HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2011, 05:27 AM
DrPabloRamirez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
U18s defeated the U20s 6-1, Dano two goals.
second one - video

Old
04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
slovakiasnextone

Has any of you heard anything about that Martin Reway had been kicked out of Martin?

Old
04-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Indian

The U18 team won also in game two against the U20 3:0, another two goals for Marko Dano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Has any of you heard anything about that Martin Reway had been kicked out of Martin?
Well that would be sad, but not suprising after all those rumors about him.

Old
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
The U18 team won also in game two against the U20 3:0, another two goals for Marko Dano.

Well that would be sad, but not suprising after all those rumors about him.
Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martin...82288938475952 in the last comment....

Old
04-08-2011, 10:20 AM
slovakiasnextone

Slovakia U16- Czech republic U16 4-2 (0-1,1-0,3-1)
31:18 1-1 Šoltés (Lištiak) PP1
55:13 2-2 Šoltés (Lištiak) EQ
55:20 3-2 Szalay (Paulovič, Torok) EQ
58:20 4-2 Torok PS

SOG: 35-22, PIM:5x2-5x2

The first of the three games and I think this is the third time out of four games between these two teams. Of course, I don´t think the Czechs are in full power due to their heavy shedule, but neither are the Slovaks because of the U16 National Championship final (which means no players from Nitra, Trenčín, Zvolen, Žilina and Prešov).

Old
04-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Indian

The U16 team won also in game two against the Czech Republic 4:1, goals: Martin Blaho (René Furdek), René Furdek (Martin Blaho, Róbert Varga), Matej Paulovič (Nino Szalay, Tomáš Török), Tomáš Török (Matej Paulovič), shots 29:30. game sheet

Old
04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Slovakia U16- Czech republic U16 4-2 (0-1,1-0,3-1)
31:18 1-1 Šoltés (Lištiak) PP1
55:13 2-2 Šoltés (Lištiak) EQ
55:20 3-2 Szalay (Paulovič, Torok) EQ
58:20 4-2 Torok PS

SOG: 35-22, PIM:5x2-5x2

The first of the three games and I think this is the third time out of four games between these two teams. Of course, I don´t think the Czechs are in full power due to their heavy shedule, but neither are the Slovaks because of the U16 National Championship final (which means no players from Nitra, Trenčín, Zvolen, Žilina and Prešov).
It´s more like B team for Czech. Still 95´ Czech group looks very weak, poor goalies, none really good D, a few decent forwards(Zdrahal, Kubalik, Pokorny).

Old
04-09-2011, 04:41 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
It´s more like B team for Czech. Still 95´ Czech group looks very weak, poor goalies, none really good D, a few decent forwards(Zdrahal, Kubalik, Pokorny).
Can´t really say that it´s a B team for us too since guys like Paulovič or Torok are there, but all in all I counted more than 10 guys that usually made the 95 team and are now missing because of the U16 championship.

Maybe you´ll get to poach Reway now that he has been kicked out of two teams in two years in Slovakia and based on these games also from the U16 team..... it sucks so much when the talented kids ruin things for themselves.....

Old
04-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Indian

And another win for the slovak U16 team over the czechs 4:2, goals: Dávid Šoltés (Andrej Lištiak, Adrián Sloboda), Dávid Šoltés (Samuel Petráš), Tomáš Török (Matej Paulovič), Tomáš Török (Nino Szalay, Matej Paulovič), shots: 34-16, game sheet.

Old
04-10-2011, 05:53 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
And another win for the slovak U16 team over the czechs 4:2, goals: Dávid Šoltés (Andrej Lištiak, Adrián Sloboda), Dávid Šoltés (Samuel Petráš), TomᚠTörök (Matej Paulovič), TomᚠTörök (Nino Szalay, Matej Paulovič), shots: 34-16, game sheet.
Must have been a very entertaining first period, SOG: 7-3....

Old
04-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Indian

Quote:
Must have been a very entertaining first period, SOG: 7-3....
From what I've read in the game report it was due an active forechecking on both sides and so the shots on goal might be a little misleading. And since I didn't see the game I wouldn't judge although those numbers seem odd.
As I mentioned there are good game summaries on webhokej24.sk, from the first, second and third game.

Old
04-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
And another win for the slovak U16 team over the czechs 4:2, goals: Dávid Šoltés (Andrej Lištiak, Adrián Sloboda), Dávid Šoltés (Samuel Petráš), TomᚠTörök (Matej Paulovič), TomᚠTörök (Nino Szalay, Matej Paulovič), shots: 34-16, game sheet.
I have seen the game today and several Slovaks have impressed me.
I saw all guys except Torok and Paulovic for the first time so I was only recognising players but several caught my eyes. 96´born D Adrian Sloboda from Skalica was the most impressive player for me. Törok hasn´t play the strongest game today but he looks like solid prospect. I have also liked D Patrik Bacik, big D Martin Bobos could be intriguing player in the future too if developed properly. Forwards Benicky and Petras have played solid game. On the other hand Paulovic hasn´t impressed me again, he is physically much more developed than most of the other guys and several guys could overtake him in the future. I don´t think he is NHL prospect.

Old
04-10-2011, 03:15 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
I saw all guys except Torok and Paulovic for the first time so I was only recognising players but several caught my eyes. 96´born D Adrian Sloboda from Skalica was the most impressive player for me. Törok hasn´t play the strongest game today but he looks like solid prospect. I have also liked D Patrik Bacik, big D Martin Bobos could be intriguing player in the future too if developed properly. Forwards Benicky and Petras have played solid game. On the other hand Paulovic hasn´t impressed me again, he is physically much more developed than most of the other guys and several guys could overtake him in the future. I don´t think he is NHL prospect.
Well, this is much more promising than what you wrote to me in PM last year about these three games around this time of year last year. But as always enjoy your insight. Still a long way to go for these kids though, anything can happen I guess.

Old
04-10-2011, 03:34 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Paulovic played better in saturday.. I prefer small Szalay over Paulovic..

Old
04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Indian

The U18 squad lost to the czechs 2:3 in the last game before the wjc,
goals by Dolník a Fujerík. Tomas Mikus will make the team after all, however Michal Hlinka is out due an illness.

Old
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Soltes 2nd goal - video
Torok both goals - first and second

Old
04-17-2011, 09:16 AM
slovakiasnextone

It seems that Martin Marinčin had made hsi debut in the AHL already before the play-offs started, +1 and 2PIM according to the stats, don´t think it was mentioned here anywhere....

Old
04-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Kamzik

The U18s are losing to Switzerland in the first period. I hate to say this but I think a Slovak team is finally heading to Div I. I think this is it, this is the team. Strange since they played so well against the Slovak U20s and Czech U18s.

Old
04-17-2011, 09:53 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
The U18s are losing to Switzerland in the first period. I hate to say this but I think a Slovak team is finally heading to Div I. I think this is it, this is the team. Strange since they played so well against the Slovak U20s and Czech U18s.
And if they go down it could get pretty tricky to get back up with the new system and having to play all the top Div I teams in Division IA......anyway it was bound to happen one day....

Budíííííček, Slovak hockey!

Old
04-17-2011, 10:10 AM
slovakiasnextone

The game´s tied at two now....

Old
04-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Kamzik

They allowed a Swiss shorthanded goal in the final ten minutes to lose it.

Old
04-17-2011, 10:42 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
They allowed a Swiss shorthanded goal in the final ten minutes to lose it.

Old
04-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Indian

Well, this looks very bad for the U18 team. I have a feeling they will loose all their remaining matches, including Norway.

I looked at the results of the U17 team this year and it seems we will be staying in the IA division for another year. It was bound to happen and the dark ages in slovak hockey are finally here.

Last edited by Indian: 04-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old
04-17-2011, 11:37 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Well, this looks very bad for the U18 team. I have a feeling they will loose all their remaining matches, including Norway.

I looked at the results of the U17 team this year and it seems we will be staying in the IA division for another year. It was bound to happen and the dark ages in slovak hockey are finally here.
Yeah, I can totally see them lossing to Norway too, with the trouble our teams usually have with the whole defending and a great goalie concept, which Norway uses and with Soberg being a wall, it would not surprise me....

As for Div IA, well, I don´t think it would be so bad, we´d have to play Norway, Slovenia, France (finished 2nd and 3rd in Div I this year) and probably Italy and Kazakhstan (currentl ranked 2nd and 3rd in the other Div I group). And as the teams are usually younger in Div I, I´d expect them to put a team with many underagers, (and especially when you count in that the current U17 class is so poor) also as a way of preparing them for the elite division (in case they get promoted).

EDIT: I wrote Belarus, but they finished pretty low in Div I this year-4th, so they´d probably end up in Div IB and it would be France in IA

Also, I heard some rumors about a possible reorganisation of the youth leagues in Slovakia, so maybe something will finally be happening? (It was only mentioned in a Polish article about a Polish team maybe entering Extraliga dorastu next season though).

Old
04-17-2011, 11:57 AM
smitty10

So which Slovak players do you guys expect to be drafted this year? Outside of Jurco who is a sure thing I don't really know much about Slovak prospects.

Closed Thread