HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs -Round 1- (5) Nashville Predators 4 vs (4) Anaheim Ducks 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 11:19 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
The Ducks have clinched 4th.
Well, I'm just regurgitating Sportsclubstats.com. So the Ducks have the tiebeaker.

Old
04-10-2011, 11:23 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
It's not crazy, it's reality. We have been to the playoffs 5 times, we have won a grand total of one road game. We have blown more crucial games than we can count. Last Sat's game ring any bells? Blowing a 4 goal lead in Toronto ring any bells? Game 5 last year ring any bells? The odds are not in our favor and won't be until we find some consistent offense and our d corps learns how to get the puck past the blue line without turning it over.
Reality? reality this year is, we have a new slate, new members, new captain, new matchup. Idk about all of ya'll but I am excited for playoff hockey this year and that also means another chance to advance. People seem to forget it was only last year we had Chicago clinging for life in the first round.

I got a good feeling about this year

Old
04-10-2011, 11:30 AM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashville View Post
I was pissed off last night after our play against the Blues, but this morning I think it might be a good thing. I believe our chances are about the same against the Ducks or the Wings. Beating Detroit for our first playoff series win would be awesome.
what about our second?

Old
04-10-2011, 11:52 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Reality? reality this year is, we have a new slate, new members, new captain, new matchup. Idk about all of ya'll but I am excited for playoff hockey this year and that also means another chance to advance. People seem to forget it was only last year we had Chicago clinging for life in the first round.

I got a good feeling about this year
I'm with ya...

People like to toss out the past, and sure it's relevant, but where's the sense of anything-can-happen? It's the play offs. Eight teams are about to get bounced in the first round. I hope we aren't one of them, but if we are then we got our shot. We'll do it again next year. This is the time of year to enjoy hockey

Old
04-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Jarnberg

I find it funny that people want Detroit. Yeah we won the series and they aren't playing their best right now, but:

They have Datsyuk back.
They have a team full of guys who know how to turn it up in the playoffs.
They have way better coaching who can make adjustments to win a series.

If it is to avoid Anaheim..ok.. I guess.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...3&postcount=21

Someone put the tiebreakers up for stupid people like me.

Detroit and Chicago has it's own fate in it's hands. I want Chicago to win. I want Detroit. I want the Preds to look at Detroit's points and their points and say, 'We had it. We ****ing had the division.' and be hungry and angry.

If life is a storyline then Nashville would meet Detroit. SJ would be David vs. Goliath again. Ducks a anti-climax.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Thrashin Smashville

Thrashers fan here. Def picking you guys as my playoff team like every year. Depending on how the ownership works out might be here alot more during the Regular season.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:29 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I'm with ya...

People like to toss out the past, and sure it's relevant, but where's the sense of anything-can-happen? It's the play offs. Eight teams are about to get bounced in the first round. I hope we aren't one of them, but if we are then we got our shot. We'll do it again next year. This is the time of year to enjoy hockey
Bingo. I couldn't be happier going into the playoffs, regardless of seed. Just thinking of game 3 2008 vs Detroit, gives me the chills. Im envying every single one of you who gets to enjoy the Bridgestone playoff atmosphere.

Heres to optimism

Old
04-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I see we're one step closer now to the Detroit matchup. (or not now)

I'm not sure if I want the Wings. How many times will we make excuses as to why we can beat them and play with fire rather than just acknowledge that Detroit turns it on when they need to and it's probably not the best option?

Old
04-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Bingo. I couldn't be happier going into the playoffs, regardless of seed. Just thinking of game 3 2008 vs Detroit, gives me the chills. Im envying every single one of you who gets to enjoy the Bridgestone playoff atmosphere.

Heres to optimism
Same way here all the way around, although I should be there for game 3 or 4 this year.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I find it funny that people want Detroit. Yeah we won the series and they aren't playing their best right now, but:

They have Datsyuk back.
They have a team full of guys who know how to turn it up in the playoffs.
They have way better coaching who can make adjustments to win a series.

If it is to avoid Anaheim..ok.. I guess.
What's the point? No matter who people here say they hope we play, you'll find a thousand reasons that we're going to lose.

Seriously dude, you're turning into Dulzhok...

Old
04-10-2011, 12:43 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Not really liking any of the potential match ups. I think I like San Jose the last, then it's a tie in ANA or Detroit. Either could kick our *****.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

I want the ducks. Bad.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:51 PM
predfan98

well, in the midpoint of hawks and wings..... babcock is too smart....
why did i think i wanted that??

Old
04-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Bring on the Ducks, let's spice things up this year. It's either the Sharks/Wings debate every year. Even last year we still had to deal with a division team.

Old
04-10-2011, 12:59 PM
glenngineer

Lots of reasons to be happy and angry all at the same time.

The good is we made the playoffs. We played our butts off the last month or so of the season and we earned our birth. Good work by the boys playing as hard as they did.

The bad is we could've had home ice in the first round if we brought our game last night but we didn't. It's disappointing that every time we seem to have a big game in front of us, we can't get it done. For all the people that say we've won big games, I call foul. Friday night was a good game but a game we should've won, against lesser competition. Last night, we control our fate and we played pretty flat. Point I'm going after here is that we were one of 3 teams with single digit losses at home this season, Washington and Vancouver being the other two. Tell me how it could've been bad that we had home ice for a round? Now we get to go on the road to either Anaheim or Detroit and while we've faired well in both places this season, it doesn't matter any more since it's the playoffs.

This team has to get over the hump. They must win a big game for me to be a believer. I'm all for optimism but history tells me a lot about these guys and while I'm all for thinking this is the year we finally change our fate, until we do it, I'm not sold on these guys getting it done. Until we either win a series or stave off a series by winning a game to stay alive, I can't get overly excited.

I think after watching last night we should know how much of an important cog Erat is. Without him, we are a one line team. With him we have two lines that can do some damage which opens it up for the third and fourth lines. Hope he's healthy come playoff time.

Old
04-10-2011, 01:11 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
well, in the midpoint of hawks and wings..... babcock is too smart....
why did i think i wanted that??
what did babcock do?

Old
04-10-2011, 01:19 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
what did babcock do?
the changes he made between first and second period. refocused the team, changed a few things in their approach to the game,...... etc.
he has that room, they listen , and he's smart......scary smart.

Old
04-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I think after watching last night we should know how much of an important cog Erat is. Without him, we are a one line team. With him we have two lines that can do some damage which opens it up for the third and fourth lines. Hope he's healthy come playoff time.
Do we know if he will be back?

Old
04-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

For anyone wanting to play Detroit........just watch this game. This is how a machine of a team plays in big games. Correction, it's not a big game. They have nothing to gain from this and Chicago has everything and they still bring it like it's the Cup finals.

Detroit? I've learned my lesson many times over the years. Big fat no thanks on that.

Old
04-10-2011, 01:48 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post

The bad is we could've had home ice in the first round if we brought our game last night but we didn't. It's disappointing that every time we seem to have a big game in front of us, we can't get it done. For all the people that say we've won big games, I call foul. Friday night was a good game but a game we should've won, against lesser competition. Last night, we control our fate and we played pretty flat. Point I'm going after here is that we were one of 3 teams with single digit losses at home this season, Washington and Vancouver being the other two. Tell me how it could've been bad that we had home ice for a round? Now we get to go on the road to either Anaheim or Detroit and while we've faired well in both places this season, it doesn't matter any more since it's the playoffs.

So we didn't win any big games this season to launch us in to the playoffs? I must have dreamed that Dallas and Anaheim games that were equally important to both teams. Seriously, people are cherry picking when they say we have never won big games. We have just not won enough to have real success in the playoffs.

I wish there would have been a better effort last night but I do understand how it was easy to let down after everything that has happened the last two months. Home ice would have been nice and maybe an advantage but let's not forgot we have had the 4 seed twice in our history and have went out pitifully in 5 both times.

I'm not going to judge this team on past teams failures. I'll judge them on their own merit.

Old
04-10-2011, 01:59 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
So we didn't win any big games this season to launch us in to the playoffs? I must have dreamed that Dallas and Anaheim games that were equally important to both teams. Seriously, people are cherry picking when they say we have never won big games. We have just not won enough to have real success in the playoffs.

I wish there would have been a better effort last night but I do understand how it was easy to let down after everything that has happened the last two months. Home ice would have been nice and maybe an advantage but let's not forgot we have had the 4 seed twice in our history and have went out pitifully in 5 both times.

I'm not going to judge this team on past teams failures. I'll judge them on their own merit.
Every one of the 10 games have been labeled as "must win/HUGE game" by fans. We won 7. Under the circumstances, I'll take it.

In terms of us being the biggest chockers, let's look and who else had things not go their way in the last game of the season:

Carolina lost their game, and lost out on the playoffs.
Phoenix missed their opportunity to get home ice.
LA missed their opportunity to get home ice.
If Chicago loses this game, they may miss out the the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2011, 02:00 PM
smashville

Hawks fall flat on face.

Old
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Anaheim it is...

Old
04-10-2011, 02:03 PM