HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Walker on Re-Entry

Old
04-11-2011, 03:32 PM
LI Fly Guy

vCash: 500
The fact that we have Gus, Boynton, and Svret, does this imply possibly Pronger will not play which is why we needed another veteran dfenseman in case we lose another to injury?

LI Fly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepin it real View Post
Hopefully he clears. Having him in the line up as a 6th dman will be huge for this team. He's a solid guy that will help eat up some minutes
Have you seen him play? The only people who should be happy about the possibility of Walker dressing for a game are the other team and the other team's fans.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
flyersguy33*

Walker is solid. I think he will play over the other guys. He has the experience and knows what it takes to win. We will see him in for game 1 if pronger can't go

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:38 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Hopefully he clears. Having him in the line up as a 6th dman will be huge for this team. He's a solid guy that will help eat up some minutes
You must be kidding.....

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Walker is solid. I think he will play over the other guys. He has the experience and knows what it takes to win. We will see him in for game 1 if pronger can't go
Thank you for your input Mrs Walker..can you please tell your son to waive his onerous contract so that we can get some much needed cap relief going forward?? Ask him to take one for the team. Thanx for keepin it real...really!

Signed DrDoom

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
You know what? **** it. You convinced me. I hope Lavy plays him in our top 4, getting close to 25 minutes a night.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Jester

Quote:
So much to like.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Villedelphia*

Quote:
Totally, the more veteran leaders the better. Between them and our notorious playoff performers, we got dis in da bag sonnn!!

The only question mark that remains is goaltending, which could be solved by starting Leighton who has the experience from last year. You think the **** goals he let up last year pissed us off? Thats nothing compared to how he feels, and I guarantee he wont let that happen again.

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
phillyfanatic

If he clears who gives a damn
If he doesn't clear Homer should be fired.

Yeah, I just said that.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:58 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
He won't be claimed.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:03 PM
phillyfanatic

It doesn't matter if he isn't claimed, Homer is playing russian roulette and is going to get his ******* head blown off. Unfortunately, we are Flyer fans, which means the gun is pointed at our heads too.

Homer should be fired for this and Leighton. I renage on my defense of him and am now over with DUHockey9 (not a hater, but not happy either). This is our hockey team and passion he is playing a game of risk with, I'm not cool with that.

I am so pissed right now. Homer, WTF. Matt Walker? For real. That is what you are mortgaging our future on? ****

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

This pleases Matt Walker.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
YuioIklo

Holmgren knows a few things more than all of us, he doesn't do that for fun. Even if it seems stupid, I doubt it really is.

Old
04-11-2011, 04:14 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Holmgren knows a few things more than all of us, he doesn't do that for fun. Even if it seems stupid, I doubt it really is.
Either way it seems stupid. Eventually someone's going to get claimed and the Flyers will be in cap trouble.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:18 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Either way it seems stupid. Eventually someone's going to get claimed and the Flyers will be in cap trouble.
You got it right; it seems stupid. Seems is the key word. We don't know the reasons why Holmgren and the others decided that, but it's definitely not a "stupid gamble". They are not stupid. They did that because they know something we don't, and they concluded it was the best solution.

Old
04-11-2011, 04:25 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
You got it right; it seems stupid. Seems is the key word. We don't know the reasons why Holmgren and the others decided that, but it's definitely not a "stupid gamble". They are not stupid. They did that because they know something we don't, and they concluded it was the best solution.
Or Homer could be just feeling bad for Walker, like he did with Jones, and call him up to either give him a chance to play in playoffs, or go to another team and play.

Old
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
or like he did with Gauthier and give up picks to get rid of him

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:30 PM
flyersguy33*

If Walker clears, he will have a big impact on the ice in our first round series. I think there is a chance he gets claimed though. Solid dman, cheap contract. Homer might of screwed us

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:38 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Or Homer could be just feeling bad for Walker, like he did with Jones, and call him up to either give him a chance to play in playoffs, or go to another team and play.
If this was the case, he'd have called him up sooner. There's nowhere to play but in Philly anymore for Walker.

Holmgren just went out and binged on D this past off-season in an almost comical way. Clearly he wants as much depth on the blueline as is humanly possible. Given that this team last season essentially played 4 defenseman in the SCF, and that the lack of defensive depth probably cost them a Stanley Cup in 04, I'd say that Holmgren's far more worried about that than Matt Walker's feelings.

Again, there's very little chance that this move becomes anything more than a small insurance policy.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:41 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of 'gentleman's agreement' among the GMs to not make claims on re-entry, just like there seems to be one about not using offer sheets. The claim rate on re-entry seems lower than it should be.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 04:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
If this was the case, he'd have called him up sooner. There's nowhere to play but in Philly anymore for Walker.

Holmgren just went out and binged on D this past off-season in an almost comical way. Clearly he wants as much depth on the blueline as is humanly possible. Given that this team last season essentially played 4 defenseman in the SCF, and that the lack of defensive depth probably cost them a Stanley Cup in 04, I'd say that Holmgren's far more worried about that than Matt Walker's feelings.

Again, there's very little chance that this move becomes anything more than a small insurance policy.
Homer couldnt have seen Walker getting hurt on February 19. At that point, Walker played only 11 games down there. He isnt going to call up a hurt player. He most likely wont get picked up and we didnt have the cap space. I would not be surprised at all if Homer made a deal with Walker saying that near the end of the season or sometime throughout, they would call him up to either play or go to another team.

Old
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Do you really think he takes the decisions alone/with his feelings? Let me remind you : this is the NHL.

Old
04-11-2011, 04:56 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Do you really think he takes the decisions alone/with his feelings? Let me remind you : this is the NHL.
The NHL is a business, where under the table deals are always common. You think a vet who has played in the NHL in the past will go down to the AHL all happy? Hell no. I fully believe Homer planned on bringing up Walker throughout the season. He did the same exact thing with Jones. Its not like it hasnt happened before.

Teams around the NHL do it all the time. Its not some hidden secret.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
JVR21
G

I'll be pissed if he gets claimed. Gagne for a 4th rounder and close to $1M in dead cap space.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:13 PM
decadentia

Knuble just signed slightly over what Walker makes.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote