HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings vs. Ducks - 04/09/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
04-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Unholy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
They are effing awful. We all knew it was over when #11 went down.

This was the most embarassing chapter of the Kings/Ducks series. Couldn't even get a point out of these two games.

Emabarassing. I hate that I was right back in January when I said the Ducks were making the playoffs no problem and we would be lucky to make them. Just ****ing gifted them 4th place and I lost $50 bucks to a Ducks fan.
They suck and, without Kopitar, aren't even the 8th best team in the conference. One win in the next round would be an upset. Doesn't make me less of a fan, just a realist.
Is his name Matt by any chance? My friend made the same bet with a Kings fan. But he is a Leafs/Ducks fan so I am just wondering

And good luck to you guys, would like you to beat whoever so we can play eachother.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 04:14 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Is it me or is there this mistaken idea that our downfall started with Kopitar and Williams getting hurt? Our team's scoring slowed to a trickle long before they got hurt. Them getting hurt just compounded the existing issue.

Even when we were winning, we were barely winning. I don't know what happened to the team that started off at the beginning of the year, but it just closed into a clam. I wish TM would go back over all the goals scored in the beginning of the year again so he can see whhy we're not scoring.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

I walked into this game saying that even if it was a crushing defeat I would stand up and applaud the Kings afterwards for the season they have had and the fact that even facing adversities, they have got us in.

Sure, I can sit here and cry about the fact that we have to face a strong team in the first round now, but I'd rather focus that energy on being excited to play a great team that we know we can beat if we bring our A game. Think of how amazing the upset and revenge could be...

The thing is that if the team has made you believe even once this season that they could make it to the playoffs and make some noise, then we owe to them to actually believe in their ability to do it now that we are there. Plus it's the Canucks. Eff them.

Go Kings Go! I still believe and can't wait for game 1.

Btw, seeing Williams and Kopi all suited up at the end was definitely worth saying in my seats for. Can't wait to see them both on the ice with our team next year.

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

How many collective goals have our LWs scored in the last 40 games?

The kings earned where they are, this didn't just happen in the last two games.

I'm looking forward to no more Poni and even Zues(tho I appreciate him) next year.

Penner Kopi Williams
Smyth BSchenn Brown
Richardson Loktionov Parse
Clifford Stoll Simmonds
Westgarth
(UFA/Prospect)

Doughty Scuderi
JJ Mitchell
Martinez Greene
Voynov
Hickey

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Lewis will be playing next year with Loki in Manchester

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:44 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Lewis will be playing next year with Loki in Manchester
Why would you think that?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:49 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I must have had a dream that we won this game. When I woke up today, I thought we had won as if I had gotten up early, checked the score, and then went back to sleep. I checked the score page on NHL.com, saw that Nashville and Phoenix had lost and thought we had 4th. Imagine my confusion when I checked the standings page and my subsequent dissapointment when I went back to the scores page.

Watched the game, they played pretty well, creating some chances, but it just seems like no one has any finish to actually get goals out of them. Going to watch Detroit - Chicago later to see what happens. I don't even know what I actually want to outcome to be. Is San Jose really any better for us than Vancouver?

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

because Stoll will be on line 2 or 3, so it will be between Loki or Lewis for line 4, which Lewis is far more suited for. With a coach that preaches defence, he isn't going to drop Lewis who is a key pk'er

Old
04-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

I want Chicago to win, so they face the Ducks, and we face the Canucks. Id rather face Vancouver than the Sharks.

The game against Vancouver recently was close, and the Kings really beat themselves, the Sharks on the other hand easily beat us

Old
04-10-2011, 09:53 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
because Stoll will be on line 2 or 3, so it will be between Loki or Lewis for line 4, which Lewis is far more suited for. With a coach that preaches defence, he isn't going to drop Lewis who is a key pk'er
So why would you say Lewis will play in Manchester...

Old
04-10-2011, 09:54 AM
sjmay*

Nevermind.....it's late, what can I tell you

Old
04-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Orenji

Quote:
I want Chicago to win, so they face the Ducks, and we face the Canucks. Id rather face Vancouver than the Sharks.

The game against Vancouver recently was close, and the Kings really beat themselves, the Sharks on the other hand easily beat us
Kings played better against San Jose than Vancouver. The score was pretty misleading.

Kings usually play the Sharks well.

