HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
04-11-2011, 06:04 PM
levski87

vCash: 500
His stats suck in college and people expect him to make the NHL next year? Keep dreaming. Kid needs to step it up big time if he decides to stay.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

No need to curse at the kid and flip out....its not like he said im staying because i dont want to be a ranger. Everyone chill out. Would I have liked to see him develop more at a higher level in the AHL, ofcourse, but its not like his stats were that great. I completely understand why he wants to stay, he got no closure there, he had the whole jaw incident and it completely screwed up the most important part of his sophomore season. I fully expect Kreider to pick up his game and have a pretty good junior year as well as solid WJC as a USA team leader. After that, he will sign an ELC and join a pretty good young whale team. Him and Christian Thomas can join the whale together (Thomas will turn 20 May 26th next year. Kreider will turn 21 a month earlier on April 30th) I like the sound of those 2 coming in together.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:08 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If he DOES end up going back, though, and doesn't absolutely rip it up, I think it'll be safe to say Kreider is not the player many of us think he is.
Agreed.

Supersonicmonkey, what has Kreider done to get TOP 6 minutes at the NHL? He's not even a PPG player in the NCAA and you want him in a top 6 role. Get real.

Old
04-11-2011, 06:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I think top 6 minutes in the AHL, yes. Don't see him breaking the NHL right away, though.

Playing against college kids isn't going to help him get into the NHL any faster though, imo.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:14 PM
NYRCC

oh this is just great...

i can't imagine that he has anything left to prove at the college level.

you'd think he'd be interested in joining his buddies on the big stage in new york, not ****ing around in college for another 2 years with a coach that could give a damn about his personal development.

i'll hold any further judgment until it's 100% official but this is terrible news.

NYRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Not ready to overreact just yet, considering what happened with Step last year. However, I will be genuinely pissed if he ends up back in college next year. No more need to waste time their.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Larry Brooks wrote about Kreider last week

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...C-rss&FEEDNAME

School year hasn't ended yet. Rangers haven't an offer yet. If the Rangers haven't made an offer,where else is Kreider going? Stay in school. Rangers didn't make Stepan an offer until late May.
Exactly what I posted above.

He has no other option right now then to act as if he's returning to BC.

He has no offer yet.

This isn't like last summer. Last summer BC had all of its major parts returning for another run at a National Championship.

This summer, most of its major parts have left school to go Pro. They will NOT be in contention for a National Championship.

One thing Kreider has shown when it comes to hockey, is that he wants to WIN.

The Rangers can offer him a shot at winning at the highest level in the sport.

The Rangers can also offer him a legitimate chance to not only earn a roster spot on the NHL club, but a chance to play top six minutes with the clubs top players.

BC can ONLY offer him top six minutes.

Not including the money and lifestyle that come with being a Professional athlete in New York City.

Again, I'll believe he's returning to BC if he rejects the offer the Rangers are 100% guaranteed to offer once the academic school year is over in May.

I still FULLY believe he will be wearing a Rangers uniform on Madison Square Garden ice in October.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:18 PM
chip chipperson*

money talks

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:19 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I don't care what anyone says; you can NEVER fault someone for wanting to further their education.

It would be nice to get him here next year but let him dominate for BC.

Also, this gives Roman Horak, Ethan Werek, or Christian Thomas a chance to get a roster spot, plus I'm not saying Yogan is even close to NHL ready but he's been playing well in two games so who knows what kind of camp he has next year.

Krieder will be here; patience.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:20 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

You cant use his stats to win the arguement that he doesnt deserve to be in a professional league yet, AHL or NHL.

If you understand BC's program then you would know that TOI is given by seniority not skill. How are his numbers supposed to be worthy of your blessings when his TOI is limited?

I see it all the time with my local team, the West Point Black Knights. They made the ECAC playoffs this year and the 1st game, a one and done elimination game, was played by the back up goalie who was a senior becasue it was his last game. As a fan it's frustrating but for some college programs that is how they build an understanding of team unity.

The kid has skills and is legit. If you watched the NCAA playoffs or the WJC's where he was afforded more TOI in critical situations, the kid excelled, produced, and fed off the responsibility, litteraly taking his game to another level.

