HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
  #101
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
It's the program & the school. You go to BC to graduate & win, you go to BU to go to the NHL. It's the truth. Even the players that left early (Atkinson, Hayes, Gerbe) are still going to graduate/graduated.

Voce: 5-8, undrafted
Ben Eaves: 5-8, 5th round
Blake: 5-10, undrafted
Ferriero: 5-10, 7th round
Reasoner -agreed
Haggerty: 6-1, 5th round


But I'm done, as the schmoozer would say, Rangers in 7.
The bolded is the only part we Rangers fans should care about -- developing NHL players (and good ones, at that). I'm of the opinion that your pro teams long-term sucess supersedes your college teams/alma mater's in the short term.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
  #102
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,732
vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Who called him an idiot? Granted, if Kreider doesnt pan out, i might call him worse.
Someone earlier in the thread.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
  #103
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,108
vCash: 500
Torts has said he wants him signed, I don't understand this move by Kreider at all. He seems so committed to making it at the highest level, and here he's going against what everyone in the organization thinks would be best for him. Go play in the AHL among men. You'll get more games too. He better sign after the NCAA season in a similar fashion to Hagelin, McIlrath and Bourque.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:50 PM
  #104
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Can't believe some of the absolutely selfish comments I am reading in here.

It's this kid's life and he can do whatever he wants with it. Good for him if he actually does stay there, if that's what makes him happy.

Such entitlement here.
Kreider isnt some kid from the block who wants to stay in school and booze it up. We fans have a keen interest in his future, and for good reason. Most of Kreider's eventual salary will be generated from ticket sales and merchandise.

By the time Kreider makes it to the NHL, we'll probably be paying an average of 125 bucks a ticket for the 400's.

If we feel Kreider's decision is detrimental to the franchise we financially support, we have every right to criticize his decision.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:53 PM
  #105
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Someone earlier in the thread.
You can argue that York is one of the top-10 college coaches of all time. Maybe even top-5 (pushing it, but certainly discernible).

He's no idiot. But he's getting old, so you wonder how much longer he'll stick with the program. For our possible future prospects sake, I hope he doesnt pull a Paterno

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:54 PM
  #106
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
HE HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN AN OFFER YET!!!!!!!!

Politics.

He isn't going to comment on going Pro if there is no offer on the table.

Plain and simple.

If he did, and no offer came, he would need to back track with fans, the coaches, and his teammates.

When the Rangers come knocking in May and present him with a contract and an opportunity to make the NHL roster, and up to 1+ million dollars in signing bonuses and all that jazz, we will see about staying in BC.

Until then, this thread is all speculation.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:55 PM
  #107
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
Where can we see the TOI of Kreider per game? I keep hearing you guys say he doesn't get enough ice time but no one has shown me any facts

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM
  #108
GrizMint
Registered User
 
GrizMint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
You can argue that York is one of the top-10 college coaches of all time. Maybe even top-5 (pushing it, but certainly discernible).

He's no idiot. But he's getting old, so you wonder how much longer he'll stick with the program. For our possible future prospects sake, I hope he doesnt pull a Paterno
To Clarify: I wasnt calling him and idiot, just wondering why people on the board treated him like it. I didnt know much about him so I was curious. My hope is Kreider does whatever he did last offseason where he packed on 20 pounds and didnt lose a step

GrizMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
  #109
Blazephr
Registered User
 
Blazephr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont - NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
I'm not bothered one bit by his decision to stay another year @ BC. I think it'll do him some good, and I'd like to see him dominate his junior year before turning pro. I'm in the camp that thinks Kreider still needs to work on his game. It could work out in his favor by being patient.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
  #110
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,732
vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Where can we see the TOI of Kreider per game? I keep hearing you guys say he doesn't get enough ice time but no one has shown me any facts
They don't really keep TOI stats for college hockey. I've never seen them.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:18 PM
  #111
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
My comment about him being "an idiot, apparently," was sarcastic. There's nothing idiotic about Jerry York. He's a tremendously successful coach. I was just mocking the attitude taken by many of our posters that don't seem to realize that York is trying to win games for BC, rather than do all he can to develop our prospect.
Oh I didn't think you were saying that. I was simply countering that while he's not an idiot, Rangers fans are right to be angry at him if he steals another year of Kreider's development.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
  #112
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
can anyone post the part where both Kreider and the New York Rangers have issued statements about discussing this matter with eachother and decisions being made after each side presents its case to one another?

It can't be posted, because it hasn't happened yet.

Again.

Why is this fact being ignored.

No offer has come from the Rangers.

Kreider can only comment on BC because that's his only option right now.

His jaw is broken.

When the Rangers pursue him in May, THEN we will know if he REALLY is staying or not.

York can wish aloud all he wants.

Until the Rangers approach Kreider personally and engage discussions about an ELC, EVERYTHING is speculation.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:26 PM
  #113
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Kreider...pls go.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:33 PM
  #114
Dantes19
Registered User
 
Dantes19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
can anyone post the part where both Kreider and the New York Rangers have issued statements about discussing this matter with eachother and decisions being made after each side presents its case to one another?

...

Until the Rangers approach Kreider personally and engage discussions about an ELC, EVERYTHING is speculation.

You're right, and it seems like a lot of people keep ignoring the rationale in your posts -- though I'm not sure why?

Like you've said, at this point, he really only has one response option. Even if he knows he would leave BC once he gets an offer from the Rangers, he can't actually say because he hasn't gotten that offer.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:41 PM
  #115
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Until the Rangers approach Kreider personally and engage discussions about an ELC, EVERYTHING is speculation.
You've posted this about 44 times this thread. People aren't disputing this.

If Chris does decide to go back to school (assuming there is no offer, or he passes up on one) then it's safe to say he's an absolute FOOL.

If (or when, actually) this organization does make him an offer, he needs to get his ass to Hartford where they can start molding him. The sooner the better. It's a crucial time for his development.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:46 PM
  #116
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
You're right, and it seems like a lot of people keep ignoring the rationale in your posts -- though I'm not sure why?

Like you've said, at this point, he really only has one response option. Even if he knows he would leave BC once he gets an offer from the Rangers, he can't actually say because he hasn't gotten that offer.
Exactly.

Right now there is no other option.

He can't talk about the Rangers or going Pro.

Stepan and McDonagh did the same song and dance a year ago.

Until there is another option on the table, he can't assume anything other then he's returning to BC.

He can't say anything to the contrary, either.

It would look awful to his school, his coach, his teammates, and his classmates if he said "I'm going Pro" and no offer came his way...

Right now he can only focus on what's available to him.

When the Rangers approach him, then we will know what will happen next season.

McDonagh didn't make his decision to go Pro until AFTER prospect camp.

A final decision may not be made for MONTHS.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:56 PM
  #117
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
You've posted this about 44 times this thread. People aren't disputing this.

If Chris does decide to go back to school (assuming there is no offer, or he passes up on one) then it's safe to say he's an absolute FOOL.

If (or when, actually) this organization does make him an offer, he needs to get his ass to Hartford where they can start molding him. The sooner the better. It's a crucial time for his development.
But that's my issue.

The point has been made and people are still starting to kill the kid.

Its April. School isn't out until May. And he's still injured. The Rangers aren't rushing this one.

We won't know for months what Kreider will actually be doing next season.

There are several events this summer that the Rangers will undoubtedly want Kreider to be a part of.

Why would Kreider make a snap jusdgement now, in early-mid April about what he's doing next season, when we haven't even started the summer yet.

Prospect camp.
The draft.
PR events.
Traverse City.
World Championships.

Kreider could be a part of any number of these things.

And the more involved they get him, the closer they are to signing him.

They'll approach him.

When a guaranteed contract and a pen are sitting on the table infront of him and a chance to play in the NHL, we will really see how much going back to BC means to him.

Besides, has Kreider himself said anything publicly other then he won't be discussing what he's doing next season on his Twitter account?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:57 PM
  #118
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
This isn't even a case of the horse jumping the gun.

The gate hasn't even been wheeled onto the track yet.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:04 PM
  #119
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
But that's my issue.

The point has been made and people are still starting to kill the kid.

Its April. School isn't out until May. And he's still injured. The Rangers aren't rushing this one.

We won't know for months what Kreider will actually be doing next season.

There are several events this summer that the Rangers will undoubtedly want Kreider to be a part of.

Why would Kreider make a snap jusdgement now, in early-mid April about what he's doing next season, when we haven't even started the summer yet.

Prospect camp.
The draft.
PR events.
Traverse City.
World Championships.

Kreider could be a part of any number of these things.

And the more involved they get him, the closer they are to signing him.

They'll approach him.

When a guaranteed contract and a pen are sitting on the table infront of him and a chance to play in the NHL, we will really see how much going back to BC means to him.

Besides, has Kreider himself said anything publicly other then he won't be discussing what he's doing next season on his Twitter account?
Who is arguing this??? I saw a couple of people earlier in the thread, but you've made your point -- a very valid point which didn't cross my mind until I saw your numerous posts. Most of the guys are are just talking about what's best for CK; BC's hockey program/York, etc..

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:14 PM
  #120
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Kreider isnt some kid from the block who wants to stay in school and booze it up. We fans have a keen interest in his future, and for good reason. Most of Kreider's eventual salary will be generated from ticket sales and merchandise.

By the time Kreider makes it to the NHL, we'll probably be paying an average of 125 bucks a ticket for the 400's.

If we feel Kreider's decision is detrimental to the franchise we financially support, we have every right to criticize his decision.
You have every right to do or say whatever you want, but I think he should do whatever he thinks is right for him. He doesn't owe any of us a thing. If you want to spend $125 to sit upstairs that is your business, not his.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:31 PM
  #121
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Kreider isnt some kid from the block who wants to stay in school and booze it up. We fans have a keen interest in his future, and for good reason. Most of Kreider's eventual salary will be generated from ticket sales and merchandise.

By the time Kreider makes it to the NHL, we'll probably be paying an average of 125 bucks a ticket for the 400's.

If we feel Kreider's decision is detrimental to the franchise we financially support, we have every right to criticize his decision.
This is the most selfish and ridiculous logic I've ever heard. Detrimental to the organization!? HAHAHAHAHA, yeah Kreider is the real problem here, so lets get on his ass about living his life the way he wants to live it. No one forces you to pay that $125, and no you are not entitled to Kreider's tenure with the Rangers, or any other player. When those ticket sales actually ARE paying paying for his salary, then you can ***** all you want. Until then, people should be getting bent out of shape with people with the organization who actually negatively impact it while getting paid to do so. (Which most, already do, rightfully so.) People just never have enough **** to ***** about I guess.

Also, you realize you can have fun in college without getting wasted every night right?

Yes, SupersonicMonkey, I understand no offered was made here, I am just responding to the people who are getting on a KID assuming he would want to really stay in college.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
  #122
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 17,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
This is the most selfish and ridiculous logic I've ever heard. Detrimental to the organization!? HAHAHAHAHA, yeah Kreider is the real problem here, so lets get on his ass about living his life the way he wants to live it. No one forces you to pay that $125, and no you are not entitled to Kreider's tenure with the Rangers, or any other player. When those ticket sales actually ARE paying paying for his salary, then you can ***** all you want. Until then, people should be getting bent out of shape with people with the organization who actually negatively impact it while getting paid to do so. (Which most, already do, rightfully so.) People just never have enough **** to ***** about I guess.

Also, you realize you can have fun in college without getting wasted every night right?

Yes, SupersonicMonkey, I understand no offered was made here, I am just responding to the people who are getting on a KID assuming he would want to really stay in college.
Should NOT be. God, I need edit powers back.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:50 PM
  #123
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Should NOT be. God, I need edit powers back.
Just click the EDIT button? You don't have that option?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:12 AM
  #124
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'm okay with this.... I don't think he had any shot whatsoever at making the Rangers out of camp... He has not been a dominant player on any consistent basis at the NCAA level yet, he's certainly not ready for NHL or maybe even AHL... Let's hope he has a big year at BC....
This. Thank you.

Unless you dominate the NCAA/CHL, you cannot make the NHL. Some players make tremendous progress over the summer (e.g., Boyle), but you can't rely on that.

Kreider's WJC performance was good, but not great, not better than Fasth's. We just watched more of Team USA than Team Sweden.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:18 AM
  #125
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
Montreal was probably pissed that McDonagh went back to school for a 3rd year. Turned out alright for him and for us.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.