It's gonna take a heroic effort to win either, though.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Kings aren't getting swept by anybody. I hope Kings fans have more pride and belief in their team than to believe that. Kings needed those scraps at the end of the game to get some spirit back. There are worse teams than this LA team to win playoff series. There are worse teams that have won MULTIPLE playoff series. Have some faith.
You did see Clifford hurt Brookbank's hand with his face didn't you? The team needed that? Sure maybe Richardson roughing up a 40 yr old may do something, but I don't know. There isn't a whole lot to be optimistic about right now, LA can't score. LA had a crap power play last year and it has not improved at all. Penner has been breasts on a bull and the older guys (Smyth and Handzues) look really, really old. Tough to see a deep run from these guys, especially after limping into the playoffs. But hey, they're in it and I'll support and root for them for as long as they are.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:19 AM
backhander

choke job end to the reg season....time to move on to grind out a tough 1st round series; if anything we need better coaching from Murray and Kompon. get rid of the jerk offs come summer. Please Lombardi

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:21 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I hate the prospect of giving a team a second round playoff berth.

Even Nick and Daryl, despite their efforts to sound positive, had to admit that the looming question going into the post season now and has been "where are the goals going to come from?"

So far, no one has picked up the slack and much of the few goals that have been scored have been pretty ugly(not that I'd give any of them back).

According to Kings talk, they had something like 90 opportunities going into the Ducks end last night. 27 missed shots, 24 blocked shots. The shots that did get through were mostly from the perimeter and easy for Ellis as they just hit his pads. Ellis had to make what... 2 good saves all night?

What killed all the Kings momentum was failing the score on 4 straight PP opportunities, including 2 double minors. That ain't gonna cut it on any level, let alone the post season.

I'm a little surprised people want to face San Jose. Is there really a difference? Both Vancouver and San Jose are going to step it up. When the Kings step it up, if they do, they may just make it to regular season competency, but that's not enough.

I just don't see anyone on this team magically getting a scoring touch.

Last edited by kingsholygrail: 04-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.
kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Doyle

The Los Angeles Kings traveled to Anaheim for game five of the “Freeway Faceoff” but fell short of victory as Teemu Selanne & the Ducks clinched a playoff spot, winning 2-1.

http://nhlhotstove.com/kings-fall-fl...ash%E2%80%99/\

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Omni Owl

****ed for the playoffs...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
The Kings can't score more than one goal.

We're going to play the Canucks. The Canucks hate us. Their talent, even with Kopitar/Williams, is much higher. They are going to try and embarrass us.
I don't think any team really HATES the Kings. You have to be good to get a little hate directed your way.

Vancouver (or whomever they play) may look at he Kings as just a nusance.

This will not be pretty. The Kings will be extremely lucky to win 1 game. What's their over/under for goals scored in 4 games? I'd say 4 or 5 max.

As other playoff teams have upped their game while nearing the playofss, the Kings are looking their worst. Anyone seen Penner lately?!?

The only hope they have is Quick getting hot - at least Bernier gave Quick some rest by getting in a few game there towards the end, huh?

Well, last year I thought they had a chance and they played well in the POs. Hopefully I'm wrong again this year.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:12 AM
mbar

So what's the refund policy if you are holding "home game 3" tickets?

What? We are winning this in five.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Johnny Utah

The Kings need to seriously look at a skilled mid level winger UFA like Samsonov, J. Jokinen or Tanguay as a 2nd or 3rd line winger next season. A guy who can play the hash marks on the power play. Let Poni go and inset this UFA.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:30 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
I'm a little surprised people want to face San Jose. Is there really a difference? Both Vancouver and San Jose are going to step it up.
San Jose fans > Vancouver fans.

We're getting swept and embarrassed either way, but it will be easier to stomach giving the Sharks a free trip to round two.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
San Jose fans > Vancouver fans.

We're getting swept and embarrassed either way, but it will be easier to stomach giving the Sharks a free trip to round two.
Bingo. I'd much rather cheer for the Sharks over the Canucks in the playoffs.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Tadite

Thing I'm amazed about is how well the West has done with no truly dominate team. Canucks have one great line, a limited amount of depth, 2 defensemen, and a mass of injuries and their 1st in the conference. Red Wings are old (but that's normal) and only god knows what's going to happen to their goalies not to mention they aren't scary. Sharks are just waiting to choke, Ducks are just the Canucks without the depth, talent, or coaching and both the Yotes and Chicago have so many holes it's not even funny. Hell Yotes have EB as their first line center!

Just crazy that not even one team doesn't have major, massive, gigantic problems.

So **** it. Kings may not have an offense but we're one of the best defensive teams in the league, we have two goalies, we have depth, and we have the best 1-6 d-men in the western conference. More then most.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:48 PM
KingNick07

anywhere to see a video of Brown's speech to the fans?

KingNick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick07 View Post
anywhere to see a video of Brown's speech to the fans?
Seconded.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote