HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Boogaard is done as a NY Ranger

Old
04-11-2011, 09:16 AM
CM PUNK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Would like to see Konopka here..doubt it though. Very similar to Prust. Can play, fight, hit..fits the mold of the team.
depends of course on our center situation, if we land richards to go with anisimov, stepan and boyle. does boyle go back to the 4th line? or does someone get traded or moved to wing?

if you feel that boyle can't be buried back on the 4th line, then konopka becomes a great canidate to fill that role. tough & physical (307pim, 110 hits), 52 blocked shots, 57.7% on faceoffs which was a problem for us all year, and kills penalties.

not sure he'd have any interest in coming here cause he seems like a guy that as an islander will forever hate the rangers lol and the isles would be stupid to let him go, but if we are looking for a 4th line center he'd be a great fit.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Kenopka i think will stay in NY. Supposedly teammates and staff ove the guy.

Rypien is an excellent fighter. Maybe the best all around brawler in the game, but...Manahattan can be a tough place to live if you are battling some demons. I hope he finds a better place and gets back into the game.

Eager I would hate to see here. Not a fan.

Boulton gets the job done, and has also gotten better with age, but I fear the aging enforcer as NY seems to be the place where older brawlers come to die!

Tanner Glass could be an option. Not a true heavy but a scrappy kid.

Koci is a true heavyweight. Adds a legit presence, and is good at what he does.

MacIntyre is future heavyweight champ. Skates in sand, but he'll whoop some ass!

Rupp is good choice. He can go with the heavies, and dominate the middleweights. More importantly he can play a regular shift. If the next concept is team toughness he may be your guy.

Godard is a true heavy like Koci and Mac. He's always been a great fighter and a guy that abides by the code for the most part.

Mayers is am not a fan of at all

Janssen lost a step this season but is still a good fighter. Just fallsinto that category of too small to be a legit heavy, and too ineffective as a player to be a second tier guy or a middleweight.

DEFENSE

Bieksa would be number 1 for me. I love what he brings, as he can impose his will. He can play the body, but he also can prodvide a decent shot from the point. From a toughess standpoint or strictly as a fighter he has KO power and he wins far more than he loses. Of course, cap restrictions will factor here so I don't excpect to see him in a Rangers sweater. Now...Toronto is another story. Burke loves him, and he's got lots of cap room to spend.

Preissing is a pillow, not sure why he is on this list.

Vandermeer just got better with age. I give him credit. I think I would pass though for age reasons and the uncertainty that he would fit here like he does in Edmonton. Different system.

Shane O'Brien I am a fan of. Wanted him a couple seasons ago. Could come as a cheap date.

Steve Montador IMO is going to command more. But for the cap hit...I definately question the return.

Lastly...I still like the idea of Bissionette. He is still signed so he would have to be traded for. But...a late rounder could do it. At 600k cap hit he is certainy affordable and can sit against teams that don't dress too many tough guys. Against the Isles, get him in there. Against the Pens and Philly get him in there. Against Buffalo, against Florida, Tampa leave him out etc. He and Prust would ge the job done and not hurt your club.
I remember when Biznasty was waived by the Pens, I was hoping we would claim him...but Yotes beat us to the punch.

Presising was a goof on my part.

I agree with everything you said except Koci, I don't like him for some reason.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Giacomin

Lets just get someone who can do Boogards job!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:54 AM
NYR Viper

I'll take Konopka in a heart-beat. The guy not only is a very good fighter, but he drops the gloves all the time, is one of the best face-off men in the NHL and is a good PKer.

I think Jordan Tootoo will be available in the off-season as well. He would be solid acquisition.

I'm a BIG Rypien fan, although if he is fighting demons, NYC is not the place for him.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I'll take Konopka in a heart-beat. The guy not only is a very good fighter, but he drops the gloves all the time, is one of the best face-off men in the NHL and is a good PKer.

I think Jordan Tootoo will be available in the off-season as well. He would be solid acquisition.
I'm a BIG Rypien fan, although if he is fighting demons, NYC is not the place for him.
I like the idea of Tootoo as well. Think he's the kind of player that can make some noise in his limited icetime and also provides the role of agitator as well. He's a pain in the ass to play against. Not sure what the plan is with Avery, he's signed for one more but uncle Larry seems to think he may be gone. If so, Tootoo could be a solid replacement.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
What is his job?

This team didn't need him when they had him and never missed him when they didn't.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
clmetsfan

I'm a big fan of NHL fighting, but for the love of god, please don't let us sign another person who's primary job is to fight. This team has built enough of an identity with with four lines who can all play 10+ minutes a game, forecheck, and play productively in all zones. The last thing we need is another big, slow guy who hurts you if he gets more than 5 minutes of ice time.

In other words, a guy's prowess with the gloves off should be low on the priority scale when looking at the FA pool this summer.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Get Rupp so he stops scoring on us at MSG. Thats one more home win vs the Pens booked

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I'll take Konopka in a heart-beat. The guy not only is a very good fighter, but he drops the gloves all the time, is one of the best face-off men in the NHL
Is that true?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris6net View Post
I'd rather have Parise

Old
04-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

How about Zack Stortini? RFA, split time between Edmonton and OKC this year.

Frozen North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
The Caps are breathing a big sigh of relief, after his break away slapper goal they can rest easy this series now

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
I'd rather have Parise
Doesn't he have 1 more year to go before he hits UFA status?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen North View Post
How about Zack Stortini? RFA, split time between Edmonton and OKC this year.
Oh God no! That guy is a bigger punching bag than Voros.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Doesn't he have 1 more year to go before he hits UFA status?
yes, and patience is a virtue... and we get to see if his injury is fully recoverable...

Parise - Stepan - Gabby

Old
04-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I'm sure Paul Holmgren will sign him for something like 4 years at 3 mil per, as soon as he can

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Is that true?
Yeah, Konopka is terrific on draws. He was fourth in the league this year at 57.7%. Behind Gaustad, Malhotra and Steckel.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Is that true?
He was 8th in percentage out of players who took 300+ faceoffs. Mind you, Konopka took over 1000. He was 57.7% throughout the season.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I vote "NO" for a pure goon.

04-11-2011, 01:44 PM
ClintEastw00d

Devils have a lot of cap space

Quote:
yes, and patience is a virtue... and we get to see if his injury is fully recoverable...

Parise - Stepan - Gabby

Give how much cap space the Devils will have and the fact that Parise is a RFA, there is about a 1% chance the Rangers get Parise before he's 35.

And poor Boogard.

ClintEastw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Where'd you read this? I'm pretty sure he was close to being a Ranger in the offseason, read he was minutes away from accepting our offer.
I got the info off of the TSN show on/or around the date of the post below . I'm sure others on here that have the show available to them also saw it . I posted the info a few months back . He might have only been close to signing with NY to get a better deal out of the Senators...agents do drop false info from time to time and let the media do what they want with it to spur on negotiations to get a higher salary .

Here is a link from the Trade Deadline . You might have to delve further to find the list that I posted . Some of the teams he would not accept a trade for were kind of surprising IMO as it was to others here at that time . In all honesty...I personally think he would play here...if he got a contract extension and raise . I'll search a bit more to find the list of teams he won't play for and will post when I have a chance...some of us do work ! LOL

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post31045055

Post # 560 from here shows 9 of the teams . http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...0#post31044760

Last edited by Leetch66: 04-11-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
skg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Kenopka i think will stay in NY. Supposedly teammates and staff ove the guy.

Rypien is an excellent fighter. Maybe the best all around brawler in the game, but...Manahattan can be a tough place to live if you are battling some demons. I hope he finds a better place and gets back into the game.

Eager I would hate to see here. Not a fan.

Boulton gets the job done, and has also gotten better with age, but I fear the aging enforcer as NY seems to be the place where older brawlers come to die!

Tanner Glass could be an option. Not a true heavy but a scrappy kid.

Koci is a true heavyweight. Adds a legit presence, and is good at what he does.

MacIntyre is future heavyweight champ. Skates in sand, but he'll whoop some ass!

Rupp is good choice. He can go with the heavies, and dominate the middleweights. More importantly he can play a regular shift. If the next concept is team toughness he may be your guy.

Godard is a true heavy like Koci and Mac. He's always been a great fighter and a guy that abides by the code for the most part.

Mayers is am not a fan of at all

Janssen lost a step this season but is still a good fighter. Just fallsinto that category of too small to be a legit heavy, and too ineffective as a player to be a second tier guy or a middleweight.

DEFENSE

Bieksa would be number 1 for me. I love what he brings, as he can impose his will. He can play the body, but he also can prodvide a decent shot from the point. From a toughess standpoint or strictly as a fighter he has KO power and he wins far more than he loses. Of course, cap restrictions will factor here so I don't excpect to see him in a Rangers sweater. Now...Toronto is another story. Burke loves him, and he's got lots of cap room to spend.

Preissing is a pillow, not sure why he is on this list.

Vandermeer just got better with age. I give him credit. I think I would pass though for age reasons and the uncertainty that he would fit here like he does in Edmonton. Different system.

Shane O'Brien I am a fan of. Wanted him a couple seasons ago. Could come as a cheap date.

Steve Montador IMO is going to command more. But for the cap hit...I definately question the return.

Lastly...I still like the idea of Bissionette. He is still signed so he would have to be traded for. But...a late rounder could do it. At 600k cap hit he is certainy affordable and can sit against teams that don't dress too many tough guys. Against the Isles, get him in there. Against the Pens and Philly get him in there. Against Buffalo, against Florida, Tampa leave him out etc. He and Prust would ge the job done and not hurt your club.

You're bang on in your assessments of all these players. Well done, sir.

skg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:08 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I'd take Biznasty, if only for his great attitude (plus his Twitter as a Ranger would probably be brilliant.)

I don't just want a guy here to fight, though.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:42 PM
NYR Viper

Chris Neil
Jordan Tootoo
Derek Dorsett
Zenon Konopka
Rick Rypien
Mike Brown

I want Sather to go out and sign/trade for a player of like that.

Prust-Konopka-Boyle

Prust-Boyle-Dorsett

Prust-Boyle-Neil

Those are legitimate energy lines that will be VERY hard to play against.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
ogie

So if Boogs is done will glen sather try to go 3 for 3 with horrible enforcer signing?

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote