HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boogaard is done as a NY Ranger

Old
04-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well if he does in fact retire, I would feel much better about flipping a pick for Chris Neil at the draft. Neil-Boyle-Prust I think could be a very memorable NYR line.
Chris Neil is a Dave Cameron , the Sen's next coach, type of player . Eugene Melynk was best man at Cameron's wedding . As a Ranger fan...I would love Neil on our team but he also has a 10 team list that he won't play for...and we are on it .

Back on topic...Boogy had a short run in NY...probably just that 1 punch away when he was signed . I kind of hoped that they would of went after John Scott at the time . The day of the super heavyweight is nearing an end because of the Probert brain traumas and the fall out from it .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:15 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I liked the signing but not the cost (sound familiar?). I am sure we basically all after the outcome was not what anyone expected. I am almost 100% sure Sather brings in some more toughness best year, especially of Avery is gone then - as many speculate here will be the case. Hopefully a stopgap And somebody that can contribute on the ice as well. We have 3 possible "homegrown enforcers" in The Undertaker, Jason Wilsson And McNaught from last years Charlestown Chiefs draft, so a 2 year deal would be Max I would thing. I thing Sather wants one big guy to take pressure off of Prust And to be a hear factor of Flyers or prust pills decide to run Hank.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I liked the signing but not the cost (found familiar?). I am sure we basically all after the outcome was not what anyone expected. I am almost 100% sure Sather brings in some more toughness best year, especially of Avery is gone then - as many speculate here will be the case. Hopefully a stopgap And somebody that can contribute on the ice as well. We have 3 possible "homegrown enforcers" in The Undertaker, Jason Wilsson And McNaught from last years Charlestown Chiefs draft, so a 2 year deal would be Max I would thing. I thing Sather wants one big guy to take pressure off of Prust And to be a hear factor of Flyers or prust pills decide to run Hank.
Jason is far from an enforcer, he might be willing to fight but he is more like a middle weight.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:23 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Jason is far from an enforcer, he might be willing to fight but he is more like a middle weight.
probably true. Is there not some big unsigned ogre in the KHL Sather can find from the Siberian outback that can skate And Play a bit that we can surprise with at camp. 7th D or 13th/14th FW?

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:31 PM
HockeyBurd*

First off... hope he does well and recovers and has a healthy and happy life.

Second... it was terrible signing. And it is good for the organization to have the cap space. They are going to need every bit of it.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

like others have said, hope his long term health is alright, but good riddens

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:45 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Yup..Slats will definetly get us another Enforcer and this board will blow up..I can't wait..He knows whats needed and thats all that matters..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I liked the signing but not the cost (sound familiar?). I am sure we basically all after the outcome was not what anyone expected. I am almost 100% sure Sather brings in some more toughness best year, especially of Avery is gone then - as many speculate here will be the case. Hopefully a stopgap And somebody that can contribute on the ice as well. We have 3 possible "homegrown enforcers" in The Undertaker, Jason Wilsson And McNaught from last years Charlestown Chiefs draft, so a 2 year deal would be Max I would thing. I thing Sather wants one big guy to take pressure off of Prust And to be a hear factor of Flyers or prust pills decide to run Hank.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:48 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Yup..Slats will definetly get us another Enforcer and this board will blow up..I can't wait..He knows whats needed and thats all that matters..
LOL, yeah, he has done a fantastic job building a championship team in his tenure here! In Slats we trust!

I'm all for having an enforcer, but c'mon, "Glen knows best?" Not the most persuasive argument one could make.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I couldn't care less if we sign an enforcer as long as its one who can skate a nice shift on Boyle's LW.

I'd like a guy who preferably has hit 10 goals before, and doesn't take too many minor penalties. Doesn't have to kill penalties, but basically a bigger Prust.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Do you really believe in Glen?

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
turcotte8

Quote:

I'd like a guy who preferably has hit 10 goals before, and doesn't take too many minor penalties. Doesn't have to kill penalties, but basically a bigger Prust.
I was just about to post this same idea. I love Prust's willingness to fight but there's been quite a few times where he simply can't reach the other guy because of his size.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 06:54 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Not wishing the guy ill or anything, but I really never felt like he ever was a part of this years team.

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:00 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Listen... he knows you need toughness..you guys can argue that all you want..If you dont like it go root for the Wings..I want a legit Heavy dressed for at least 40 games a year for the Flyers,Devils,Isles ect...It will always be that way with Slats..Good for me..not so good for most everyone else on here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
LOL, yeah, he has done a fantastic job building a championship team in his tenure here! In Slats we trust!

I'm all for having an enforcer, but c'mon, "Glen knows best?" Not the most persuasive argument one could make.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:12 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Yup. 5 playoff berths in his 12 years as GM. he sure knows what we need.

ThisYearsModel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:15 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Listen... he knows you need toughness..you guys can argue that all you want..If you dont like it go root for the Wings..I want a legit Heavy dressed for at least 40 games a year for the Flyers,Devils,Isles ect...It will always be that way with Slats..Good for me..not so good for most everyone else on here..
That's completely beside the point. I agree we should have an enforcer, so I'm not sure what you're getting at with the "Go root for the Wings" shtick. I'm just questioning the logic of "Glen knows what we need." Even if he correctly identifies what we need, he's likely to sign the wrong player.

A lot of people here were furious at the Brashear signing. Guess what? They were right to be angry! A lot more were upset that we signed Boogaard. And surprise, they were right again! I supported both of the aforementioned signings and ended up regretting it. Sather is an idiot with the UFA signings, so no one has any faith that the player he brings in to fill the enforcer role will work out.

You'd see a lot more support for having an enforcer here if there was any confidence that Sather would sign a guy that could play.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
He knows what we need? How can you keep saying that. He's garnered 2 playoff series wins in 12 years. In that time, likely handing out the two worst contracts to enforcers in NHL history. I don't mind if he brings in a guy like Neil. But there's no need to have a Gillies, Godard, Brashear etc. Team toughness>>>Individual toughness.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Chris Neil is a Dave Cameron , the Sen's next coach, type of player . Eugene Melynk was best man at Cameron's wedding . As a Ranger fan...I would love Neil on our team but he also has a 10 team list that he won't play for...and we are on it .
Where'd you read this? I'm pretty sure he was close to being a Ranger in the offseason, read he was minutes away from accepting our offer.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:43 PM
pwoz

I feel bad for Boogey. He's a freaking huge athlete. I hope he recovers and hires that skate trainer that Boyle did.. he's slow, but he's still a player in the NHL and could improve, even if just in a checking role.

pwoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:45 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

We are talking about Enforcers here..I didn't like the Brashear signing either but at least he identified our needs..I would have rather kept Orr like most everyone else..Colton wanted TO..Glenn has many faults at throwing bad money after bad money..No GM is perfect..Im just glad we have a GM that likes tough guys and will always have them on the Roster..I think its widely known 80% of this board wants to roll 4 lines of scorers like some fantasy team..Im Glad Sather doesn't agree with the masses here..I will always be in the minority here..because I agree with things he does more than most here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
That's completely beside the point. I agree we should have an enforcer, so I'm not sure what you're getting at with the "Go root for the Wings" shtick. I'm just questioning the logic of "Glen knows what we need." Even if he correctly identifies what we need, he's likely to sign the wrong player.

A lot of people here were furious at the Brashear signing. Guess what? They were right to be angry! A lot more were upset that we signed Boogaard. And surprise, they were right again! I supported both of the aforementioned signings and ended up regretting it. Sather is an idiot with the UFA signings, so no one has any faith that the player he brings in to fill the enforcer role will work out.

You'd see a lot more support for having an enforcer here if there was any confidence that Sather would sign a guy that could play.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I wanted to keep Jody Shelley after the nice chemistry he showed with Prust last year.

We haven't gone into a regular season without an enforcer in a very long time, I would expect that to continue.

I just hope the next one is a good cycle hockey player to fit Tort's style.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Urban myth..We are not on his list of teams he wont play for..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Where'd you read this? I'm pretty sure he was close to being a Ranger in the offseason, read he was minutes away from accepting our offer.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Rust Heisenberg

sorry boogey...

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 07:52 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I loved Shelley...7 years ago...Enforcer is a young mans game..The guy is a Warrior no doubt but his time has passed..He was awful this year fighting wise.

Quote:
I wanted to keep Jody Shelley after the nice chemistry he showed with Prust last year.

We haven't gone into a regular season without an enforcer in a very long time, I would expect that to continue.

I just hope the next one is a good cycle hockey player to fit Tort's style.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

good luck to him but he was of little value on this team.

DoTheBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Who is Prust going to protect now?