HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2011-2012 USA NTDP Tryout Camp (Camp Finished)

Old
04-02-2011, 09:33 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Shattuck vs. Honeybaked for the Tier 1 Under 16 Championship tomorrow.

NTDP Candidates for each team:

Shattuck: Taylor Cammarata, Clint Lewis, Willie Raskob.
Honeybaked: Evan Allen, Tyler Motte, Michael Sabatinni, Trevor Hamilton.

Unsurprisingly, Cammarata is leading the tournament in scoring with 14 points in 5 games (7g, 7a). Evan Allen is the third leading scorer with 10 points in 5 games (5g, 5a). Willie Raskob is leading all defenseman in scoring with 7 points in 5 games (2g, 5a).

Shattuck beat LA Selects 1-0 today to make the finals. Highly touted Canadian Nathan MacKinnon (6th overall in scoring) scored a SHG in the 1st from Cammarata and Raskob to win it.

You can follow the tournament here: http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...2&GameID=34955
Did they bring in MacKinnon just for Nationals? Or had he been there all year? I know a lot funky stuff happens before Nationals nation wide.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2011, 09:38 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
I didn't notice Alex Smith playing. Is he up with the U-18 team, or injured? Thanks.
Smith (and McCarron) are both with the U-18 team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Did they bring in MacKinnon just for Nationals? Or had he been there all year? I know a lot funky stuff happens before Nationals nation wide.
No, MacKinnon has been with Shattuck all season (and last season too).

04-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Garyboy

1-0 SSM after the 1st.

Pretty even game so far. Honeybaked came out guns blazing and I thought their up tempo highly physical game might be too much for SSM, but SSM worked through it and came on nicely. Ferria (sp?) scored 2.5 minutes in.

McTavish looked to score a beauty coming off the wing. Looked to hit the back bar up top, but they waved it off. Had a very nice period as well.

Raskob had a very nice 1st. Looks like a great puck moving defenseman and had a very nice rush.

Cammarata didn't do much.

Mackinnon looks like the best player on the ice. Makes something happen everytime he's on the ice, and had one great rush where he walked around the Honeybaked d man and almost scored. Honeybaked really starting to key on him. Israel caught him with a big hit.

For Honeybaked, Allen had a strong period creating a few scoring chances. As did Motte, and his tenacious work ethic.

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Garyboy

1-0 SSM after the 2nd.

SSM had the bulk of the scoring chances, but again, a fairly even period.

Old
04-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Garyboy

3-2 Honeybaked final!

Great period. Big saves made at both ends, and great pace. Allen tied it up at 1 on a great one timer from the point on the PP. McTavish set up Rodriguez on a 2-on-1 to put SSM ahead 2-1. Motte scored on a nice tip in to square things up at 2. With a minute and change left Motte punced on a loose puck in front to put Honeybaked up 3-2.

Can't say enough about Motte. He's one big time player. Was incredible in the Silverstick final versus the Marlies, and now puts his team on his back and leads them to a national title. Made a huge shot block with about 5 seconds to go while SSM had a 6-on-4.

Congrats to both teams on wonderful seasons. Glad I had the chance to see Honeybaked live on their one trip up to up to the Greater Toronto Area this year. This is one big time team.

Old
04-06-2011, 11:12 AM
The Exiled One

I still don't have confirmation that Willie Raskob accepted. Rumors are emerging that Luke Voltin has been offered and has accepted.

The Exiled One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2011, 03:05 PM
pdxshark
@jmbradd

http://winterhawks.com/article/winte...n-chase-de-leo

Chase Deleo signed with Portland

pdxshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

interesting with Chase, I wish him the best of luck....can he crack that line up next year? Portland is pretty scary deep..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2011, 05:29 PM
pdxshark
@jmbradd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
interesting with Chase, I wish him the best of luck....can he crack that line up next year? Portland is pretty scary deep..
Its going to be hard for anyone to crack the hawks roster next year. Should only be 4-5 spots opening up overall. I know a lot of CHL teams sign players just to get them committed so i'm hoping that isn't the case here. I think the hawks see him as a player of the future and me might make the roster based on potential (similar to Josh Hanson this year).

That said, he could certainly play his way onto next years team (he's even listed on the roster for tonights playoff game, who knows if he'll play). In camp he was playing well above the level whats expected for a 15 year old. Hard for me to remember back but I remember him playing as well or better than some players we felt would be sure to make the team this year.

Portland will be a good place for him as a smaller player. Its conventional wisdom that the lifting programs of the NCAA benefit smaller players but the hawks have good facilities and a great strength and conditioning coach (Rich Campbell). In situations like this, I always hope the player is making the choice that will benefit them the most. I'm a WHL fan for sure but having the NCAA as a viable option is very important to me. The more choices the better as far as i'm concerned.

ps. thinking about it now, the players on the hawks protected list who are not on the roster currently would still probably win more WHL games than the hawks 3-4 years ago.

Old
04-11-2011, 07:05 PM
William H Bonney

Brian Williams (LA Selects), missing from this camp, signed with Tri-City today.

Quote:
“Brian will join our team for the remainder of the WHL Playoffs,” GM Bob Tory continued.
http://www.amshockey.com/article/ame...-signing-class

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:41 PM
pdxshark
@jmbradd

Quote:
Brian Williams (LA Selects), missing from this camp, signed with Tri-City today.

http://www.amshockey.com/article/ame...-signing-class
The americans (who at one point were made up primarily of players from manitoba) got two huge signings in Eric Comrie and Brian Williams. Had actually hoped both players would be drafted by portland.

That LA Selects program is quickly becoming a hotbed of hockey talent.

Old
04-12-2011, 04:05 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Fargo pretty much destroyed their roster to get Keaton Thompson into 10 games for "veteran" status. I honestly hope the kid goes to the NTDP. Would be just another moronic player personnel move by the Fargo staff.
Wish granted....

Ryan S. Clark, reporter that covers high school hockey, the USHL, and the Fargo Force, confirms that Keaton Thompson has committed to the NTDP for next season. He's the second ever North Dakota native to make the team.

Tough loss for Fargo. It's still early but the NTDP is putting together another stellar defensive group.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 04-12-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old
04-13-2011, 12:36 AM
William H Bonney

Here's another article on Hudson Fasching's decision to join the NTDP:

Quote:
“What we tried to tell [Hudson] is, ‘If you take your brother and sister out of it, what would you do?’ ” Rick said.

Ultimately, Hudson was pragmatic in his decision-making, noting he would have left for college in two years.

“We obviously have a different family scenario,” Rick said. “Hudson is as sensitive to that as any 15-year-old could be. If we told him he needed to stay, he’d stay. No problem. He’s given up a lot because of his brother and sister. He really wants to do this, and we’re behind him 100 percent.”
http://applevalley.patch.com/article...son-fasching#c

Old
04-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxshark View Post
The americans (who at one point were made up primarily of players from manitoba) got two huge signings in Eric Comrie and Brian Williams. Had actually hoped both players would be drafted by portland.

That LA Selects program is quickly becoming a hotbed of hockey talent.
Absolutely. It's very exciting.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2011, 10:56 AM
The Exiled One

Tom Miller of the Grand Forks Herald is confirming that Gage Ausmus signed.
Here's a rumor that Clint Lewis of Shattuck committed.
I still don't have confirmation about Raskob, but either way, that might just do it for defensemen.

Old
04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Fasching seems like a really good kid.

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
The Exiled One

Confirmation on Voltin, Ausmus, and Miska

Old
04-15-2011, 07:05 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exiled One View Post
I still don't have confirmation that Willie Raskob accepted. Rumors are emerging that Luke Voltin has been offered and has accepted.
Here's confirmation that Voltin and Miska did indeed receive invitations and committed.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_arti...errer_id=32760

Edit: Beat me to it!

Last edited by William H Bonney: 04-15-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old
04-15-2011, 07:26 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Fargo pretty much destroyed their roster to get Keaton Thompson into 10 games for "veteran" status. I honestly hope the kid goes to the NTDP. Would be just another moronic player personnel move by the Fargo staff.

Yeaaaaaa baby!

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Ams1fan

LA Selects question...

You guys seem to know quite a bit about the LA Selects program. We in Tri-City are extremely excited to see Eric Comrie and Brian Williams join our team. Comrie actually got into a playoff game already and, played very well in mop-up-duty. Only giving up 1 goal in 14 shots and it was on a 5 on 3 PP.

I was wondering if anyone knew where Trevor Moore and Max Becker were planning on playing next year? They are also on the Americans' protected list and I'm hoping we can attract them too. I've never seen Backer play, but I really liked Moore seeing him at Am's training camp last year.

Ams1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2011, 07:32 PM
The Exiled One

Forwards (x25):
Pos.NameDOBH.lbs.L/RTeamLeague
FTaylor Cammarata13-MAY-955'9155LShattuck St. Mary'sMM U16
FHudson Fasching*^28-JUL-956'3190RApple Valley (Minn.)US-HS
FLuke Voltin*^13-APR-956'0175LHill-Murray (Minn.)US-HS

Defense (x16):
DGage Ausmus*^22-APR-956'1185LEast Grand Forks (Minn.)US-HS
DJordan Gross09-MAY-955'10165RMaple Grove (Minn.)US-HS
DClint Lewis*^12-JAN-956'2180LShattuck St. Mary'sMM U16
DWillie Raskob14-MAR-955'10190RShattuck St. Mary'sMM U16

Goalies (x4):
DHunter Miska*^--955'10150LNorth Branch (Minn.)US-HS

* = Offered a Spot on Team
^ = Committed to NTDP

This was a really good birthyear for Minnesotans. Even though only eight were invited to tryouts, at least five and probably seven were invited to join the team. This will be the most Minnesotans on the NTDP in quite a while (though six from the 1992 class were invited).

Last edited by The Exiled One: 04-17-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old
04-15-2011, 07:38 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Wish granted....

Ryan S. Clark, reporter that covers high school hockey, the USHL, and the Fargo Force, confirms that Keaton Thompson has committed to the NTDP for next season. He's the second ever North Dakota native to make the team.

Tough loss for Fargo. It's still early but the NTDP is putting together another stellar defensive group.

Yea, I found out about it right before Ryan Clark did. I'm happy as hell Fargo is losing him, even though he's not that good of a player, they still screwed their whole season to get him.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2011, 11:11 AM
USA!

Quote:
Yea, I found out about it right before Ryan Clark did. I'm happy as hell Fargo is losing him, even though he's not that good of a player, they still screwed their whole season to get him.
He is a very very good player.. Hes got aways to go though.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 04-16-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: removed bait
USA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2011, 03:28 PM
The Exiled One

Willie Raskob is OUT, Clint Lewis is IN.

Old
04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
William H Bonney

USHL Futures Draft was today. Tons of NTDP candidates were drafted, and drafted high. Cammarata went #1 overall to Waterloo. Fargo took Guertler #2. Downing went to Dubuque at #3. Alex Smith went to Muskegon at #5. Jordan Gross to Green Bay at #6. Charlie Pelnik to Fargo at #10.

See all the results here: http://www.draftcentre.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ams1fan View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew where Trevor Moore and Max Becker were planning on playing next year? They are also on the Americans' protected list and I'm hoping we can attract them too. I've never seen Backer play, but I really liked Moore seeing him at Am's training camp last year.
I haven't heard anything on Moore or Becker yet. USHL Futures draft was today though. Moore went 8th overall to Tri-City and Becker went 13th overall to Youngstown.