Once again, saying he's not ready yet based on stats only, is a misinformed arguement.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:21 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR BLUE18 View Post
No need to curse at the kid and flip out....its not like he said im staying because i dont want to be a ranger. Everyone chill out. Would I have liked to see him develop more at a higher level in the AHL, ofcourse, but its not like his stats were that great. I completely understand why he wants to stay, he got no closure there, he had the whole jaw incident and it completely screwed up the most important part of his sophomore season. I fully expect Kreider to pick up his game and have a pretty good junior year as well as solid WJC as a USA team leader. After that, he will sign an ELC and join a pretty good young whale team. Him and Christian Thomas can join the whale together (Thomas will turn 20 May 26th next year. Kreider will turn 21 a month earlier on April 30th) I like the sound of those 2 coming in together.
Kreider won't be able to play in the U-20 WJC.

He will be 20 years old.

Old
04-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Well, this is what it is.

We'll have Hagelin, Werek, Grachev as young potential LWers in camp next year.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I'm perfectly fine with this, glad the kid made up his own mind.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:25 PM
claver2010

As a Rangers fan & BC season ticket holder these responses are comical.

No one around here expected him to leave.

Edit: Also you morons please get a clue before you bash the kid and the program. A certain player on the Rangers benefitted greatly from staying at BC for 4 years as a 1st rounder.

claver2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Was hoping to see him here in NY next season or in Hartford. But...I respect his decision. He knows it's not the most popular among fans, but he was man enough to know what he wanted to do. To me that says somethinga about his charachter. He is going to blaze his own trail.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
You cant use his stats to win the arguement that he doesnt deserve to be in a professional league yet, AHL or NHL.

If you understand BC's program then you would know that TOI is given by seniority not skill. How are his numbers supposed to be worthy of your blessings when his TOI is limited?

I see it all the time with my local team, the West Point Black Knights. They made the ECAC playoffs this year and the 1st game, a one and done elimination game, was played by the back up goalie who was a senior becasue it was his last game. As a fan it's frustrating but for some college programs that is how they build an understanding of team unity.

The kid has skills and is legit. If you watched the NCAA playoffs or the WJC's where he was afforded more TOI in critical situations, the kid excelled, produced, and fed off the responsibility, litteraly taking his game to another level.

Once again, saying he's not ready yet based on stats only, is a misinformed arguement.
Agreed.

Also forgetting that he developed a two way game because of the defensive role he was asked to fill.

He can play in any situation with confidence.

PP, PK, and critical 5v5 situations.

Also, he was not offered anything by the Rangers yet.

I'll believe this whole thing if after the Rangers offer that is definitely coming in May, is rejected.

Until then, he has no choice but to assume he's returning to BC.

Old
04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post

Edit: Also you morons please get a clue before you bash the kid and the program. A certain player on the Rangers benefitted greatly from staying at BC for 4 years as a 1st rounder.
You mean Brian Boyle, who wasn't an NHL talent until he hooked up with Barb Underhill?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post

Everyone at Wisconsin expected Stepan and McDonagh to stay.

He hasn't been given an offer from the Rangers yet.

The REAL answer won't come until then.

And the offer won't be coming until May when the semester is over.

Old
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
claver2010

Quote:
If you understand BC's program then you would know that TOI is given by seniority not skill. How are his numbers supposed to be worthy of your blessings when his TOI is limited?.
Like this, it's comical.

On the national championship team in 2010 the 4th line consisted of 2 of the 3 senior forwards, the 1st line? 1 sophomore & 2 juniors.

The top D pairing on that team? 2 freshmen.

claver2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

extremely foolish.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

How is pointing out BC's program supposed to provide anyone with an honest evaluation of his play and development? Chris Kreider played on their 2nd line with the Hayes brothers, did he not? He's been on their 2nd PP unit this season, right? Gets PK time as well.... Look at how his scoring was distributed this season... He started off the season extremely slow, didn't he?

I saw BC play about 4 games this year on TV, and also watched the WJC's..... So far, Kreider looks to be more of a complimentary player out on the ice.... He doesn't take over games and control the play out on the ice with the puck on his stick.... He's good at finishing, but if he's not being set up for scoring opportunities or getting his odd chances, you might not notice him on the ice too much. His play has been underwhelming IMHO. He has a lot of work to do on his game before he's ready to live up to the expectations that many Ranger fans have for him....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
levski87

Where can we see Kreiders TOI for each game?

Old
04-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

I dont really care, I would love to see him. But give him 1 more year in BC and 1 year in hartford, then with the Rangers.

Tony D63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Well i'm happy... I get to see him play another year here!

But as i've been saying throughout the entire season... he's definitely not close to being ready to play in the NHL. Probably at least another year and a half before we see him in a blue shirt, more realistically 2 - 2 1/2 years.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

He wouldnt be with the rangers next year anyway...he needs time with the whale.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote