HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Help needed!PO game Fri 15th

Old
04-10-2011, 11:19 AM
viennasabre

vCash: 500
Help needed!PO game Fri 15th

Hi Flyers fans!

I have the pleasure of attending a conference in NYC from April 13th -15th, coming from Vienna, Austria. As you all know, the Flyers will be facing the Sabres (hopefully with both Austrians playing) and it's been my dream for a while to see an NHL game live, better yet in the POs. I thought tickets would be sold out already or unaffordable, but I found tickets on gotickets.com for as low as 70 bucks per person (I'd be taking my fiancée).
My first question: Is this site trustwothy and would we be able to see anything in such a cheap seating area.
Secondly, which would be the best and preferably cheapest way to get from NYC to the Arena and back again on the same day.

I still think it's a long shot, but it be incredible if I could make this work somehow.
As you can see from my nick, I'm more of a Sabres fan, but no matter the outcome, it'd be really awesome to attend this game and I feel it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice you guys can give me!!

viennasabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:31 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
A couple things:

-The Flyers will be starting on the 14th. On the 15th there is an arena football game for the Soul that will be occupying the Wells Fargo Center, so I don't know if that will impact your ability to attend.
-I've never heard of that web site, so I don't know if it's legit. A couple places I know are legit are stubhub.com and the Flyers ticket marketplace on the Flyers' website.
-You'll be able to see the game no matter where you sit. There are no bad seats in the arena.
-Not sure about the travel thing, but you could probably take an Amtrak train. It'd be expensive though.

Hope that helps.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
hextall shoots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viennasabre View Post
Hi Flyers fans!

I have the pleasure of attending a conference in NYC from April 13th -15th, coming from Vienna, Austria. As you all know, the Flyers will be facing the Sabres (hopefully with both Austrians playing) and it's been my dream for a while to see an NHL game live, better yet in the POs. I thought tickets would be sold out already or unaffordable, but I found tickets on gotickets.com for as low as 70 bucks per person (I'd be taking my fiancée).
My first question: Is this site trustwothy and would we be able to see anything in such a cheap seating area.
Secondly, which would be the best and preferably cheapest way to get from NYC to the Arena and back again on the same day
I still think it's a long shot, but it be incredible if I could make this work somehow.
As you can see from my nick, I'm more of a Sabres fan, but no matter the outcome, it'd be really awesome to attend this game and I feel it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice you guys can give me!!
Make sure you wear a sabres jersey and cheer whenever they touch the puck.

hextall shoots is offline   Reply With Quote