HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will JR get goal #500 with the Kings?

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Will JR get goal #500 with the Kings?

Since its a slow news day I thought I would throw this out there. When Roenick was traded to the Kings ESPN kept focusing on the fact the JR was only 25 goals away from being only the second US born player to score 500 goals. Will he do it in a Kings uniform?

In a related question. How many players have scored their 500th goal with the Kings?

ps. I have 1000 posts. I officially have no life.

Old
08-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Kick

No doubt that JR will record #500 as a member of the Kings, as long as he is still with them next season (06-07). I figure if he stays healthy and logs a minium of 70 games this year he should net around 20.

Old
08-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Sleestak

If JR stays healthy, I believe he will score 32 goals this year.

Not 31, and not 33, but 32 goals.

He will also get in lots of fights, talk **** about the Ducks all the time, and have his own TV show.

George

Old
08-06-2005, 02:25 PM
kingsfan25

I'd have to say yes. Now that he's playing for a more offensive club and has had a year to lick his wounds. I wager that number 500 is imminent for JR.

Old
08-06-2005, 03:04 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Easilly espiacilly if we still sign Palffy

Old
08-06-2005, 03:05 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
ps. I have 1000 posts. I officially have no life.
I just joined you with this post its for you =)

Old
08-06-2005, 03:40 PM
cassius

I guarantee JR will score 500.

Congrats to you guys on picking up JR. He is a great guy who gives all his heart.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Osprey

I see JR as being a 25-goal/35-assist player at the moment. There's a good chance that he could get up to 30 goals, what with Ziggy gone (more scoring burden and ice-time) and a friendly competition with Robitaille, but it really mostly depends on health. I'd predict the chance of him reaching 25 goals this season is about 50/50, with health being the biggest wildcard. If he misses fewer than 10 games, #500 is his; if he misses more than 10, maybe he'll get that extension that DT is rumored to be pursuing and he can hit it the following season.

BTW, as he gets older and his reflexes slow down, his goal production should drop off and his assist production increase, thus relaxing more into his playmaker role than his goal-scorer role. It's not out of the question that he'll see as few as 20 goals this season, but with 35-40 assists, so Kings fans should just keep that in mind so as not to be disappointed if it happens. His goals-to-assist ratio will depend, probably, on just how healthy and youthful he is after the year off and what kind of role the coach uses him in. Also, he may try to set up the young kids instead of attempting a lot of one-man efforts, which would affect his ratio. It'll be interesting to watch and see how he turns out.

Last edited by Osprey: 08-06-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old
08-06-2005, 11:26 PM
willywonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I see JR as being a 25-goal/35-assist player at the moment. There's a good chance that he could get up to 30 goals, what with Ziggy gone (more scoring burden and ice-time) and a friendly competition with Robitaille, but it really mostly depends on health. I'd predict the chance of him reaching 25 goals this season is about 50/50, with health being the biggest wildcard. If he misses fewer than 10 games, #500 is his; if he misses more than 10, maybe he'll get that extension that DT is rumored to be pursuing and he can hit it the following season.

BTW, as he gets older and his reflexes slow down, his goal production should drop off and his assist production increase, thus relaxing more into his playmaker role than his goal-scorer role. It's not out of the question that he'll see as few as 20 goals this season, but with 35-40 assists, so Kings fans should just keep that in mind so as not to be disappointed if it happens. His goals-to-assist ratio will depend, probably, on just how healthy and youthful he is after the year off and what kind of role the coach uses him in. Also, he may try to set up the young kids instead of attempting a lot of one-man efforts, which would affect his ratio. It'll be interesting to watch and see how he turns out.
Nice post Osprey. Very well thought out. I think that Roenick will get his 500th next year with the Kings. I agree with you that he will get more assists than goals and if you have watched him in the past, he is a very unselfish player. He can still put it in the net, but he loves to set up his teammates.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Mindcircus

JR will net his old number, 27.

Closed Thread