi, Dan B+
McCabe, Bryan INC
McDonagh, Ryan B+
Sauer, Mike A
Staal,Mark A
Del Zotto, Michael C-
Redden, Wade F+

GOALTENDERS:

Lundqvist, Henrik A
Biron, Martin B

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 02:22 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Not those with some sense I think.

i was totally impressed with him all season, especially with the injuries - the youngsters, his post game reports - defending his players when necessary, riding out those who just needed legs, encouraging people like Boyle and the young D man.

I was happy with this year even if we were out, next year will be great.
Exactly what I felt when I posted that. I don't think it could have been put on Torts if this team didn't make it. The team came out flat against the Islanders and the Thrashers. There isn't much the coach can do about that except mix up the lines and hope it ignites something. That's what he did against Boston and people will give him a lot of credit for doing so.

The development of: Sauer, McDonagh, Stepan, Boyle, Prust, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Staal, and Callahan is because Torts puts trust in them and puts them out there when they should be. They returned it by playing extremely well and producing at the same time. Even though people here will not agree what I'm going to say, it's true: Even Del Zotto improved his defense this season, but the emergence of McDonagh and Sauer, not wanting to play him on the 3rd pairing, and his loss of confidence in his offense, put him in the AHL.

He pulled a lot of the strings on this team the right way and push the buttons that works well. With the injuries and with Gaborik underperforming (should be a point/game player) he had this team in a playoff spot everyday, until yesterday, and then regaining it today.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 03:47 AM
ColonialsHockey10

These are based purely on my expectations:

Forwards

Anisimov, Artem B: Big increase in points, but has bad bouts with consistency. Good sophomore year though.
Avery, Sean D: He was just bad in every facet. His good starts prevents him from receiving an F.
Boyle, Brian A: Awesome 3/4 of the season, then the same old down the stretch. I personally think this season was an anomaly. Strictly speaking on this season though, he was tremendous. Remember the Vancouver game; he dominated.
Callahan, Ryan A-: Showed up every game, and was playing near a PPG. Established himself as a top 6 forward.
Christensen, Erik C: Same old, showed up some games, was terrible in others. Met my expectations.
Dubinsky, Brandon B+: Dominated way more then usual, but is horribly inconsistent. He has 1st line power forward written all over him though, thanks for a guy named Jagr.
Fedentenko, Ruslan A: How he can get anything less then an A is ridiculous. The guy was a TRAINING CAMP TRYOUT! He was consistent, scored, and brought great defense. He was awesome, and arguably one of my favorite players on this team.
Gaborik, Marian F: Go **** yourself.
Prospal, Vinny A: Came back, and was great, totally disproving his "hot year cold year" theory. Nothing not to love about Prospal.
Prust, Brandon A: Proved hes more then a 4th line scrub. Totally inserted himself into the core of this team. He was incredible.
Stepan, Derek B: Anyone that watched Stepan in college knew he would come into the NHL and score like he did. He was underrated by the morons on this website because he was a 2nd round pick. Unfortunately, I saw little of the playmaking ability he put on show in college, and I don't think he will score this much throughout his career. Great year though.
Wolski, Wojtek C: See Christensen, Erik.
Zuccarello, Mats C+: Expected more. He shows skill, but I worry how he will maintain it in the NHL. We'll see.
Drury, Chris D: The guy was god awful all season. His decline in play is fascinating. Good goal today though.

DEFENSEMEN:

Eminger, Steve A: How does this guy get anything lower then an A? Same thing as Fedentenko, Eminger couldn't cut it as a NHL player until this year. He was physical, scored timely goals, and stepped up when he needed to (did awesome in a temorary 1st paring role when Staal was down injured).
Gilroy, Matt C-: I didn't expect much. He has a stretch early on that showed some promise, but I think he's done as a Ranger.
Girardi, Dan B: With Staal he's an A, without him he's a C. I'll just divide down the middle. Solid season though, and he dominated some game.
McCabe, Bryan C: I expected a veteran presence, who could fill 3rd pairing minutes and score timely goals. McCabe was just that. I really like the dude.
McDonagh, Ryan A-: Had some rough patches, but overall was rock solid.
Sauer, Mike A+: My only A+ on this list. Came in as a rookie, played multiple games on the 1st pair, brought more then convenient offense, and protected Hank when nobody else did. I feel bad he didn't get his chance earlier.
Staal,Mark A: He's a #1 defenseman, and I'm glad people are starting to finally notice.

GOALTENDERS:

Lundqvist, Henrik B: His hot streak is stuck in everyone's head. He was great, but he had his usual awful stretch. Pretty on par with my expectations, he's a world class goalie.
Biron, Martin B: I knew he would be a great backup, but he could have passed as our starter at times. Great season.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 04:34 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

FORWARDS:

* Anisimov, Artem --> B-
* Avery, Sean --> D
* Boyle, Brian --> A-
* Callahan, Ryan --> A+
* Christensen, Erik --> C
* Dubinsky, Brandon --> A
* Fedentenko, Ruslan --> B
* Gaborik, Marian --> C-
* Prospal, Vinny --> B
* Prust, Brandon --> A
* Stepan, Derek --> A
* Wolski, Wojtek --> C
* Zuccarello, Mats --> B
* Drury, Chris --> B

DEFENSEMEN:

* Eminger, Steve --> B
* Gilroy, Matt --> C
* Girardi, Dan --> A-
* McCabe, Bryan --> B
* McDonagh, Ryan --> A++
* Sauer, Mike --> A++
* Staal,Mark --> A

GOALTENDERS:

* Lundqvist, Henrik --> A-
* Biron, Martin --> B+

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

FORWARDS:

* Anisimov, Artem B+ Even though he went through some patches where he struggled, he improved a lot, and is still extremely young
* Avery, Sean D One of the biggest dissapointments of the year
* Boyle, Brian B+ Has had an amazing season, still wish he would be a little bit tougher
* Callahan, Ryan A- Unfortunately he had a lot of injuries, and his style of play might lead to this in the future as well. Much more skilled player than many here thought.
* Christensen, Erik B- Just too inconsistent.
* Dubinsky, Brandon A Leads the team in points and goals, shows great leadership, sores big goals and makes big plays
* Fedentenko, Ruslan A- He recieves a high grade in my book because he plays well night in and night out, even though it may not come up on the score sheet
* Gaborik, Marian C Still had a decent season numerically. Was injured a lot of the season, dissapointment.
* Prospal, Vinny B+ Has been great for us while he has played, many thought his career was over, still a bit too slow.
* Prust, Brandon A Just does everything we need him to do, King of the shorties.
* Stepan, Derek- A Who expected him to even make the team?
* Wolski, Wojtek- C+ Inconsistent, he is still young, maybe Torts can work on him, has top 6 talent.
* Zuccarello, Mats- B- Has been good at times, still has to adjust. Learn to play with his size.
* +Drury, Chris- ? I will wait to see what he does in the playoffs, I think he can be big for us, scored a big goal vs NJ.

DEFENSEMEN:

* Eminger, Steve- A I give him an A because he did an amazing job holding this D together when people got hurt, traded, or were scratched because they were not playing well. Far exceeded my expectations.
* Gilroy, Matt B- Not as bad as everyone thinks, will not be worth the money next year.
* Girardi, Dan B+ Has been very good this year, has had a few bad games. Need him to help shut down OV.
* McCabe, Bryan- B- Not too great defensively, and has not helped our PP too much since being here.
* McDonagh, Ryan- A. Absolutely amazing rookie season. Hopefully he can get more involved with the offense in the future.
* Sauer, Mike A. Also an amazing rookie season.
* Staal,Mark A- Has been very solid this year, want him to shoot more and join the rush more often.

GOALTENDERS:

* Lundqvist, Henrik A- Went through a little rough stretch in the beginning, has looked great since. Still an Amazing year.
* Biron, Martin- A Did a great job as a backup, wish he was healthy down the stretch.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:39 AM
JimmyStart*

FORWARDS:

Anisimov, Artem: B+
Avery, Sean: F
Boyle, Brian: A-
Callahan, Ryan: A+
Christensen, Erik: F Did he play this year? Aside from the SO?
Dubinsky, Brandon: B+
Fedentenko, Ruslan: A
Gaborik, Marian: B- But he's paid to be an A+
Prospal, Vinny: A-
Prust, Brandon: A+++ (Extra effort=extra pluses haha)
Stepan, Derek: B+
Wolski, Wojtek: C+ Some huge SO goals earned him a + instead of a -
Zuccarello, Mats: B Nice job as a rookie outscoring Fro and winning us a bunch in the SO. Those pts got us in the PO's
Drury, Chris: C (Mostly based off of only playing 5 games. Did not get an F obviously b/c of yesterday.

