HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Playoff Schedule Released at 10PM on NHLN & NHL.COM

Old
04-10-2011, 11:44 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
NHL Playoff Schedule Released at 10PM on NHLN & NHL.COM

Didn't see this posted anywhere.

Host Brian Duff, regular contributor Mike Johnson and special guest and Versus color analyst Billy Jaffe will begin the live playoff coverage at 10 p.m. ET with the NHL On The Fly: Playoff Match-Up Scheduling Show, during which they'll reveal the schedule and matchups for the first round of the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The show also will also be streamed live on NHL.com for U.S. audiences.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=558782

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
broadwayblue

Show is on now.

Old
04-10-2011, 09:10 PM
asphyXy

Been trying to load the show for nine minutes. Too many people trying to get on?

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 09:17 PM
broadwayblue

2011 EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTERFINALS
SERIES A
#1 vs. #8 Network
Wednesday, April 13 at Washington, 7:30 p.m. TBA
Friday, April 15 at Washington, 7:30 p.m. TBA
Sunday, April 17 at New York, 3:00 p.m. TBA
Wednesday, April 20 at New York, 7:00 p.m. TBA
*Saturday, April 23 at Washington, 3:00 p.m. TBA
*Monday, April 25 at New York, TBD TBA
*Wednesday, April 27 at Washington, TBD TBA

Old
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Pugs35

So wait. These games on Versus are going to be blacked out on Gamecenter like the regular season? Man that's ridiculous.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
So wait. These games on Versus are going to be blacked out on Gamecenter like the regular season? Man that's ridiculous.
I thought regular season games on VS are always exclusive, whereas first round playoff games are broadcast on both local stations along with VS. They might not be blacked out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:16 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I thought regular season games on VS are always exclusive, whereas first round playoff games are broadcast on both local stations along with VS. They might not be blacked out.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
First round games are exclusive to MSG locally as long as they aren't on NBC.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
First round games are exclusive to MSG locally as long as they aren't on NBC.
Okay, but the guy asking the question isn't local (neither am I, but I get VS and CI). So both broadcasts do exist. That's the first step. The 2nd step is whether or not it's on GameCenter (on Center Ice for that matter). I'd imagine they'd make it available on GameCenter, but I could be wrong.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:21 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Okay, but the guy asking the question isn't local (neither am I, but I get VS and CI). So both broadcasts do exist. That's the first step. The 2nd step is whether or not it's on GameCenter (on Center Ice for that matter). I'd imagine they'd make it available on GameCenter, but I could be wrong.
If it's on Versus than it won't be on Center Ice so I'm assuming no for GameCenter as well since it's technically a national broadcast.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
If it's on Versus than it won't be on Center Ice so I'm assuming no for GameCenter as well since it's technically a national broadcast.
This is definitely the case in the regular season. But in the regular season, Vs has exclusive broadcasts. There is no MSG one. That changes the circumstances a little bit.

And personally speaking, even if the MSG feed is on Center Ice simultaneous to the Vs feed, I'd probably watch Vs. No MSGHD on Center Ice.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
I actually have a somewhat unique and incredibly frustrating problem. I'm in the Poconos right now, and the local cable service used to have MSG, but has since dropped it (once SNY came about).

But, we still are technically within the NYR market, so any non-exclusive games on Versus or NHLN are just blacked-out even though I don't have MSG, so I can't watch it.

I then got Gamecenter, knowing it be blacked out (since I bounce between here and Pittsburgh frequently) and have since been able to get around local broadcast blackout rules for Gamecenter. The problem is that when the Rangers are on NHLN or Versus (non-exclusive) then Gamecenter blacks it out because it's a National Broadcast, and Versus/NHLN black it out because it's local.

So I get screwed, basically. I'm curious how this'll work out for the Playoffs.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:26 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
This is definitely the case in the regular season. But in the regular season, Vs has exclusive broadcasts. There is no MSG one. That changes the circumstances a little bit.

And personally speaking, even if the MSG feed is on Center Ice simultaneous to the Vs feed, I'd probably watch Vs. No MSGHD on Center Ice.
I know for a fact that if the game is on Versus it won't be picked up on Center Ice since I had it in the playoffs last year. Not sure how GameCenter works though. Center Ice would just pick up whatever games that aren't picked up by NBC or Versus.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I know for a fact that if the game is on Versus it won't be picked up on Center Ice since I had it in the playoffs last year. Not sure how GameCenter works though. Center Ice would just pick up whatever games that aren't picked up by NBC or Versus.
Yeah, I watched a Rangers/Atlanta game on Center Ice that was being broadcast on Vs as well a few years ago. But it hasn't been that way since.

Pugs, the guys on GameCenter phone support, the small amount of time that I tried it 2 years ago, were extremely helpful. You should just give them a call.

Old
04-10-2011, 10:30 PM
useref15

ugh, I really wish they didn't play on Wednesday. I am in class on Wednesday, so I'll have to stream the game. I was also hoping game 2 was on Saturday, so I can make the trip from Jersey to DC for the game. Oh well. I'll hope to get tix for Sunday at MSG that aren't too ridiculously overpriced.

useref15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

wait so how many games are on versus and nbc? as someone whos in PA i really dont want to have to stream a lot of playoff games

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
doak

Hey does anyone know if msg is depleting game 1 anytime on Thursday and if so when? I'm not getting back in town until Thursday and I can't stream the game or anything. If not, does anyone know where I could download the game as a stream or torrent on thurs?

doak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:12 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by doak View Post
Hey does anyone know if msg is depleting game 1 anytime on Thursday and if so when? I'm not getting back in town until Thursday and I can't stream the game or anything. If not, does anyone know where I could download the game as a stream or torrent on thurs?
I think NHL.com has all the games available for replay the day after they take place.

Old
04-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1400
So do the people in the NYC area have to watch on Versus or can we watch on MSG?

04-11-2011, 03:18 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
wait so how many games are on versus and nbc? as someone whos in PA i really dont want to have to stream a lot of playoff games
Games 3 and 5 will be on NBC. Games 2 and 4 will be on Versus with game 1 being joined in progress on Versus as well. You'll find out if games 6 and 7 are on Versus most likely later in the series as other series end early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
So do the people in the NYC area have to watch on Versus or can we watch on MSG?
MSG.

Old
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1400
Also if we make it to the second round somehow, I heard MSG owns the rights to the games, even though Versus/NBC usually shows the games. Is this true?

Last edited by Kane One: 04-11-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Also if we make it to the second round somehow, I heard MSG owns the rights to the games, even though Versus/NBC usually shows the games. Is this true?
MSG I believe only gets to televise up to 3 games. Broadcast schedule for the 2nd round series against Buffalo in 07 went like this...

Game 1 - Versus, Game 2 - MSG, Game 3 - NBC, Game 4 - Versus, Game 5 - MSG, Game 6 - NBC, Game 7 - MSG.