HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 NHL Entry Draft/Other Prospects (All NON-RANGERS Prospect Discussion - Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
TrollololBoyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
It's also possible they move down, if they miss out on their targets. I imagine the Oilers with the 19th pick might be a possibility.
I wouldn't mind trading down for an extra pick next year.

Old
04-11-2011, 06:32 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

During the Richards trade deadline speculation,Arthur Staple gave a hint about the Rangers views on this draft.

Quote:
According to sources, the Rangers -- like the Predators, who surrendered a first-rounder for Mike Fisher, and the Flyers, who gave up their first for Kris Versteeg -- may be willing to part with their first-round pick in a June draft that is deep among the top 10 or so, but drops off considerably after that.
http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.2707602

Swapping #15 and #45 can get them up to #10 or #11. If Clark and Gorton think it's a 10 player draft,one of their guys will be there at #10-#11. Teams have different views on players. After the first 6-8 picks,every team has a different board. The late EJ McGuire talked about that on NHL Live earlier this season.

The Rangers would still have the Caps late 2nd. They don't have a 3rd,6th and 7th.

Old
04-11-2011, 07:25 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
It's also possible they move down, if they miss out on their targets. I imagine the Oilers with the 19th pick might be a possibility.
It's possible, but, I can't remember the last time the Rangers traded down in the 1st round.

Old
04-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
During the Richards trade deadline speculation,Arthur Staple gave a hint about the Rangers views on this draft.

Swapping #15 and #45 can get them up to #10 or #11. If Clark and Gorton think it's a 10 player draft,one of their guys will be there at #10-#11. Teams have different views on players. After the first 6-8 picks,every team has a different board. The late EJ McGuire talked about that on NHL Live earlier this season.

The Rangers would still have the Caps late 2nd. They don't have a 3rd,6th and 7th.
To me there are two options in this draft:

1) Move the pick for someone established

2) Trade up

This just shows again how poor this draft is according to scouts. Yet some on here will continue to believe it's deep and great and lovely. Keep dreaming, guys.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:10 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
The Avs get the Blues pick if its a top 10 pick. They have a 1.5% chance of winning the lottery.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...ckbuster/6537/
how do you figure?

Quote:
if the Blues finish among the top 10 worst teams by the end of the year, they have the option to postpone giving a first-round pick to Colorado until 2012.
I'm reading that is if it's a top 10 pick, they can tell the Avs they are keeping the pick and the Avs will get their 2012 1st instead, even if that one is a higher pick. And that is an option so it sounds like they can hold onto it until it's their turn to pick to see who is still on the board and if their player is gone, yield it to the Avs. If they don't win the lottery and it stays at 11, the Avs automatically get the pick.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If the Rangers could deal their first this year and pick up a first next year, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Unless Murphy falls big time.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Ola

Quote:
Debbies win took them from #6 to #8

Only the top 5 teams can win the lottery to get #1 pick. Can only move up 4 spots.

1-Oilers
2-Avs
3-Florida
4-Islanders
5-Ottawa
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6-Atlanta
7-Columbus
8-Debbies
9-Wild
10-Bruins(Toronto)
11-Avs
12-Canes
13-Flames
14-Stars or Hawks
-------------------------Playoff teams--------------------------------------------------------------------------
15-RANGERS
16-Sabres
17-Habs
18-Hawks or Stars
19-Oilers(Kings)
20-Coyotes
21-Ottawa(Nashville)
22-Anaheim
23-TB
24-Pittsburgh
--------------------------Picks #25-#30 Division winners-----------------------------------------------------
25-Leafs(Boston)
26-Wings
27-SJ
28-Leafs(Philly)
29-Caps
30-Canucks

Last 4 picks are based on the conference finalists.

Same draft order in each round.

