HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
04-11-2011, 05:23 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Quote:
Boston College sophomores Brian Dumoulin and Chris Kreider will return to Boston College for the 2011-12 season, according to BC head coach Jerry York.
Quote:
"We're very excited that both Brian Dumoulin and Chris Kreider have decided to return to Boston College for their junior seasons," York said. "Both players have had very impressive freshman and sophomore seasons and we expect both to be leaders of our club in 2011-12. Brian and Chris embody what we strive for in a Boston College hockey player. They're interested in education and active in the community and we're very pleased that each will be back as juniors."
http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-ho...041111aaa.html

Derek Stepan said he was staying at Wisconsin after they lost to BC but he signed when the Rangers made him an offer.

Will still be interesting to see what happens when Kreider attends the Rangers prospects camp in late June.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 06-12-2011 at 05:19 AM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

York better not ruin him.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Bad decision if he does. Hopefully he pulls a Stepan.

Come on, Chris.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Bad decision if he does. Hopefully he pulls a Stepan.

Come on, Chris.
Hopefully he does make a last minute move to sign an ELC. Sather needs to get him to sign a deal.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Would rather see him in Hartford. He needs tougher competition.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Would rather see him in Hartford. He needs tougher competition.
Maybe, but lets be honest, he wasnt exactly lighting up the college competition.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:35 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

My train of thought is if Kreider is set on making his career in the NHL is primary goal in life, he'll sign now when the Rangers offer him a contract.

You can respect him for wanting to get more education, definitely, but frankly i'm not a huge fan of our first round picks not signing with us when the organization has made it blatantly clear they want him.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:41 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Not happy about this. It's not the end of the world but it's not good.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
You have got to be ****ing kidding me. What a ****ing joke.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
beastly115

What a ****ing moron.

Watch him get a career ending injury in college next year.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:47 PM
XLJ

Not surprising, everything you read about Kreider going to BC means a lot to him and his family. Rangers were trying to get him to leave school last year.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

It's mind-boggling if he really does go back to BC. You have to think he's not dumb enough not to see the successes and chances guys like Ryan McDonagh and Stepan have been given this year.

Very disheartening to us who want and expect Chris to be a big piece of this franchise's future.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:49 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

I am legitimately pissed off at the kid and I think he's an absolute fool for doing this. There is nothing good that can come from this. At all.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
TrollololBoyle

So much overreaction. Let him stay at BC, he'll get top 6 minutes, and be a more important part of the team, this is certainly not a bad thing.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Le sigh.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:52 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
So much overreaction. Let him stay at BC, he'll get top 6 minutes, and be a more important part of the team, this is certainly not a bad thing.
It's a bad thing. Absolutely a bad thing. He needs to work on his pro game and not *****foot around on a college team that couldn't give less of a **** about his personal development.

Old
04-11-2011, 05:52 PM
ColonialsHockey10

It's frustrating reading things like Jaden Schwartz might not return for his sophomore year at CC, yet our prized prospect decides to take the unorthodox route and spend 3 years at BC. A guy like McDonagh went back for his junior year because he hadn't been developing as planned. Kreider is ready for the AHL, for christs sake he was playing WC last year.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 05:53 PM
E Nixson