HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Last day for the rest of this team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2011, 11:14 PM
  #51
Panthers 20
Registered User
 
Panthers 20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Yes, I should be grateful to have received a "Little Fockers" foam finger. I will cherish it forever.

And you know what? We're entitled to complain if we want to. In years past, the giveaways at the end of the game were far, far superior. That creates an expectation when you buy a ticket and attend a game, I'm sorry. Plus, it's not even that I didn't receive anything -- I never really have and I've been going to games for 15 years. It's just how tacky it is. How can you not groan when staffers rush out onto the ice and start unloading Pep Boys bobbleheads? It's insultingly stupid and erodes the sense of them doing something to show appreciation. When you're getting paid to do something -- i.e. hand out wastefully idiotic advertisements -- it's not showing appreciation, it's shilling on top of more shilling.

I could go on and on about that, but really, it didn't spoil my night. Just disappointed me and served as another reminder how in-your-face this team has to be with its money-making schemes all the time.

Panthers 20 is offline  
Old
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
  #52
Panthers 20
Registered User
 
Panthers 20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
This is obviously nothing on the players, either, so I don't want it to be taken that way. Strictly management.

Panthers 20 is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 01:27 AM
  #53
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post
Yes, I should be grateful to have received a "Little Fockers" foam finger. I will cherish it forever.

And you know what? We're entitled to complain if we want to. In years past, the giveaways at the end of the game were far, far superior. That creates an expectation when you buy a ticket and attend a game, I'm sorry. Plus, it's not even that I didn't receive anything -- I never really have and I've been going to games for 15 years. It's just how tacky it is. How can you not groan when staffers rush out onto the ice and start unloading Pep Boys bobbleheads? It's insultingly stupid and erodes the sense of them doing something to show appreciation. When you're getting paid to do something -- i.e. hand out wastefully idiotic advertisements -- it's not showing appreciation, it's shilling on top of more shilling.

I could go on and on about that, but really, it didn't spoil my night. Just disappointed me and served as another reminder how in-your-face this team has to be with its money-making schemes all the time.
What exactly do you expect them to hand out?? Confetti and old 2007 comcast tee shirts?? Again, I agree with the displeasure about management and their lack of true "appreciation" but did you really expect to get anything note worthy?? I mean I've been a fan forever now and I know I'll never win a "give away" and *IF* I ever caught something being thrown over the glass, I expect a tee shirt and not a nice fancy one either. I know the way they can show us appreciation is by making the post season and giving us something to be proud of, but you can't argue the fact Dale Tallon has done a lot and I'm more excited about the draft and off season because of him, then past years.

We won tonight.
Vokoun had another shut out.
We won with 6 minor league players on our team against the top team in the East.
It was a pretty exciting game, even though it was another one-goal game

Again, I understand your frustration as I'm sure everyone else here does, but I was merely making a point that what people were complaining about wasn't necessary.
The players gave away their sticks. I saw them signing autos and taking pictures
The organization was giving away prizes, even if it seemed that most was going to section 111, or lowerbowl ( the people who could afford most prizes)
We won!
We still hold 3rd spot in draft unless we win lottery.

What else do people want? We knew we were a lottery team awhile ago, so it's no surprise. It's time to except it. Management may not be the best at "Fan Appreciation, because lord knows I'm tired of all the good stuff going to renewed season ticket holders meanwhile the current season is still going. It seems like you get nothin good unless you've renewed in Jan each year, which is ubsurd"
We have a lottery team, at least $30 million in cap space to get new players and hopefully a Great one!!
I just want people to enjoy the win, and stop finding reasons to get pissy all the time.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 03:02 AM
  #54
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,881
vCash: 813
Was there confetti?

Who ever got a foam finger keep it till next years last game and throw it on the ice at some point

Mogo is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 06:16 AM
  #55
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
^^^ No Confetti.


BTW maybe the thrown out items we're so crappy because they spent their money on the fan appreciation things they we're giving away the whole game. Like a 2 day stay at Trump International, an ipod, JetBlue 1 way tickets, etc..

Boooooth10 is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 08:18 AM
  #56
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,881
vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
^^^ No Confetti.


BTW maybe the thrown out items we're so crappy because they spent their money on the fan appreciation things they we're giving away the whole game. Like a 2 day stay at Trump International, an ipod, JetBlue 1 way tickets, etc..
1 ipod?

Mogo is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 09:50 AM
  #57
Panthers 20
Registered User
 
Panthers 20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
There were a few decent giveaways from sponsors throughout the game, and I'm not necessarily complaining about those. I'm just saying, the stuff they gave away after the game was insultingly stupid. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game. I don't know why I can't note one cheap-skate thing management did without being made out to be ungrateful for the win (which yes, I was happy for, but it has nothing to do with management's frugal tackiness).

I also don't know why anyone would get defensive about this. It's almost like we've been abused by this organization for so long, we've developed Stockholm syndrome.

