HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 1: New York vs Washington (Game 1: Wed @ 7:30 MSG+, VS)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
First, heres to a fun and entertaining first round playoff match up. Second, I have read both teams boards and it would appear both are filled with fans that are talking a lot of **** and appear to be a little over confident. To state that just us on the Caps board are the ones with a bad attitude and talking **** is a bit of a stretch. Especially some of you residing in the greater DC area who claim to have the pulse of the Caps fan base.

Every professional sports team has its share of band wagon or fair weather fans. Even the storied Rangers. They just aren't as noticable with you guys because the sheer size of the Rangers fan base drowns them out. I know its wishful thinking on my part to suggest this, but how about keeping the **** talk confined to the actual players and not each other? Much more civilized that way no?
Not to mention everyone on the internet is a tough guy. Leads to some really annoying back and forth. Rangers fans are just as guilty as anyone else.

This will be a good series. I think the Rangers could surprise if they come out and play the way they did in mid March. Capitals are obviously more than capable of taking this thing too.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
SmokinAlHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Who said that?

And lol we respect the Caps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
LOL what? Where are you getting all this from?

I expect more from Al Koken...

I've seen a few posts where *generic Rangers fan* says what needs to happen in order to win (which generally comprises of a lot of "*so-and-so* needs to step up" comments) and then goes on to say how many games it will take for the Rangers to seal the deal. They'll list some question-mark players for the Rangers, state what they'll have to do to help the team win, then place their bets that the Rangers will ultimately win it. Therefore, it's not hard for one to assume that such a fan fully expects that the team will play perfectly, because they're how-to-guide to beating the Caps tends to include fixing all of the problems. No problems = perfection.

I was also making a grand generalization and exaggerating - much like how you all generalize all of the Caps fans and exaggerate how we're all 3-year hockey rookies who think we're gonna sweep the Rangers.

See what I did there?

Old
04-10-2011, 08:02 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I know its wishful thinking on my part to suggest this, but how about keeping the **** talk confined to the actual players and not each other? Much more civilized that way no?
Our fans are welcome to talk as much trash as they'd like on our board.

It's just pain.
Old
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Oh man, just from this thread alone I know this series is gonna be ****ing great.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Still don't think the Rangers pull this out. But anyone who thinks the caps will breeze right through the rangers is in for a real surprise.

I really think it could go either way. Especially if Staal and Girardi step up. The 3-4 days off should really help the Rangers out as well.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAlHere View Post
I've seen a few posts where *generic Rangers fan* says what needs to happen in order to win (which generally comprises of a lot of "*so-and-so* needs to step up" comments) and then goes on to say how many games it will take for the Rangers to seal the deal. They'll list some question-mark players for the Rangers, state what they'll have to do to help the team win, then place their bets that the Rangers will ultimately win it. Therefore, it's not hard for one to assume that such a fan fully expects that the team will play perfectly, because they're how-to-guide to beating the Caps tends to include fixing all of the problems. No problems = perfection.

I was also making a grand generalization and exaggerating - much like how you all generalize all of the Caps fans and exaggerate how we're all 3-year hockey rookies who think we're gonna sweep the Rangers.

See what I did there?
He was saying what this team needs to do to win. Funny how you're the epitome of a bandwagon caps fan. You start watching hockey this year, last year, 3 years ago?

I also find it hilarious that your first 3 posts are on the Rangers board.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

It is playoff season. There will be no mercy on trolling.

You all know how to behave on another teams board, as do others that post here.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:37 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
stevezipay Steve Zipay
RT @MIKEDUP4NY: @stevezipay @jafagan Game 3 on NBC Sunday afternoon - 3pm
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
As soon as the full schedule is released, can someone post here? I feel like it will be posted here before the official release at 10.

04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
It is playoff season. There will be no mercy on trolling.

You all know how to behave on another teams board, as do others that post here.
Damn, you guys let me have no fun!

04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAlHere View Post
I only hope that the Rangers disrespect the Caps as much as their fans do.

I respect the Caps. I do not respect their fans.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Yea, I actually like the caps as a team.

I think Ovie is a funny dude, I like Green, Backstrom, and Carlson.

I just want revenge on them in the most civilized way.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
I respect the Caps. I do not respect their fans.
Playoff season brings out the best laughs. And the worst (best ) trolls.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:43 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Green on the ice pisses me off. He's like Pronger, he gets away with a **** ton of crosschecks.

04-10-2011, 08:43 PM
SkinsFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSportsfan6230 View Post
No offense, but out of all the top teams I personally wanted to play you guys.

I felt like, again no offense, that your team's defense was the weakest of the top 4 Eastern Conference teams and gave our team's poor offensive ability the best chance to score.

I also chose you guys because your superstar players are basically put on one line and 2 years ago Staalsy and Girardi was able to shut them down the first couple of games in the series, other top EC teams have a lot deeper scoring depth.

Again, I am not guaranteeing a series win, and I am not saying that WAS is a slouch, they are a very good team, I just like how we match up against you guys.
We finished 4th in goals against with defensive injuries throughout the second half of the season and 3rd in penalty killing. If anything, I'm worried our powerplay will continue to sputter.

I was also worried about depth before the deadline but the third line of Fehr-Johansson-Sturm (what it'll probably be) looks to be a good scoring threat with two proven 20 goal scorers. First two lines speak for themselves.

And I don't like our matchup with New York.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:44 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

And plus my buddy actually works for the caps so I can't really hate them too much.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
please tell me this game will be aired on MSG also, i cant listen to the Versus announcers for 3 periods

Old
04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I actually love the caps and had they not been playing the Rangers I would have been rooting for them to come out of the East.

My families second home was in D.C. growing up, so i've been following them since the 90's. I still remember the Dale Hunter/Pat Peake/Joey Juneau/Petr Bondra days.

That being said, I hope the Rangers **** all over the Caps.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
please tell me this game will be aired on MSG also, i cant listen to the Versus announcers for 3 periods
Chances are if it's on VS it won't be on MSG.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
Especially since Versus will have the Caps announcer do the game so it will be biased as anything, despite them claiming its not.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:51 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

First round is exclusive to MSG unless it's on NBC. Versus will be blacked out unless you're out of market.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:51 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I just hope the Rangers dont feel "lucky" to be in the playoffs, like the Lightning did them a favor and now they are playing with house money.

The Rangers busted their ass to get to the playoffs, won 44 games and had a pretty damn good run at the end to secure it. They deserved to be here imo, unlike last season when i thought they didnt.

They need to approach each game like they approached each road game throughout the season. Keep it close, defend well, block shots and capitalize (no pun intended) on the big chances. Of course not having Cally hurts. Im still sick to my stomach about that. But they have enough firepower to get hot and make some noise.

For me, this series for the Rangers rests on the shoulders of three men.

1. Henrik Lundqvist

Obviously, we are going to need a stellar performance from a all-world and possible Vezona nominee goaltender. He's going to have to better than the 14-16, 2.66 and .907 playoff record he's compiled thus far. Its almost a given hell have to steal a game or two and stand on his head if the Rangers want to make it to the next round. The key thing with Hank is shutting the door and finishing a series. Hell have his game or two were hell shine, but he needs to say enough is enough and simply do everything in his power to not allow that one big crushing goal to get by him like it has in years past. I believe in Henrik, because i know its in him. I just REALLY want to SEE it at this level. Hes not a youngen anymore. Hes at the zenith of his career these next few seasons. The Rangers need him to take a series like this to get his confidence for the future.

2. Marian Gaborik

Still waiting for this guy to snap back into the Gaborik of early last year. Unfortunately, i think we'll be left hanging like a majority of this year. But if he decides to show up and be himself, and start scoring those game-breaking goals he started to a month ago (then stopped) - this Rangers team will take on a completely different complexion and will make a tough team even tougher to play against.

3. Marc Staal

You can lump him together with Girardi as a pair, but specifically Marc has to be splendid - every game - to make it through. Hell be directly competing with Ovechkin for a week and hell have to shut him down - not just 3 games this time - but 4. I also think his game has tailed off a bit due to the injury. Hopefully he gets back on track and raises his game to a level we havent seen yet. That includes offense. Hes taken another step offensively this year and he has the ability to make an impression on the scoreboard this series. I wouldnt be surprised if theres a big goal in his future somewhere down the line here.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Fataldogg

Do people here legitimately think we are steam rolling the Caps? I was just on their forum, and a fan told me that Ranger fans have the impression that we will dominate them? Seriously guys, IDK how anyone can have that preconceived notion. If we were to win, it would be in desperate seven game set.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
First round is exclusive to MSG unless it's on NBC. Versus will be blacked out unless you're out of market.
nice so we do get to hear Sam and Joe announcing yayyyyyyyyyyy

Old
04-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Early on, but if Game 4 is on the 19th, which looks likely at this point, will anyone be interested in possibly switching tickets for Game 3? I have a game on the 19th, and don't know if I'd be able to get to MSG on time. Obviously I'd skip the game, but if anyone wants to switch...let me know. My tickets are in 411 Row F.

Old
04-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Do people here legitimately think we are steam rolling the Caps? I was just on their forum, and a fan told me that Ranger fans have the impression that we will dominate them? Seriously guys, IDK how anyone can have that preconceived notion. If we were to win, it would be in desperate seven game set.
There will always be blind homerism on an online forum. That being said, most of the Caps board believes the rangers will be stomped on by the Caps, which i don't see being the case.

Closed Thread