HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mats Zuccarello status (4/18: Sent back down)

Old
04-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Can't believe we're using the "He was on the bench all game" excuse for not succeeding in a shootout.
Its certainly not good to sit on a bench before a SO.

The ice is sheitty and you can look real bad in a hurry in the shootout. Especially if you are sat for 30 minutes to think about it.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Loffen
Hadouken!

Zuke finished the season with:

42 GP | 6 G | 17 A | 23 Pts + 5 SO goals

It's a respectable rookie season IMO. Being a small guy straight out from the SEL and all. Linus Omark went 5-20-25 in 50 GP.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Dagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post

It's a respectable rookie season IMO. Being a small guy straight out from the SEL and all. Linus Omark went 5-20-25 in 50 GP.
That's not too shabby for a rookie season. I'd rather have seen him in the AHL for the NHL games where he only saw a couple of minutes of ice time though.

He hasn't been sent down again for the AHL playoffs?

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:11 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagh View Post
He hasn't been sent down again for the AHL playoffs?
No, there is no announcements so far about Zucca being sent down. They have a game tonight, and if it was an intention for Rangers to let Zuccarello play as much as possible with the Whale, I would guess they would have wanted him to play tonights game, even if they have clinched a playoff spot already.

I won´t be surprised if Torts considers Zuke usefull against
an opponent as Washington.....

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Will Zuke really be a part of the playoffs team? Looks like it since he's not sent back down, great for him. He's here to play if he stays, I don't think they will sit him. Who will, Avery? Will be interesting to see how Zuke and his lack of size will handle the playoffs.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Will Zuke really be a part of the playoffs team? Looks like it since he's not sent back down, great for him. He's here to play if he stays, I don't think they will sit him. Who will, Avery? Will be interesting to see how Zuke and his lack of size will handle the playoffs.
I'd rather have Avery in the lineup than Zuc, but I think he'll play a game or two.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I'd rather have Avery in the lineup than Zuc, but I think he'll play a game or two.
Why?

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:24 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
why so he can cost us a game like he did in 09 taking all those stupid penalties leading to him being benched in game 5? The one i wasted over $200 to drive down to Washington to watch us get our ***** kicked? Yeah no thanks bench his ass hes useless

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Well, he certainly outdid Linus Klasen, who, to me, was his most comparable competition going into this season.

Omark too, is another good one.

I'm not sure what Zucc's future with this team is, but if he can continue to get better, considering he is already a .5 PPG guy i'm sure he can find a spot.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:26 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well, he certainly outdid Linus Klasen, who, to me, was his most comparable competition going into this season.

Omark too, is another good one.

I'm not sure what Zucc's future with this team is, but if he can continue to get better, considering he is already a .5 PPG guy i'm sure he can find a spot.
Agreed on MZA being able to stick in the NHL.

I know that the large part of the recall was out of desperation, but I think it says volumes about how well Rangers' management thinks of him that, just over 1 week after it looked like that was all she wrote for him this season, they would turn to him in a time of need like that.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 11:48 PM
useref15

I saw Zucc running around on 34th street at about 4:30 on Saturday and I shouted his name, but he just kept running.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post

Don't forget his 29 points in 39 games for the whales in Ahl and it sure looks like he had a pretty good season..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
I saw Zucc running around on 34th street at about 4:30 on Saturday and I shouted his name, but he just kept running.
He probably considered straight out running, as you were probably some mugger. Or, he didn't hear you.

Zuke's first season was certainly an acceptable one, although I would've hoped he would've performed better. I guess it's a big transition for smaller players, St Louis is a great example.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
I guess Zuccarellos OT-goal against Carolina (his first NHL goal) was the most important goal for NYR this season ?
Looks like it. If Carolina would have won, they would be in? Or, if they won in SO, I'm not sure. Depends on the season series I think?

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
he came outside the garden well after the rest of the team. He was so kind to the fans and signed a ton of autos and took a lot of pictures. A couple Nords came up to him and began a convo with him and he looked thriled to be speaking his native tongue. he was smiling the whole time. NYC is a huge city we take for granted.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:48 AM
babyshamble

http://www.vg.no/sport/ishockey/arti...artid=10083929

Norwegian newspaper is saying that Zuc is a part of the Rangers squad for the play-offs. The club confirmed this today according to the article. However it also says that a big reason for this is because of his shot-out ability so I don`t know wheter or not to take this serious. Norwegian sports journalists are lazy and ignorant when it comes to hockey.

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:45 AM
KenGuru

Seems like Mats does not fit in with the teams style of play. Its really no big deal. He has shown in the AHL and sometimes in the NHL that he can play hockey. Maybe NYR can trade him this summer. They wont get much but then again he can use his creative style in a more technical/creative team. NYR are for physical players. I find 17 assists in such a limited ice-time in 42 games impressive anyways. He led NYR in assists on PP too (9).

KenGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
babyshamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Seems like Mats does not fit in with the teams style of play. Its really no big deal. He has shown in the AHL and sometimes in the NHL that he can play hockey. Maybe NYR can trade him this summer. They wont get much but then again he can use his creative style in a more technical/creative team. NYR are for physical players. I find 17 assists in such a limited ice-time in 42 games impressive anyways. He led NYR in assists on PP too (9).

I think Mats fits with the Rangers because he plays with a lot of hart and works his ass of every shift despite of his size. We need guys that can do something unexpected as well. A team full of grinders is very predictable and will be easy to figure out.

A good summer in the gym as well as some work on his skating and positional play in the defensive zone would do wonders for Mats. I believe he will be a very important player for this team. It would be stupid to give up on him now. I hope he will be a Ranger for a long time, fun to have a Norwegian on my favourite team.

Alltough the games against Anaheim, San Jose and the last game vs Islanders was brutal I think he has been good. Most of the other games he has played I think he created a lot of oppurtinities for the team.

babyshamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 01:03 PM
TigerJack

Seems like Zucc will stay with the Rangers. Was on ice practicing with the them today.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
AJRanger

Down again...

stevezipay
Rangers ship Mats Zuccarello to Ct Whale

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:12 PM
OverTheCap

Commence mass freakout by Zuke lovers.

This is a smart move. He might as well get some playing time in the A as opposed to sitting on the bench.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Dagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Yeah, ignoring that most of them have been asking why he's warming the bench with the Rangers instead of playing with the Whale that is.

Rock on.

Dagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
This is a smart move. He might as well get some playing time in the A as opposed to sitting on the bench.
agreed 100%. as much as i'd like to see him play with the Rangers, he's better off playing big minutes in CT.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

yep, put him with Hagelin and see what happens. I think they both could be full time next yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
I hope he can stick and stay consistent next year, he has so much skill and is creative. Just go to the Whale for the Playoffs and gain some confidence and come in to camp next season hungry and ready to prove his worth.

I love this guy, but to stay in the NHL you gotta be consistent, something that he had not been doing. Like most rookies that grow to be big players for their respective teams, he has shown tremendous skill and flashes of brilliance, the consistency will come later.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote