HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 1: New York vs Washington (Game 1: Wed @ 7:30 MSG+, VS)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 09:14 AM
manifesty

vCash: 500
Hoping Drury of yesterday and old shows up against the Caps.

Dubinsky should hopefully be a beast too. LGR

Old
04-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

They have to take into consideration the knicks playoff schedule too.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:31 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I think Christensen will sit in favor of Aves eventually, unless he elevates his battle level significantly.
If you're gonna give Avery a shot do it in game 1 IMO. He can keep earning his playing time.

But ...
Avery has shown so little lately(could get better if refs call him more evenly in playoffs) & with our severe lack of finishers I think EC, sadly, could be more valuable. What EC lacks defensively equals Aves penchant for getting dumb penalties.

Hopefully Avery plays game 1, plays great & stays dressed. I just don't see it.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned but for those curious about the schedule, it'll be released at 10 tonight during a show on the NHL Network. Bank on the series starting Wednesday since both the Bruins and Flyers arenas are in use Wednesday night, figure they want 2 eastern series to start the first night.
Thanks for this, I was wondering when they would release the schedule (I assumed some time today but wasn't sure when).

Old
04-10-2011, 09:53 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I just see no way we win this series. I would be shocked if we did.
This Ranger team has a better Goal differential, more goals scored and (1) less goals let up this year than the Caps. I would say these teams are really close to being even. I know the caps had the best record in the East and the Rangers are 8th in points but the team statistics are in favor of the RANGERS

You tell me you would be shocked if the Rangers win this series???

Plus, The Rangers have Hank in goal and the Caps have Varlamov in goal...

Old
04-10-2011, 10:02 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I give them a 50/50 shot. Washington can be had if the work ethic is hard enough and consistent enough every game.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:10 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

is it possible that Biron comes back during this series? he's been out about a month now, right? i just don't know how long it takes a broken collarbone to heal...

Old
04-10-2011, 10:21 AM
CH2

The Caps have suspect goaltending, in the playoffs that's a huge issue. I think this is a bad matchup for Washington as we've seen how tough it's been for them to get quality shots on the net versus the Rangers.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:22 AM
sycamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
This Ranger team has a better Goal differential, more goals scored and (1) less goals let up this year than the Caps. I would say these teams are really close to being even. I know the caps had the best record in the East and the Rangers are 8th in points but the team statistics are in favor of the RANGERS

You tell me you would be shocked if the Rangers win this series???

Plus, The Rangers have Hank in goal and the Caps have Varlamov in goal...
Should be Neuvirth for the Caps.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I would sit Zucc in favor of Avery for this. Zucc just isn't ready for playoff hockey.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
The Caps have suspect goaltending, in the playoffs that's a huge issue. I think this is a bad matchup for Washington as we've seen how tough it's been for them to get quality shots on the net versus the Rangers.
The fact that they have suspect goaltending, is what worries me. Those are the netminders that shut us out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I would sit Zucc in favor of Avery for this. Zucc just isn't ready for playoff hockey.
Agreed. For game 1, anyway.....

Between Avery, EC, and MZA, we have some versatility.

If we need scoring, you would think Torts would unit the Wolski-Stepan-MZA line..

Old
04-10-2011, 10:44 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
And I don't think Avery was ready for regular season hockey.

Yesterdays game was essentially an elimination playoff game for the Rangers. Avery was benched infavor of MZA, who was down in Hartford up until yesterday.

They will play MZA for as long as his play deserves it.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:46 AM
IAMREALITY

In regards to specialty teams, I'm thinking the opposite. I'm actually hoping that whoever we play gives us no power plays! In all realism, is there anyone else here that thinks one of the reasons we were able to at so well yesterday is because we DIDN'T have any?

I'd be interested to see a chart that shows our games won plotted against how many pps we had. Would be funny to see if the fewer we had, the better we did lol.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:52 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuddle View Post
Should be Neuvirth for the Caps.
Neuvirth/Varlamov it does not matter. Hank is the huge advantage in this series.

Both teams are really close to being even in team statistics. Very even teams in this playoff series and difference has to be Hank for the Rangers to advance.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:53 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
You've been here for less then a year and already have 5,000+ posts. I've been here a few years and post everyday, and I have only a bit more posts then you.

How is it possible?

Lol.
Tell me about it. Do I even have 1,000 posts yet?

Edit-- Nope.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:56 AM
levski87

Win the first game and the pressure on the Caps will mount.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Salz

Gianonne tweeted that he thinks Games 1 through 3 will be on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday respectively.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Neuvirth/Varlamov it does not matter. Hank is the huge advantage in this series.

Both teams are really close to being even in team statistics. Very even teams in this playoff series and difference has to be Hank for the Rangers to advance.
Big difference there. Obviously the team stats didn't mean much since the Rangers barely made the playoffs. To me, actually winning a lot more games > team stats.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:05 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
You've been here for less then a year and already have 5,000+ posts. I've been here a few years and post everyday, and I have only a bit more posts then you.

How is it possible?

Lol.
Hey, 3000 isn't "only a bit more"! I'll probably eclipse that in a few weeks though . I blame GDT's since I think i've been here for most of the games this year, and then some of the ones I went to the Garden for I used my phone.

Anyway, I feel good about this matchup. The stats are there, but how we've played them this year the Capitals defense doesn't frighten me too much. I expect Ovy to kick it into another gear though because they can't get kicked out of the first round again or that'd be a failure. We need Staal, Girardi, McD, Sauer, and ESPECIALLY Hank to be at the top of their game to win this series. Our offense needs to be in hit the net mode- I hope this game against the Devs reminds them just to SHOOT.

Hank is the factor of this series. If he's on his game we can win. If he's a little off, we probably won't. He's our Weapon X.

I also believe our PK is great even though I think it's only 10th or 11th this year. Maybe Drury can help with that? I didn't see a difference when he first came back but I hope he'll play like a man possessed.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:07 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
Big difference there. Obviously the team stats didn't mean much since the Rangers barely made the playoffs. To me, actually winning a lot more games > team stats.
They have 4 more wins and 6 more loser points. I'd hardly call that a dominant advantage. A better team? Offensively, absolutely. They have Ovechkin and his posse. We have Hank, the best goalie in the NHL.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Hate to even say this, but if I were Boudreau, I'd be preaching "run Lundqvist" til my players' ears bleed. Lundqvist has been run so many times this year and the refs hardly ever do anything significant about it. It pains me to even say this, and it's dirty as hell and wrong but if I'm the caps and I want to win, it's worth a 2 minute penalty to possibly get Lundqvist out of the game and the series. Without him, we have zero chance. Zero. I just hope Boudreau / the Capitals aren't thinking this.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
They have 4 more wins and 6 more loser points. I'd hardly call that a dominant advantage. A better team? Offensively, absolutely. They have Ovechkin and his posse. We have Hank, the best goalie in the NHL.
Being 1st shows how consistent they've been. Besides that 9 game losing streak, anyway. While we've been the opposite, with a bunch of blowouts making our team stats look good..

And we've seen Hank vs. the Caps before, he stole like 3 games on his own and Ovechkin said something like "He can't keep playing like a God all the time, if his team doesn't help him." Only problem is the team scored 11 goals total in 7 games and didn't help him.

While we have a much better team this time around, I still don't trust our offense.

Anyway, I could see us winning the series, but that poster I quoted is always so homerish I think he's trying to jinx the team, so I felt like I had to say something

Old
04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Hate to even say this, but if I were Boudreau, I'd be preaching "run Lundqvist" til my players' ears bleed. Lundqvist has been run so many times this year and the refs hardly ever do anything significant about it. It pains me to even say this, and it's dirty as hell and wrong but if I'm the caps and I want to win, it's worth a 2 minute penalty to possibly get Lundqvist out of the game and the series. Without him, we have zero chance. Zero. I just hope Boudreau / the Capitals aren't thinking this.
If Hank is run during the playoffs on purpose and i'm Torts I send someone to attack Ovechkin.

Quote:
Being 1st shows how consistent they've been. Besides that 9 game losing streak, anyway. While we've been the opposite, with a bunch of blowouts making our team stats look good..

And we've seen Hank vs. the Caps before, he stole like 3 games on his own and Ovechkin said something like "He can't keep playing like a God all the time, if his team doesn't help him." Only problem is the team scored 11 goals total in 7 games and didn't help him.

While we have a much better team this time around, I still don't trust our offense.

Anyway, I could see us winning the series, but that poster I quoted is always so homerish I think he's trying to jinx the team, so I felt like I had to say something
Oh I agree, I think the Caps are the better team, but when it comes down to it their main advantage and our main advantage going head to head is beneficial for US. Should be a very interesting series.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I bet the Bruins/Habs series will turn out to be a damn war with all the stuff that has happened in the regular season series.

Playoffs. Feels good, man.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:29 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
I bet the Bruins/Habs series will turn out to be a damn war with all the stuff that has happened in the regular season series.

Playoffs. Feels good, man.
If we didn't get in this would be the series i'd pay the most attention to. Should be absolutely amazing. The only series i'm not a huge fan of is TB-Pens, but I hope TB can smack them around.

Closed Thread