Frolov: C-
Boog: C-

DEFENSEMEN:

Eminger, Steve: B
Gilroy, Matt: D+
Girardi, Dan: B+
McCabe, Bryan: C+
McDonagh, Ryan: A+
Sauer, Mike: A+
Staal,Marc: A+
Roszi: B-

GOALTENDERS:

Lundqvist, Henrik: A+
Biron, Martin: A+

[B]HEAD COACH:

John Tortorella: B+ Players actually ran through walls for him this year. Deserves another year with these guys at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I think anyone who rates Sauer above Staal is insane. Don't get me wrong, Sauer played great and I've always been a fan of his. But Staal was a machine for most of the year and must be the highest rated Dman on this team.
If you rate them partly based on the fact they were rookies it's fine. If you';re comparing their seasons as pros then obviously Staal should be above. and the two rooks should be maybe A-

Not going to critique anyones list there's no sense in doing that.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:43 AM
nyrleetch

Anisimov, Artem B
Avery, Sean A+
Boyle, Brian B+
Callahan, Ryan A
Christensen, Erik C
Dubinsky, Brandon A-
Fedentenko, Ruslan B+
Gaborik, Marian C+
Prospal, Vinny B
Prust, Brandon A-
Stepan, Derek B
Wolski, Wojtek C+
Zuccarello, Mats C
+Drury, Chris D

DEFENSEMEN:
Eminger, Steve C+
Gilroy, Matt C-
Girardi, Dan B+
McCabe, Bryan C+
McDonagh, Ryan B
Sauer, Mike B
Staal,Marc A

GOALTENDERS:
Lundqvist, Henrik A+
Biron, Martin A-

I'm a Sean Avery fan

Last edited by nyrleetch: 04-10-2011 at 11:08 AM.
nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Groot
I am Groot.

FORWARDS:

Anisimov, Artem-B
Avery, Sean-C-
Boyle, Brian-B+
Callahan, Ryan-A+
Christensen, Erik-C
Dubinsky, Brandon- A-
Fedentenko, Ruslan A-
Gaborik, Marian B-
Prospal, Vinny A-
Prust, Brandon A+
Stepan, Derek A
Wolski, Wojtek B-
Zuccarello, Mats B+
+Drury, Chris Inc

DEFENSEMEN:
Eminger, Steve B-
Gilroy, Matt C-
Girardi, Dan A-
McCabe, Bryan B
McDonagh, Ryan A+
Sauer, Mike A+
Staal,Mark A

GOALTENDERS:
Lundqvist, Henrik A+++
Biron, Martin A

Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Sauer/McD- A
Prust/Cally/Hank- A+

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:10 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
I think any grade other than an A/A+ for Sauer and McDonagh is insane. They averaged about 18 minutes each, and did a terrific job. Not terrific by rookie standards, but terrific by any standards. And then yes, when you consider that they are rookies, their performance just defies logic. Truly awesome performances by them both.
Excellent post.

IMO, Michael Sauer is going to be to the defense what Ryan Callahan is to the forwards if he stays healthy. Book it. I'm too lazy to change one of those Lundqvist photos in my avatar to a picture of Sauer, but I'd like to. He is going to be right up there with those two guys as the heart and soul of the New York Rangers.

In honor of your phenomenal post, I'm going to steal your template for season grades. It's okay, because most of the grades are pretty similar, too.

FORWARDS:
  • Anisimov, Artem B+
  • Avery, Sean C+
  • Boyle, Brian B
  • Callahan, Ryan A+
  • Christensen, Erik C
  • Dubinsky, Brandon A-
  • Fedentenko, Ruslan A-
  • Gaborik, Marian C+
  • Prospal, Vinny A-
  • Prust, Brandon A+
  • Stepan, Derek B+