Rangers 2nd second round pick(Caps pick via Carolina)will be between #25-#30 in the 2nd round. Actually,#26-#31 or #56-#61 because the 2nd round will have an extra 2nd round pick(#50). Habs didn't sign their #1 pick in 2006 David Fischer so they received a comp pick which was traded to the Islanders for James Wisniewski.
I must remind you that we could end up with the 30th overall pick!

Old
04-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

2) Trade up

This just shows again how poor this draft is according to scouts. Yet some on here(exaggerate much?) will continue to believe it's deep and great and lovely(find one comment that remotely resembles this, just ONE). Keep dreaming, guys.
Again, it may not look that hot but thats cause you assume you know exactly how these players will develop at age 17 or 18. That makes you look like a fool, sorry, but it does as long as you continue to downplay a draft where in we could pick players that could matter to a franchise who has lost half its first rounders in the last decade to trade/bust/death/injury.

Every pick counts, even in a bad draft a team can walk away with a difference maker, all I have to back that up is history.

Old
04-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Ola

Quote:

At the same time, the US, the Canadian and the Swedish hockeyprograms are red-hot right now, and produce great players on a regular basis. Mika Zinbanejad for us not in the know came out of no-where really.

My point is just, there is players -- and probably very good players -- to be had in this draft too after the top 10. All you need to do is your home-work.

Old
04-11-2011, 02:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Would you rather deal our #15 and #45 to move up four spots to say #11...or pick at #15 and then trade our #45 and #58 (or whatever the Caps pick eventually becomes) to move up to #31 - #35 to take a shot on a guy like Grimaldi IF he's still on the board? I say if because it's looking more and more likely that someone decides his upside it too high to not take a chance on him with their first round pick.

Old
04-11-2011, 02:53 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

i would have absolutely no problem moving this years 1st rounder for someone who can step in and help us score some freekin goals. we have some very nice prospects in the system but no one who will help us win games next season. and no, i dont think ck or thomas will help next year.

we need immediate help scoring goals. thats our number one priority off season imo.

and im still 50-50 on throwing gigantic money at richards.

having said that, while i agree that this draft lacks depth in terms of top 6 offensive talent, there still is talent. as ola said, you need to do your homework on these guys or be prepared to live with a few warts initially.

we are in need of an impact offensive player who can step in right away and play for us. there really isnt anyone we will be able to draft that fits that bill and in fact, this draft is void of that kinda guy for the most part anyway. however, there are a fer guys that i do like better than others.

trading away the 1st this year for someone who can score is ok with me as long as they are young and have the ability to shoot the puck.

otherwise, i still like

zbad- slick hands, great wheels. overall 2 way game and intangibles off the charts.
koko-game changing offensive talent. not afraid to compete for pucks. pp sniper.
puemple- sniper. shooter. finisher. injury concern but that drops him in our lap.
catenacci- best wheels in the draft. great playmakers. dangerous pk guy. plays big.
jacobs-right handed pivot. 2 way game. plays with an edge. hard shot and solid skills.

those guys arent going to help next year though.

Old
04-11-2011, 02:57 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If we can move some picks to get a scoring winger and then sign Richards, i'll consider the draft a success too.

I've become a fan of Mika. Hope we nab him.

Old
04-11-2011, 08:15 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:

I agree -- if the Rangers see someone dropping, up they could go. The team that really has a need for more prospect quantity is the Wild. They could be good trade up partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
If the Rangers could deal their first this year and pick up a first next year, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Unless Murphy falls big time.
I don't think anyone is going to be anxious to move a 2012 pick.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Mika is one of the few prospects I know next to nothing about. Can anyone describe his game and potential upside for me

Old
04-11-2011, 11:49 PM
ecemleafs

whats the scouting report on zack phillips and mark mcneill? both appear to be rated around the 15th pick.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Again, it may not look that hot but thats cause you assume you know exactly how these players will develop at age 17 or 18. That makes you look like a fool, sorry, but it does as long as you continue to downplay a draft where in we could pick players that could matter to a franchise who has lost half its first rounders in the last decade to trade/bust/death/injury.

Every pick counts, even in a bad draft a team can walk away with a difference maker, all I have to back that up is history.
True, but the gamble is just that much higher. I would much rather move the pick for an established player than risk it on a crapshoot of a draft like this.

Man, sometimes you are so out to lunch. There is a reason teams are moving picks in this draft like no one's business. You sit there and call me a fool when you are the one who has no idea what he is talking about. Scouts around the league feel this is a very subpar draft. I guess you know more than they do, eh, BN? Pray tell, why are you not employed by a NHL team right now as a scout if you know so much more than them?

Why would the team not move a first round pick on an established player in a situation such as this? It would be foolish to NOT do that if the chance arose for a suitable player.

Old
04-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

MY main roots are with Devs organization folks, I never had a shot

It'll be interesting to see if your theory that this year more teams will trade out of the first round, more than usual. My guess is it will be no more no less than usual. Teams in a win now mode trade, those teams rebuilding/retooling/cash strapped don't.

Trading high draft picks for a difference maker is one thing, but no one has mentioned who this mystery savior that's totally available for a 15th overall pick in a weak draft is?? Give me some names as to who and then we'll go down that road.

Look at our first round draft record. Not too hot over the last ten years and probably one of the reasons we hang on to 8th spots year in year out at this point in Sather's never ending story. Giving up more young players to win now with this bunch should be for a player who takes things up a notch.

The draft is a crapshoot? The crapshoot got us who again? Henke, Cally, Dubi, Staal, Stepan, Anisimov, Sauer, etc

Christian Thomas? Meh, he was a 2nd rounder last year, could have easily traded that pick for a win now player, would that have been a good idea?

Old
04-12-2011, 06:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
how do you figure?

I'm reading that is if it's a top 10 pick, they can tell the Avs they are keeping the pick and the Avs will get their 2012 1st instead, even if that one is a higher pick. And that is an option so it sounds like they can hold onto it until it's their turn to pick to see who is still on the board and if their player is gone, yield it to the Avs. If they don't win the lottery and it stays at 11, the Avs automatically get the pick.
I corrected that in the draft order.

Old
04-12-2011, 06:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post

2) Trade up

This just shows again how poor this draft is according to scouts. Yet some on here will continue to believe it's deep and great and lovely. Keep dreaming, guys.
With the Rangers cap issues,how are they paying the established player? The cap will be a tight fit with the group II's and trying to sign Richards.

Old
04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
With the Rangers cap issues,how are they paying the established player? The cap will be a tight fit with the group II's and trying to sign Richards.
Great point. If anything, they should be looking to move "established" players who are still under contract, like Wolski and his extremely overpaid ass.

Old
04-12-2011, 09:24 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Very unlikely but i want to get Joel Armia.

Old
04-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
I think either we move UP, or move to next years draft. I see no sense in keeping this pick if theres no one on the board, and like RB pointed out, were tight on capspace unless Drury retires which Im starting to think is less and less likely after his return and the desire he still shows.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Very unlikely but i want to get Joel Armia.
He's all over the map with scouts. Some feel like he doesn't have the drive, and others feel he had a mediocre WJC due to the lack of talent around him. I think he'll go in the 11-15 range, and if he's there at 15, I could see the Rangers taking him because he's a real boom or bust pick. However, I can't see them trying to move up to get him.

I still really like Mark Scheifele, but could see a guy like McNeil as a possible target as well. Rumor is that Edmonton is really high on McNeil, so there might be the possibility for a deal there if the Rangers are looking for someone established, or --however unlikely it might be --move down to pick up an additional pick.

Old
04-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I think, based on Minnesota's finish, that they will grab Armia much like they did Granlund.

If we can't get a better pick, someone is bound to fall to 15. None of the "big 9" But there are some good kids.

Old
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Doesn't have to be an established player. Move him for an established prospect, even. Someone who we can figure out better than someone in this draft.

This draft is legitimately scary. The depth of it is just God-awful.

Closed Thread