HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cammy: "Probably all year we haven’t been a great team.We really have to step it up."

Old
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
AraGOHABSGO

vCash: 500
We?

I hope he means the veterans.. because the other have done their part ( maybe except Pouliot ).

Him, Gomez, Gio ( 2 weeks ago ) and Pleckanec ( lately ) have to step it up, but players like Subban, Price, A.K, Darche and some more have done their or more than what we excepted them to do..

AraGOHABSGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraGOHABSGO View Post
We?

I hope he means the veterans.. because the other have done their part ( maybe except Pouliot ).

Him, Gomez, Gio ( 2 weeks ago ) and Pleckanec ( lately ) have to step it up, but players like Subban, Price, A.K, Darche and some more have done their or more than what we excepted them to do..
I'm fairly certain he knows which of his teamates have been lacking. His teamates that are lacking also are aware they've been lacking. We also know ho are.

IMO the only reason he said ''we'', is to be neutral. We all know how the media can overblow things out of proportion, especially at this period of time. Imagine if he had given a few names, even ifs accurate, what the media would have read through that... For instance, Cammalleri not happy with teamates, or some **** like that. Would have been bad for the team.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The key is going to be the first 2 games in Boston. We need to win at least 1. I think if we can come back to Montreal 1-1 or 2-0, the series is in the bag. If they go down 0-2 to Boston, it's over. Even if Montreal wins the next 2 in Montreal to tie the series.
Habs haven't been very good (at least the last two games) in Boston, while Boston hasn't been very good in Montreal. So while this may sound cliché, whoever can win on the road first IMO, is going to win this series.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:33 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

this series will scientifically prove whether or whether not there is a balance that exists in the universe!

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

double post. so i'll edit this to something else.

umm..

go habs wooooooooooo i can't wait till thursday, it's going to feel like forever!

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Carey Price needs to step up... he was so-so this season

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:24 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Carey Price needs to step up... he was so-so this season
That might be your weakest attempt to troll. You should be ashamed

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
That might be your weakest attempt to troll. You should be ashamed
I know i am getting too old for this stuff.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Carey Price needs to work on his glove side, he got pwned too many times this year....cost us some wins.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Talk is uber-cheap, G-Love

Cammy can speak, though
Cammy was just as bad as gomez if not worse this year. His 13 goals from last playoff are a thing of the past. Both players looked good the last 5 games of the season. I'm hopeful that they will both turn it on this post season. I got me some prestige tickets for the first game in montreal.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The key is going to be the first 2 games in Boston. We need to win at least 1. I think if we can come back to Montreal 1-1 or 2-0, the series is in the bag. If they go down 0-2 to Boston, it's over. Even if Montreal wins the next 2 in Montreal to tie the series.
Right because everybody knows that theres no coming back in a playoff series against these Bruins!

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:30 PM
BLONG7

I would hope our vets ALL step it up...nice to hear Gomez and Cammy talking about it, and how they know they need to be better...no pressure on the Habs, all the pressure is on the B's...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Teufelsdreck

Winning one of the first two games in Boston would put the Habs in the driver's seat and create anxiety in the Bruins fans. That means Price has to have at least one exceptional game even for him. Last year the Habs won the first game in Washington largely because Théodore played poorly *remember Plekanec as the poor man's Jagr). That allowed the Habs to get past a lousy effort by Halak in game 2. (No, Halak didn't walk on water in every game of the first two rounds and in fact he wasted a lead provided him by Kostitsyn's hat trick.) I'll forgive Price for a loss in game 2 if he wins game 1. Or would it be better psychologically if Price won game 2 instead of game 1?

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 04-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Good for Gomez admitting that he has been horrible all year. You got a chance to put everything behind you, now move your you know what and start playing like a 7 million $ player
lets all just remember something tho

he didnt get 7 million bucks for his season performances, he got that contract because of his playoff performances, same with drury

and im hoping he doesnt disapoint HERE where it matters most, he didnt look too bad last years PO's

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:57 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Winning one of the first two games in Boston would put the Habs in the driver's seat and create anxiety in the Bruins fans. That means Price has to have at least one exceptional game even for him. Last year the Habs won the first game in Washington largely because Théodore played poorly *remember Plekanec as the poor man's Jagr). That allowed the Habs to get past a lousy effort by Halak in game 2. (No, Halak didn't walk on water in every game of the first two rounds and in fact he wasted a lead provided him by Kostitsyn's hat trick.) I'll forgive Price for a loss in game 2 if he wins game 1. Or would it be better psychologically if Price won game 2 instead of game 1?
In the playoffs where you're only as good as your last game and where momentum is key, I'd take game 2 if I had a choice to split both games. The seed of doubt will grow much quicker

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:49 PM
OneSharpMarble

lol ok Gomez gets some props from me for that quote. Don't make me regret those props Gomez or you go right back to being blomez.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:49 PM
ChoseLa

This team is all about POs.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 08:43 PM
habtastic

*waiting for Cammy on OTR after Habs win series*

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:45 PM
koivu

Gomez is key - I want to see him go head to head against their top line.

He has tons of great playoff experience, and if can just have 1 great series against Boston - the whole crappy season he had will be forgotten very quickly.

koivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Belso

They will have to step it up for sure... Only that will save the Habs from the Bruins this time around.

Boston will play like Philly against the Habs like the last game they played each other this season.. So I expect things to be tough for the "Little Guys" on this season's team..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

You look at the teams on paper and evaluate who is on the shelf, its hard not to think that boston has the stronger team.

However, the habs have been able to rattle thomas on several occasions, although the bruins could argue the same thing about price in their last 2 home matches.

Here's an area that has to give you hope to pull off the series win:

PP: Montreal 7th, Boston 20th

PK: Montreal 7th, Boston 16th

Just like the recipe of last year, the habs need to win the special teams war and rely on great goaltending.

If the habs cannot translate their special teams prowess into the playoffs, then its going to be a short series.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
It wouldn't surprise me if the Habs make the Finals this year,Washington probably poses the biggest threat this year.I hope the Habs play them after the Bruins,Hammer on that drum Hab fans.Payback's a *****!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the Habs make the Finals this year,Washington probably poses the biggest threat this year.I hope the Habs play them after the Bruins,Hammer on that drum Hab fans.Payback's a *****!
If Buffalo can take out Philly then I agree but if they get past the Sabres, we know how we play against the Flyers.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:10 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
If Buffalo can take out Philly then I agree but if they get past the Sabres, we know how we play against the Flyers.
Without Pronger the Failers will fall.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Forsead

I want to see Kostitsyn step up his game ine the playoff, he is now an NHL veteran player and it's really not his first time in the post season. He is built for the hard physical game of the playoff with his strenght. He just need to be have his game on and he could make alot of noise IMO.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote