HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Palffy to Pittsburgh

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2005, 12:26 AM
stardog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
He is not worth 2 million in my opinion.
agree,but he'd still be a nice winger for da kings.
There are still a few options out there such as LeClaire(risky,i know) Amonte and Carter who would improve any team.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:53 AM
johnjm22

I am very dissapointed that Palffy didn't re-sign. But I think in the end it will be a good thing for the Kings.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
agree,but he'd still be a nice winger for da kings.
There are still a few options out there such as LeClaire(risky,i know) Amonte and Carter who would improve any team.
Amonte signed with the Flames and Carter, well, he just sucks.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Mxpunk

I think we should give Val Bure a chance, provided that he's less than 3 million a season....

Maybe also give Richard Park a shot?

Last edited by Mxpunk: 08-07-2005 at 01:11 AM.
Old
08-07-2005, 02:01 AM
Mindcircus

There's a thread on LGK from a guy who says he knows Ziggy. He seems to blame Ziggy's agent for not divulging information to Ziggy from the Kings standpoint. He said Ziggy really wanted to come back to LA but his agent made it seem like Kings management was screwing with him. Whether it's true or not, i doubt anyone will ever know.

Moving on i guess...

Old
08-07-2005, 02:12 AM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

First off.. Ziggy's agent IS a head case. There was a scathing article written about him back when Ziggy turned down the long term pre-lockout deal the Kings offered. (Which BTW, if he was willing to durn down THAT deal, he sure has hell wasn't going to sign a less lucrative deal now - but I know common sense flies out the window around here at times.)

In order for Ziggy to be a "big loss", we had to have him to begin with. We haven't had Ziggy under contract, so there is no "big loss". Just not a "big win". Sure, his scoring would have been appreciated, but the Kings need another RW as badly as they need another injury plagued season right now.

The hole is at LW - and that's what I have no doubts DT is focusing on filling. I think DT would have signed Ziggy if he could have had him for a year or two. He's too much risk to sign to a longer term contract.

- T

Old
08-07-2005, 02:44 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
The hole is at LW - and that's what I have no doubts DT is focusing on filling. I think DT would have signed Ziggy if he could have had him for a year or two. He's too much risk to sign to a longer term contract.

- T
Longer term being "3"? As opposed to what "2"!

C'mon bro, this is part of the disease that I can't take with management. If he sucks come year three, move him. That's it just move him. It's not rocket science, and since when has any player seen out most of his contract these days. Ziggy's gone, yes. But I just see the same BS constantly being spewed out by us. We justify everything this team does. I'm just tired of doing that. Sooner or later you have to say, why are the same teams that win every year, continue to win. They're constantly wheeling and dealing, in all facets. From the draft to trades to building their own.....whatever it takes. We criticize it, but I envy it! I just wish this big "market" would grab their balls already. Make a statement.

As for the LW comment. Dustin Brown isn't a true left wing, either was Deadmarsh. Brown played his whole year there. Cammy, Brown, Frolov, Demitra, Roenick, Army, Conroy. Those guys can play anyone of the forward positions, and still do damage.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
I think its pretty obvious Palffy really didn't want to be here so, whatever I'm pissed but whatever, goodbye.

Hopefully we can get a very good top 6 forward and then get a 3rd or 4th d-man. I think DT will do his thing via trade.

Old
08-07-2005, 03:46 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I think its pretty obvious Palffy really didn't want to be here so, whatever I'm pissed but whatever, goodbye.

Hopefully we can get a very good top 6 forward and then get a 3rd or 4th d-man. I think DT will do his thing via trade.
Ya i heard something about getting Ovechkin for miller that may just be me though and ya they adding any d-man we want

Old
08-07-2005, 03:51 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Ya i heard something about getting Ovechkin for miller that may just be me though and ya they adding any d-man we want
No reason to be a dick my man.

08-07-2005, 04:13 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
Your probably to stupid for me to waist my time arguing about why you typed this ****.

Old
08-07-2005, 05:13 AM
skolgoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Longer term being "3"? As opposed to what "2"!

C'mon bro, this is part of the disease that I can't take with management. If he sucks come year three, move him. That's it just move him. It's not rocket science, and since when has any player seen out most of his contract these days.
Gee, I guess that it also wouldn't be rocket science to assume that a player looking for a retirement contract, such as Ziggy was looking at, would also ask for a no-trade clause?

Perhaps it would have been interesting to see the howling of Kings fans when the Kings had to include a draft choice to dump Ziggy to a team of his choice for the ubiquitous, future considerations (which, contrary to Hacksaw) usually means forget about sending anything back ...

Old
08-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Ujin

Best of lucky, Ziggy. We'll miss you in L.A. - and the only good thing about you leaving is that I don't have to see that kid holding up the "Getting Ziggy Wit It" sign anymore. Oh - and that the long Jozef Stumpel-era in Los Angeles is over.

Normally I'm quite spiteful and angry at Kings management, especially for their (continuing) trend of lowballing popular players in the name of "fiscal responsibility". Their "Plan A" was to sign Ziggy - and that didn't turn out. But let's wait to see what "Plan B" is.

I have a feeling "Plan B" is to go to war with the army you have - not the one you want to have. But "Plan B" could mean a good UFA forward. "Plan B" could be to save the money and go after someone even better and snazzier later. "Plan B" could mean a trade for an RFA.

I just hope that "Plan B" isn't to panic and trade away bunches of the best Kings prospects. Which, ironically, is kinda how we GOT Ziggy in the first place.

Old
08-07-2005, 05:58 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Its not bad that Ziggy left us.
He will be injured over half of the Season like Allison in Toronto will be.
Important is, that the GM `not trade cam or brown for old, sick last Yesterday Sars.

They should try to get Datsyuk from the red`s and close the Mrket for them self.
After that the Kings are an Play Off Member.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:05 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Wow you people are agressive. I write one thing and you people go off calm the f down seriously. You guys acting as if i broke some code or law of some sort. I was just saying dont you all think we are going overboard a little i can all but guarantee we will trade for another top 6 of good d-man or both just saying so many people are acting as if we were supposed to get everyone be the best team and be the next dynasty

Old
08-07-2005, 12:12 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skolgoar
Gee, I guess that it also wouldn't be rocket science to assume that a player looking for a retirement contract, such as Ziggy was looking at, would also ask for a no-trade clause?

Perhaps it would have been interesting to see the howling of Kings fans when the Kings had to include a draft choice to dump Ziggy to a team of his choice for the ubiquitous, future considerations (which, contrary to Hacksaw) usually means forget about sending anything back ...
Really, you have a link, for a no trade clause in his contract. I get to see everybody's contract before they sign. He was looking for longevity, and he deserves it. You'll still be that guy justifying his 90+ points for the next three seasons. He still has a good five years left.

Old
08-07-2005, 12:20 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
You'll still be that guy justifying his 90+ points for the next three seasons. He still has a good five years left.
If he stays healthy, he better put up 90 points on the power play on that team.

Closed Thread