Panthers 20 is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 09:58 AM
  #58
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Informative wrap-up from credentialed reporter Bill Whitehead:

http://nhlhotstove.com/cats-win-season-finale-in-style/

Doyle is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 10:06 AM
  #59
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
With all due respect to all my fellow Panther fans, this is pretty pathetic. I have only been on these boards for maybe 5 years or so, and I know I'm probably new compared to most of you but I've never heard so much whining and crying from fans about anything in my life. I saw at least a half a dozen sticks in the crowd after the game, so I don't see why people are complaining about the give aways? I saw Dadanov try to launch his stick over the boards near the bench an miss a few times,so what's the problem? We won 1-0 and people complain. We get a top 3 draft pick, which everyone here wanted this season, and we still complain about it. They gave away foam fingers, Which they didn't have to give away anything at all, and people complain. I've been here with all of you through the past ten years of crappy hockey, but seriously can we give it a rest??
O, I don't know, maybe because people pay thousands of dollars each year to see a team miss the playoffs and then on fan appreciation night they give out sponsored items which they obviously didn't pay for and probably made money on. It's a joke. Pep boy bottle heads? what does that have to do with hockey? It's pathetic.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 10:07 AM
  #60
Panthers 20
Registered User
 
Panthers 20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
O, I don't know, maybe because people pay thousands of dollars each year to see a team miss the playoffs and then on fan appreciation night they give out sponsored items which they obviously didn't pay for and probably made money on. It's a joke. Pep boy bottle heads? what does that have to do with hockey? It's pathetic.
Thank you.

Panthers 20 is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 10:32 AM
  #61
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers 20 View Post
Thank you.
Look, I dont disagree with anyone. I am one of those people who spend money I probably shouldnt on season tickets and I know id love to see better things handed out on fan Appreciation night, but I'm over it. I know it won't happen, it hasn't happened in many years and I don't get my panties in a bunch about it. Again, it is insulting and a kick in the face but it's nothing new to this organization and it is something I expect.

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 10:36 AM
  #62
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Look, I dont disagree with anyone. I am one of those people who spend money I probably shouldnt on season tickets and I know id love to see better things handed out on fan Appreciation night, but I'm over it. I know it won't happen, it hasn't happened in many years and I don't get my panties in a bunch about it. Again, it is insulting and a kick in the face but it's nothing new to this organization and it is something I expect.
It's not about getting something of quality it's them pimping out this team at literally every chance they get. Pep boys and Little Fokers has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. It's a slap in the face to the extremely loyal and small fan base. Fan appreciation night shouldn't be another opportunity to squeeze out more money.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
  #63
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
O, I don't know, maybe because people pay thousands of dollars each year to see a team miss the playoffs and then on fan appreciation night they give out sponsored items which they obviously didn't pay for and probably made money on. It's a joke. Pep boy bottle heads? what does that have to do with hockey? It's pathetic.


how about handing out a panther hat to ever fan attending? They did that years back. Then everything else is a bonus.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 11:24 AM
  #64
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
It's not about getting something of quality it's them pimping out this team at literally every chance they get. Pep boys and Little Fokers has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. It's a slap in the face to the extremely loyal and small fan base. Fan appreciation night shouldn't be another opportunity to squeeze out more money.
They do it every game, what makes this game different? All they did was announce the new "Lexus Ice" next season, all game long. It's what they do. All they are is one big advertising company and until they make the post season and start making more money from a winning team, we'll have to deal with the lame, slaps in the face give aways. I remember way back when, when you renewed your season tickets, they let you choose an authentic jersey with any name on it. What have they done since? Our name on a cheap plate? A meet and greet where they players skip out? They did a bonus seat for the entire season next season, but you had to Renew for two seasons up front... Who does that?

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 11:26 AM
  #65
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,597
vCash: 500
I love it. Fail and get the 3rd overall pick, and they win it for the fans on the last day of the season.

Can't wait for the draft, 1st of July and the next season!!!!

AwesomePanthers is offline  
Old
04-10-2011, 11:33 AM
  #66
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
They do it every game, what makes this game different? All they did was announce the new "Lexus Ice" next season, all game long. It's what they do. All they are is one big advertising company and until they make the post season and start making more money from a winning team, we'll have to deal with the lame, slaps in the face give aways. I remember way back when, when you renewed your season tickets, they let you choose an authentic jersey with any name on it. What have they done since? Our name on a cheap plate? A meet and greet where they players skip out? They did a bonus seat for the entire season next season, but you had to Renew for two seasons up front... Who does that?


me.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-11-2011, 11:03 AM
  #67
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
[/B]
me.
I would actually if I could afford it.. I'm just making a point that they never really seem to do anything we fans "Appreciate". What I think they should do, and I know it won't happen but, I think they should give every STH an upgrade for free. If you renew your seats, you get upgraded to lower level for free and if you already have a lower level seat(s) then you get to upgrade to a better spot. I am hopefully about next season with the salary cap,new coaching, and top draft pick but the arena never seems full on tv, so why not try to fill at least the lower bowl so it looks full, and give the die-hard,loyal fans the best seats in the house?? That's what I call "Appreciation"

Pantherfan12 is offline  
Old
04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
  #68
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I would actually if I could afford it.. I'm just making a point that they never really seem to do anything we fans "Appreciate". What I think they should do, and I know it won't happen but, I think they should give every STH an upgrade for free. If you renew your seats, you get upgraded to lower level for free and if you already have a lower level seat(s) then you get to upgrade to a better spot. I am hopefully about next season with the salary cap,new coaching, and top draft pick but the arena never seems full on tv, so why not try to fill at least the lower bowl so it looks full, and give the die-hard,loyal fans the best seats in the house?? That's what I call "Appreciation"
I understand and points well taken.

Ive said this befire, the bottom line is, they could keep all their "perks", and raise my prices for the first time in 10 years, if...TTHEY JUST PUT A WINNING PRODUCT ON THE ICE.

Everything else would take care of itself, dont you think?

adam graves is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.