Before I do my usual stats, just some interesting "tidbits":
Let's look at the even strength points of our forwards and where they rank league-wide:
Our "top line" has Koivu (136th), Brunette (221st), and Miettinen (258th) in even strength points. Not really a big threat. Our "second line" has Havlat (33rd), Cullen (258th), and Brodziak (221st). Aside from Havlat, also not much of a threat.
I really think that getting Bruno, Miettinen, and Brodziak out of the top six would improve our 5-on-5 scoring. Those three can each single-handedly kill offensive opportunities.
We can also see how badly we miss Lats, who had 4 even strength points in 8 games. That projects to 12 over 24, which would be good for 63rd in the league and second on the team.
O'Sullivan also had 4 even strength points, but only in 15 games, many of them on the 4th line. We can also see he's an upgrade to our top six.
And a healthy Bouchard would make things even better.
- Havlat's ripping it up
- Zidlicky's on pace for over 50 points!
- Burns is only on pace for 47...
- Mittens is actually on a good point pace for someone who can't hit the net
- Butch is back!
- The decline of Brunette continues
- Cam Barker sucks
- Koivu's starting to shoot the puck again, and is improving his point totals
- Havlat's leading the teams in shots per game
- Brent Burns DESERVES to be at the ASG
- Most of our grinders are doing jack
- Butch cooled off
- Terrible GFA, mediocre GAA and PK, last in SOG, dropping in FO% and PP...
- obviously Zidlicky's not going to play 70 games this year, but you can see from his performance just how valuable he was to this team's offense:
- Clutter on pace for 26 goals
- Nystrom on pace for 8 points
- Kobebeef and Brodz actually on a good goal-scoring clip
- Cullen below 50 points on pace...fell off the face of the Earth
- Wild are 30th in shots per game but 19th in scoring...hmm.
- Clutter's on pace for 25 goals, not bad.
- Burns on pace for 23 goals and 50 points, very good.
- Koivu's a little down, Bruno's still quite down, even after his nice run.
- I wonder with Miettinen's scoring down but points and shooting up, if it wouldn't be a good idea to extend his contract?
- Brodziak's goal scoring is UP 74% even while his shooting is DOWN 17%. That's good setup work.