HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 1: New York vs Washington (Game 1: Wed @ 7:30 MSG+, VS)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 06:12 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
How do you know when game 1 is? Is the schedule out?

04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
I really want to beat them now reading their board. They seem to think every Ranger player is going to have a bad series. It's completely laughable.
You have to realize 9 out of 10 capital fans nowadays just found out about hockey 3 years ago. They have no clue what they are talking about. The capitals have the biggest bandwagon fanbase in the history of sports.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think I would hate the fanbase of EVERY playoff team in the east if they played us. Except maybe Buffalo.

I dunno caps fans are pretty bad, most of them didn't start showing up until 2008.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
How do you know when game 1 is? Is the schedule out?
Schedule is released on NHL Network at 10pm.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
You have to realize 9 out of 10 capital fans nowadays just found out about hockey 3 years ago. They have no clue what they are talking about. The capitals have the biggest bandwagon fanbase in the history of sports.
the penguins say hello. as do the chicago bulls of back in the day

Old
04-10-2011, 06:18 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I dunno caps fans are pretty bad, most of them didn't start showing up until 2008.
Pittsburgh gives them a run for their money, and then of course you have "WAAH THE RANGERS ARE BORING AND TRAP" big bad broon's fans, and then you have philly and habs fans which doesn't need to be explained.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:21 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I really hate bandwagon fanbases like the Caps fanbase, so I would love for our boys to take them out. Would be nice.

Not holding my breath.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:30 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Pittsburgh gives them a run for their money, and then of course you have "WAAH THE RANGERS ARE BORING AND TRAP" big bad broon's fans, and then you have philly and habs fans which doesn't need to be explained.
I hear ya, but three of those fanbases stick with their teams, even when they lose. Bruins, canadiens, and flyer fans are passionate, but they are knowledgeable too and that is a big difference IMO. Plus I think living here makes a difference as well.

Anyway, enough of that, let just win!!!!
LGR!!!!!!

Old
04-10-2011, 06:33 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
The top 3 worst kinds of fans in my opinion are Penguins "fans", Capitals "fans", and Devils "fans", so I would love to dispose of the caps for sure. I absolutely hate Philly fans, they are some of the lowest forms of life on earth, but for the most part I've found that they know their stuff when it comes to hockey and they're good fans

Old
04-10-2011, 06:34 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
In regards to specialty teams, I'm thinking the opposite. I'm actually hoping that whoever we play gives us no power plays! In all realism, is there anyone else here that thinks one of the reasons we were able to at so well yesterday is because we DIDN'T have any?

I'd be interested to see a chart that shows our games won plotted against how many pps we had. Would be funny to see if the fewer we had, the better we did lol.
Welcome back folks game 7 of the Eastern Conference semi finals between the rangers and lightning. During the break St. louis started doing an irish jig on the ice let's take you down to the ice to see OH! Oh my god St. Louis just crumbled in a heap he blew out his knee AND he was assessed an unsportsmanlike penalty. What's this the Rangers are declining??? This is a first I've never seen a team take this strategy especially in OT THEY SCORE!!!!! Declining the penalty seemed to have given the rangers new life and they scored the Rangers are headed to the Stanley cup Finals where they will face...who cares the rangers are iN!!!!!

Old
04-10-2011, 06:35 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Welcome back folks game 7 of the Eastern Conference semi finals between the rangers and lightning. During the break St. louis started doing an irish jig on the ice let's take you down to the ice to see OH! Oh my god St. Louis just crumbled in a heap he blew out his knee AND he was assessed an unsportsmanlike penalty. What's this the Rangers are declining??? This is a first I've never seen a team take this strategy especially in OT THEY SCORE!!!!! Declining the penalty seemed to have given the rangers new life and they scored the Rangers are headed to the Stanley cup Finals where they will face...who cares the rangers are iN!!!!!
Logic Error lol I'm loaded with typos lately. Anyway on a serious ntoe our PP is serviceable. maybe slightly below average now. As long as we don't give Wsh a decided PP advantage it will be anyones series.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
SkinsFan09

Caps fan here. Think it will be a tough series. I'd be a little surprised if any team wins in less than 6. Callahan out for the Rangers, Wideman and Poti out for us.

If the Capitals win, I say it's in 5. If the Rangers win, 6. But honestly I have no idea. Both teams are mysterious I think heading in. I don't know how much a of a change our defensive attitude will have and the Rangers, will they come in pumped to get the good end of the stick this year or exhausted mentally. Who knows.

Good luck either way.

PS - Not every Capitals fan is a bandwagon fan, the Capital Centre used to sell out regularly back in the day. But yes, sometimes our fanbase does annoy me with their dumb "it's obvious I didn't know hockey until our 2008 playoff run" nonsense but I guess as long as they stick around when we eventually suck again, it's not a problem you know. Been watching since the days of Oates, Juneau, Kolzig, Hunter, Bondra etc and the days of routinely losing to Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
Caps fan here. Think it will be a tough series. I'd be a little surprised if any team wins in less than 6. Callahan out for the Rangers, Wideman and Poti out for us.

If the Capitals win, I say it's in 5. If the Rangers win, 6. But honestly I have no idea. Both teams are mysterious I think heading in. I don't know how much a of a change our defensive attitude will have and the Rangers, will they come in pumped to get the good end of the stick this year or exhausted mentally. Who knows.

Good luck either way.

PS - Not every Capitals fan is a bandwagon fan, the Capital Centre used to sell out regularly back in the day. But yes, sometimes our fanbase does annoy me with their dumb "it's obvious I didn't know hockey until our 2008 playoff run" nonsense but I guess as long as they stick around when we eventually suck again, it's not a problem you know. Been watching since the days of Oates, Juneau, Kolzig, Hunter, Bondra etc and the days of routinely losing to Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Well good luck to you guys, I don't get the Caps fans that are saying they'll steamroll us you know? It'll be at least a 6 game series. You'd think they'd realize after last year not to take anyone for granted.

Old
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
SkinsFan09

Well, I think the ones that are [saying it'll be a steamroll] are just not knowledgeable period. Every Capitals fan I've talked to is nervous and would've rather had the Canes.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
Well, I think the ones that are [saying it'll be a steamroll] are just not knowledgeable period. Every Capitals fan I've talked to is nervous and would've rather had the Canes.
No offense, but out of all the top teams I personally wanted to play you guys.

I felt like, again no offense, that your team's defense was the weakest of the top 4 Eastern Conference teams and gave our team's poor offensive ability the best chance to score.

I also chose you guys because your superstar players are basically put on one line and 2 years ago Staalsy and Girardi was able to shut them down the first couple of games in the series, other top EC teams have a lot deeper scoring depth.

Again, I am not guaranteeing a series win, and I am not saying that WAS is a slouch, they are a very good team, I just like how we match up against you guys.

04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
bgroban

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Well good luck to you guys, I don't get the Caps fans that are saying they'll steamroll us you know? It'll be at least a 6 game series. You'd think they'd realize after last year not to take anyone for granted.
It doesn't matter if the fans take anything for granted - they're not the ones lacing up the skates. Even if the Caps win in five or six games, doesn't mean they'll have "steamrolled" the Rangers. I expect every game to be a typical playoff battle. Since coming to the Caps, Arnott has been like an on-ice coach for these guys. I've been following the Caps for 30+ years - with Arnott and the added sense of urgency from last season's debacle, I expect the Caps to play inspired hockey like I have never seen before from them.

PS - a bit of a soft spot for the Rangers from living in NYC for 10 years. If the Caps weren't facing you, I'd be pulling for you.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:14 PM
SmokinAlHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
I really want to beat them now reading their board. They seem to think every Ranger player is going to have a bad series. It's completely laughable.
Just as laughable are the Rangers fans thinking that every single Ranger is going to have an immaculate series.

Nobody knows whats going to happen. Despite what the fanbase may believe, the Caps learned last year what happens when you underestimate a team and don't finish a series. Most intelligent hockey fans realize that the Rangers are as much a threat as anybody else, and they can easily beat the Caps if they outwork them, and vice versa. The Rangers have improved in the past two years, but so have the Caps.

I only hope that the Rangers disrespect the Caps as much as their fans do.

But, like I said, none of us what's going to happen, so good luck and have fun watching the battle.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:15 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

stevezipay Steve Zipay
RT @MIKEDUP4NY: @stevezipay @jafagan Game 3 on NBC Sunday afternoon - 3pm
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Old
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAlHere View Post
Just as laughable are the Rangers fans thinking that every single Ranger is going to have an immaculate series.
Nobody knows whats going to happen. Despite what the fanbase may believe, the Caps learned last year what happens when you underestimate a team and don't finish a series. Most intelligent hockey fans realize that the Rangers are as much a threat as anybody else, and they can easily beat the Caps if they outwork them, and vice versa. The Rangers have improved in the past two years, but so have the Caps.

But, like I said, none of us what's going to happen, so good luck and have fun watching the battle.
Who said that?

And lol we respect the Caps.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAlHere View Post

LOL what? Where are you getting all this from?

I expect more from Al Koken...

It's just pain.
Old
04-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

This is an 8th seed-1st seed series.

Who is disrespecting who? Most of us are just thrilled to be here, and are thinking of ways/reasons why the Rangers could possibly advance.

I don't think anyone is thinking we are favorites, or even level with the Caps.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:27 PM
MaximusT

Honestly I just can't see the Caps bowing out until the ECF this year. I've been saying for the past few weeks in those "Who would you rather face" threads, but contrary to popular opinion I think the Caps are the worst possible matchup for us.
For one they're going to be vividly remembering two important things: How horrible that 1st round loss to MTL felt and those two blowout losses earlier in the season. AO is going to do EVERYTHING possible to ensure that there won't be another early playoff exit for the Caps. Think about it, if we beat them it'd be four years in a row without a conference final appearance and for someone as determined as OV and whose arch rival has 2 FINALS appearances and a cup to show for, it would be the utmost of all failures if that happened. This guy will be going 300% to guarantee his team won't lose in the first round again, which is going to make it so much harder for us to stop him. Especially as it's really no secret that the Caps are a MUCH more talented team up front.

With all that said though, I still hope we can make it a 6 or 7 game series if we play the way i know we can. If we start the series playing like we did against the Isles or ATL, praying for Hank to bail us out, then the series can be over as quickly as 4 or 5 games. If we bring a consistent effort and truly play up to our potential then the series should go 6 or 7 games, even w/ out Cally.
Gaborik is going to have to become the go-to guy
Kids like Stepan,AA,Zuke(if he plays),etc are going to have to contribute on the score sheet
Staal + Girardi must play at their best to contain Ovi
and of course Lundy WILL be a beast as usual

As long as they stick to their identity, I'm sure they can bring the series 6/7 games.

Oh yea, and as someone whose watched a lot of Caps games since the lockout, I can honestly say this year's team is nowhere near as scary as the 09 team we played or last year's President's trophy team. Last year especially, they were capable of dominating offensively at will almost, PP was scary as ****. Remember that 17 game winning streak when they were consistently scoring 4-6 goals with tons of contributions from OV,Backstrom,etc
. This year during that 11 game winning streak they had, they were winning mostly close 1 goal games (2-1,3-2,etc) relying insanely on sound D and the trap. If you ask me, much scarier playing an offensively dynamic team like that 09 team or last year's that could EASILY unleash a **** ton of goals at will. Every time that team got a PP you knew that OV was going to tee up a one timer and probably score. this year, i remember something like OV having only one PP goal at home midway through February.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:28 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
I won't lie though. I will disrespect the Caps fans when I get off the Metro each day during the series. They just look bewildered, like no one has talked smack to them before.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Fataldogg

Capitals fans have the notion that we will go out in four or five games. I don't see that at all. That being said, I don't see us winning either. Capitals are probably the toughest team to face in the Conference. The Flyers have been dwindling. We've matched up well against Boston since 05-06.

Capitals will have to work hard for their victors. I don't see this series going any less than 6 or 7. Of course, I see the Caps winning in 6 or 7, but I'm also a pessimistic person.

With Callahan out, it will be tough. Work ethic cannot always win games, and when it comes to talent we cannot match up with them. Henrik will have to stand on his head for us to win a few.

Let's face it guys, they're a Conference winning team 2 out of the last 3 years. They were knocked out by the 8th seed last year. They will be HELL BENT on getting to round 2. If they're knocked out in round one again, Boudreau will be gone and their will be personnel changes to the team.

Old
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I just took a look at the washington board. Seems the rangers shouldn't even show up for this series. In fact this guy seems to think it is baseball where the first round is a best of 5:

"I honestly don't see the Rangers posing any threat at all. Caps in 4, if the Rags are lucky. Book it, Lundqvist will falter."

damn I want to win this series so ****ing badly.
First, heres to a fun and entertaining first round playoff match up. Second, I have read both teams boards and it would appear both are filled with fans that are talking a lot of **** and appear to be a little over confident. To state that just us on the Caps board are the ones with a bad attitude and talking **** is a bit of a stretch. Especially some of you residing in the greater DC area who claim to have the pulse of the Caps fan base.

Every professional sports team has its share of band wagon or fair weather fans. Even the storied Rangers. They just aren't as noticable with you guys because the sheer size of the Rangers fan base drowns them out. I know its wishful thinking on my part to suggest this, but how about keeping the **** talk confined to the actual players and not each other? Much more civilized that way no?

Closed Thread