HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Ziggy is a Pen

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Dropkick Alex

vCash: 500
Ziggy is a Pen

The words I want to say right now but can't because of board rules.

Old
08-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouwmeester4
The words I want to say right now but can't because of board rules.
How about "I guess Keenan intends to sign the Easter Bunny." That would pretty much sum it up.

Not that I'm all that high on Palffy anyway, but there's not much left out there.

Old
08-06-2005, 06:05 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Made the playoffs??

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Ha, not suprised...

Old
08-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

my optimism is definetly down from a week ago. Right now i'm thinking 3rd in the SE will constitute a good season

Old
08-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
How about "I guess Keenan intends to sign the Easter Bunny." That would pretty much sum it up.

Not that I'm all that high on Palffy anyway, but there's not much left out there.
I'd rather Keenan sign the Easter Bunny. The shells from the eggs he leaves are more durable than Palffy is.

Question to all Christians: Why do you guys support the idea of an Easter "Bunny"? If it leaves eggs, shouldn't it be the Easter Chicken? Or the Easter Goose?

The Easter Goose sounds pretty good, no?

Old
08-06-2005, 08:21 PM
silver_made*

Allan Cohen: "Panther fans, with the likes of Palffy, Demitra, Kovalev, Forsberg, Gonchar, S.Niedermayer, Aucoin, etc. on the market, we are proud to introduce our BIG free agent signings: 39 y/o's Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk, and 35 y/o Martin Gelinas. Now, let me play up their 'Stanley Cup experience' and completely leave out how all 3 are on the steap decline of their careers."

With Kariya (Nashville), Brunette (Avalanche), and Palffy (Pittsburgh) gone, my wish list has dwindled down to consolation prizes.

what remains:

Bondra
*Lindros
*Hamrlik
*Stevens
A.Carter
(D)Wooley
Y.Perrault
(D)R.Warrener
A.Cassels
*T.Selanne
(D)J.Slegr
S.Young

*denotes a first line/pairing forward/dman nhler

Beyond this list, as far as bringing in an effective first line/pairing forward/dman, all we can hope for is trades now, and that means let the looting of our decent prospects ensue.

Old
08-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
I'd rather Keenan sign the Easter Bunny. The shells from the eggs he leaves are more durable than Palffy is.

Question to all Christians: Why do you guys support the idea of an Easter "Bunny"? If it leaves eggs, shouldn't it be the Easter Chicken? Or the Easter Goose?

Clint since coming back to HF, I swear I think you are on drugs.

Old
08-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_made
Allan Cohen: "Panther fans, with the likes of Palffy, Demitra, Kovalev, Forsberg, Gonchar, S.Niedermayer, Aucoin, etc. on the market, we are proud to introduce our BIG free agent signings: 39 y/o's Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk, and 35 y/o Martin Gelinas. Now, let me play up their 'Stanley Cup experience' and completely leave out how all 3 are on the steap decline of their careers."
I don't see why you keep naming Warrener when he is a restricted free agent. It'll be four first round picks to sign him. Not worth it in the least, and I'm a major fan of Rhett's.

Last edited by Clash*: 08-06-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old
08-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint

Clint, the Easter Bunny is pagan, didn't you know that? Christian Easter's about resurrection and some such.

Sheesh, go to Sunday school And get off those drugs B4 mentioned...or start taking them, whichever's the problem

by the way...Easter Eggs more durable than Palffy Good one. You've given me an idea for a Panther's narrative once the season starts.

Old
08-06-2005, 10:00 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Clint, the Easter Bunny is pagan, didn't you know that? Christian Easter's about resurrection and some such.

Sheesh, go to Sunday school And get off those drugs B4 mentioned...or start taking them, whichever's the problem

by the way...Easter Eggs more durable than Palffy Good one. You've given me an idea for a Panther's narrative once the season starts.
Easter = zombie jesus!

Old
08-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Dropkick Alex

I like Bondra for 2 years at 3 million per, anyone else?

Old
08-07-2005, 12:09 AM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
I like Bondra for 2 years at 3 million per, anyone else?
Yeah, i'd like Keenan to run with that. He always scored against us, why not for us, for a change?

Old
08-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
Yeah, i'd like Keenan to run with that. He always scored against us, why not for us, for a change?
I'll admit I hated Bondra when he was with the Caps, as most of us did, but reuniting him with Martin, I think it makes sense, but of course Clash tell me where I'm wrong? Are you going to say he's to old and will chew up more ice time for guys like Weiss and Horton to develop?

Old
08-07-2005, 12:14 AM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Quote:
I'll admit I hated Bondra when he was with the Caps, as most of us did, but reuniting him with Martin, I think it makes sense, but of course Clash tell me where I'm wrong? Are you going to say he's to old and will chew up more ice time for guys like Weiss and Horton to develop?
Isn't Bondra younger than the farts we've already gotten? Lazy, I didn't want to look it up.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever
Isn't Bondra younger than the farts we've already gotten? Lazy, I didn't want to look it up.
I believe he's 37 or 38.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:18 AM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Quote:
I believe he's 37 or 38.
Really? Well, if he is, he should be headed here shortly. Toronto South with a better netminder.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Dropkick Alex

Feb 7, 1968 making him 37

Old
08-07-2005, 04:20 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Problem I have with Bondra is he always had his most success scoring against the Panthers. I think half his career goal total came against us

If we signed him he'd probably get all geriatric and forget which team he's on, then pop a few past Luongo.

Old
08-07-2005, 04:35 AM
Jakethesnake

I say get Bondra for 2 years - preferably for less than 3 mill per.

The good thing about signing these old folks is that in 2 years, after being big contributors and keeping us strong (i hope), they will be out of contract, and our young guys will surely have had enough time to develop and can fully take over and carry the team.

Old
08-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethesnake
I say get Bondra for 2 years - preferably for less than 3 mill per.

The good thing about signing these old folks is that in 2 years, after being big contributors and keeping us strong (i hope), they will be out of contract, and our young guys will surely have had enough time to develop and can fully take over and carry the team.
I hope so too. Bondra is the only scorer left out there as Mogilny most likely wont be signing an deal before training camps start.

Old
08-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

i hope we get bondra.selanne doesnt really excite me even though i wouldnt mind him either. At this point Bondra;s my only hope to get anyone resembling a sniper/scorer. after him the cream of the crop is Anson Carter and Lindros (who i think we'll ultimately end up with )

Old
08-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Mostly the price. Anything more than two is overpaying.

I'll say again, this team needed veterans that complimented, not took over, for the youth around here. That's what makes someone like Andreychuk or Odelein or Leschyshyn, who some have mentioned, such great mentors and leaders. They left the presure on the kids to perform, but taught them how to deal with it. With Martin's and Keenan's penchant to rely on older players, the kids will be gettin less and less ice time.

Closed Thread