HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #82 vs. New Jersey Devils

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #82 vs. New Jersey Devils
Chris Drury 50 48.54%
Brandon Dubinsky 4 3.88%
Dan Girardi 2 1.94%
Henrik Lundqvist 3 2.91%
Ryan McDonagh 31 30.10%
Vaclav Prospal 7 6.80%
Brandon Prust 1 0.97%
Michael Sauer 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.94%
Wojtek Wolski 0 0%
Other 3 2.91%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Chris Drury's 7 million dollar goal propelled the team to a great win and an eventual playoff spot.

If you told me that Thursday night about 10 P.M. I would have laughed in your face.
hahaha

I'm laughing because you probably were laughing at me, while i am sure a lot of others on this board were...

In the post game thread after the thrashers games, I said something along the liines of drury would play on saturday against the devils and would be a huge factor, just his presence would calm this young nervous team...I think someone responded saying he won't help with scoring (which he actually did), but my point was mainly a veteran leader as drury is can calm down a whole room in a nervous young team, which was very very evident how nervous they were in the thrashers game they were too nervous to execute their game...

I was laughing when torts was saying friday that the drury would not be in on saturday and then I got home from taking the GRE right at gametime and i saw he was in the lineup, I was excited, not surprised.

now...bring on the playoffs!!!!
btw: I have NEVER been so excited for goals not scored by the rangers as I was for all the lightning goals against the canes last night

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
zuccs only got a little over 3 minutes of ice time and in his first shift he was the one that was in the zone first for the puck and was a big part of that tying goal by drury...I was surprised zuccs did not get a few more shifts with drury during the game, but I liked the way they looked and i think in the playoffs those two could be HUGE together, the way zucc passes and how drury seems more relaxed than ever since being in new york, i think a lot of pressure has been taken off of him because of how the team has succeeded all season really without him and with cally stepping up in the leadership department. I really think those two will be one heck of a duo in these playoffs
Avery-Drury-Zucc aint a bad unit, but they are pretty small....

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Chimp

So cool that Drury scored in his first game back, which happened to be this game.

I've hacked Drury, his performance and his contract to pieces, but that doesn't mean I don't want the guy to perform. When he does what he did last night, nobody will complain.

Awesome game. Then I watched Tampa - Carolina on replay directly afterwards. And yelled a whole lot more.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Gotta give Drury credit. That was a big goal and probably got us going.

If he can manage to put together a couple more "moments" like that during the PO's it would be a great story.

04-10-2011, 08:14 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Best piece Brooks has ever written...

"This is the team that generations of Rangers fans lusted for in their hearts, a band of blue-collar laborers who punched in and went to work. Most times, that is"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1J7qtlN6r

This has been a long time coming

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:43 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Best piece Brooks has ever written...

"This is the team that generations of Rangers fans lusted for in their hearts, a band of blue-collar laborers who punched in and went to work. Most times, that is"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1J7qtlN6r

This has been a long time coming
It's more than just that...this team features a homegrown core - Staal, Dubi, Cally, AA, Stepan, Girardi, Sauer and Henke were all drafted or signed out of juniors by the Rangers, McD made his professional debut as a Ranger, and Boyle and Prust emerged as legitimate NHLers as Rangers. Plus, there are more goodies on the way. You'd have to go back a long way to find a Ranger team as removed from being mercenaries as this one. The fact that they are so young contributes to the closeness of the group. I cannot emphasize this enough....my expectations for this team were not high entering the season, but, this team is closer to my heart than any Ranger team since the mid-90's For all the reasons Brooks stated in his article today, it was essential for this team to make the playoffs after the season they had. Even if this team bows out in the 1st round, they needed to rewarded for their effort this year. no higher draft pick outweighs that value for this group of young players.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It's more than just that...this team features a homegrown core - Staal, Dubi, Cally, AA, Stepan, Girardi, Sauer and Henke were all drafted or signed out of juniors by the Rangers, McD made his professional debut as a Ranger, and Boyle and Prust emerged as legitimate NHLers as Rangers. Plus, there are more goodies on the way. You'd have to go back a long way to find a Ranger team as removed from being mercenaries as this one. The fact that they are so young contributes to the closeness of the group. I cannot emphasize this enough....my expectations for this team were not high entering the season, but, this team is closer to my heart than any Ranger team since the mid-90's For all the reasons Brooks stated in his article today, it was essential for this team to make the playoffs after the season they had. Even if this team bows out in the 1st round, they needed to rewarded for their effort this year. no higher draft pick outweighs that value for this group of young players.
Totally agree and meant to post about the "naymes", Drury and Gabby are the last of the "naymes" still playing, Redden is buried in Hartford. Finally these guys have a common culture that isn't FA or $.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:12 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
zuccs only got a little over 3 minutes of ice time and in his first shift he was the one that was in the zone first for the puck and was a big part of that tying goal by drury...I was surprised zuccs did not get a few more shifts with drury during the game, but I liked the way they looked and i think in the playoffs those two could be HUGE together, the way zucc passes and how drury seems more relaxed than ever since being in new york, i think a lot of pressure has been taken off of him because of how the team has succeeded all season really without him and with cally stepping up in the leadership department. I really think those two will be one heck of a duo in these playoffs
Minor whine here but...

I know that an extra shift or two less isn't gonna make a huge difference but they had a 2 goal lead starting the 3rd and and a 3 goal lead just past the 10 min mark of the 3rd...why didn't Torts give the 4th line at least 1 or 2 shifts over the last 10 minutes?