HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Montreal Canadiens: A detailed seasonís analysis

Old
04-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
2010-11 Montreal Canadiens: A detailed seasonís analysis

With the NHL playoffs just around the corner, the time has come to analyse the Canadiensí season and try to determine what the team needs to do in hope to make any noise heading into the important season.

Coming into the 2010-11 season, following a Cinderella run in last yearís playoffs, the expectations were high for the Canadiens and so were the hopes of taking the next step. The loss of Glen Metropolit was compensated with the acquisition of Jeff Halpern, and everyone was excited to see what kind of impact young Lars Eller, the key player acquired in return for Jaroslav Halak, would have on the team. Subban had shown what he could do, Andrei Markov was coming back healthy, both helping solidify Montrealís defensive core.

Full blog including stats...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Habskrieg

That's a nice recap. My main concern in the playoffs is our discipline. I personally feel that is what's been a major drain on our offense. Its like you said, being on the PK a lot takes the wind out from our better offensive players. I think the our offensive production during the season would have been much better had we not taken soo many penalties (including all those majorly retarded ones we took when we were on the PP, we had too many of those). I know we don't have huge point players, but they can score, we know it.

I also hope some of our younger players and Gomez will step up. Gomez waking up is a given why. He's been playing better since his talk with BG. But at times, it does look like he's still having confidence issues. I hope he sees the POs as a chance for a restart... again... And our younger players, well, I think we can need a solid presence from Eller, Pouliot and AK. Ak has been playing great lately. Pouliot has been invisible, again for a while now. And Eller, well, he's been giving it all he's got, I think he may have improved his speed and physicality too.

Our major success will probably come from a similar performance as last year. Strong D, strong goalie. No doubt we can trust Price. And we do have good D-men. Let's just hope that we can stay out of our zone more this year. Bruins know how to take advantage of any occasion.

Its going to be an intense and emotionally wrecking series. But as we know it, no match up beats Habs vs Bruins.

Go Habs Go!

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 07:33 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
That's a nice recap. My main concern in the playoffs is our discipline. I personally feel that is what's been a major drain on our offense.
It doesn't help that we are one of the most penalized teams in the league (minor penalties).

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Exactly. When you spend that much time killing penalties and you have guys like Plekanec and Gionta on the ice in a defensive role that much in a game, you're taxing them. Once the penalty is over, you then have to rest them, taking away from more time to attack...

Some pretty telling stats in there. While I was expecting some of them, others surprised me a bit to.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote