HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kreider is staying at BC (Won't change mind. Summer school)

Old
04-11-2011, 09:46 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claver2010 View Post
It's the program & the school. You go to BC to graduate & win, you go to BU to go to the NHL. It's the truth. Even the players that left early (Atkinson, Hayes, Gerbe) are still going to graduate/graduated.

Voce: 5-8, undrafted
Ben Eaves: 5-8, 5th round
Blake: 5-10, undrafted
Ferriero: 5-10, 7th round
Reasoner -agreed
Haggerty: 6-1, 5th round

But I'm done, as the schmoozer would say, Rangers in 7.
The bolded is the only part we Rangers fans should care about -- developing NHL players (and good ones, at that). I'm of the opinion that your pro teams long-term sucess supersedes your college teams/alma mater's in the short term.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Who called him an idiot? Granted, if Kreider doesnt pan out, i might call him worse.
Someone earlier in the thread.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Torts has said he wants him signed, I don't understand this move by Kreider at all. He seems so committed to making it at the highest level, and here he's going against what everyone in the organization thinks would be best for him. Go play in the AHL among men. You'll get more games too. He better sign after the NCAA season in a similar fashion to Hagelin, McIlrath and Bourque.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:50 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Can't believe some of the absolutely selfish comments I am reading in here.

It's this kid's life and he can do whatever he wants with it. Good for him if he actually does stay there, if that's what makes him happy.

Such entitlement here.
Kreider isnt some kid from the block who wants to stay in school and booze it up. We fans have a keen interest in his future, and for good reason. Most of Kreider's eventual salary will be generated from ticket sales and merchandise.

By the time Kreider makes it to the NHL, we'll probably be paying an average of 125 bucks a ticket for the 400's.

If we feel Kreider's decision is detrimental to the franchise we financially support, we have every right to criticize his decision.

Old
04-11-2011, 09:53 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Someone earlier in the thread.
You can argue that York is one of the top-10 college coaches of all time. Maybe even top-5 (pushing it, but certainly discernible).

He's no idiot. But he's getting old, so you wonder how much longer he'll stick with the program. For our possible future prospects sake, I hope he doesnt pull a Paterno

Old
04-11-2011, 09:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

HE HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN AN OFFER YET!!!!!!!!

Politics.

He isn't going to comment on going Pro if there is no offer on the table.

Plain and simple.

If he did, and no offer came, he would need to back track with fans, the coaches, and his teammates.

When the Rangers come knocking in May and present him with a contract and an opportunity to make the NHL roster, and up to 1+ million dollars in signing bonuses and all that jazz, we will see about staying in BC.

Until then, this thread is all speculation.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:55 PM
levski87

Where can we see the TOI of Kreider per game? I keep hearing you guys say he doesn't get enough ice time but no one has shown me any facts

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM
GrizMint

Quote:
You can argue that York is one of the top-10 college coaches of all time. Maybe even top-5 (pushing it, but certainly discernible).

He's no idiot. But he's getting old, so you wonder how much longer he'll stick with the program. For our possible future prospects sake, I hope he doesnt pull a Paterno
To Clarify: I wasnt calling him and idiot, just wondering why people on the board treated him like it. I didnt know much about him so I was curious. My hope is Kreider does whatever he did last offseason where he packed on 20 pounds and didnt lose a step

GrizMint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Blazephr

I'm not bothered one bit by his decision to stay another year @ BC. I think it'll do him some good, and I'd like to see him dominate his junior year before turning pro. I'm in the camp that thinks Kreider still needs to work on his game. It could work out in his favor by being patient.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Where can we see the TOI of Kreider per game? I keep hearing you guys say he doesn't get enough ice time but no one has shown me any facts
They don't really keep TOI stats for college hockey. I've never seen them.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
My comment about him being "an idiot, apparently," was sarcastic. There's nothing idiotic about Jerry York. He's a tremendously successful coach. I was just mocking the attitude taken by many of our posters that don't seem to realize that York is trying to win games for BC, rather than do all he can to develop our prospect.
Oh I didn't think you were saying that. I was simply countering that while he's not an idiot, Rangers fans are right to be angry at him if he steals another year of Kreider's development.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

can anyone post the part where both Kreider and the New York Rangers have issued statements about discussing this matter with eachother and decisions being made after each side presents its case to one another?

It can't be posted, because it hasn't happened yet.

Again.

Why is this fact being ignored.

No offer has come from the Rangers.

Kreider can only comment on BC because that's his only option right now.

His jaw is broken.

When the Rangers pursue him in May, THEN we will know if he REALLY is staying or not.

York can wish aloud all he wants.

Until the Rangers approach Kreider personally and engage discussions about an ELC, EVERYTHING is speculation.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:26 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Kreider...pls go.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
can anyone post the part where both Kreider and the New York Rangers have issued statements about discussing this matter with eachother and decisions being made after each side presents its case to one another?

Until the Rangers approach Kreider personally and engage discussions about an ELC, EVERYTHING is speculation.

You're right, and it seems like a lot of people keep ignoring the rationale in your posts -- though I'm not sure why?

Like you've said, at this point, he really only has one response option. Even if he knows he would leave BC once he gets an offer from the Rangers, he can't actually say because he hasn't gotten that offer.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
You've posted this about 44 times this thread. People aren't disputing this.

If Chris does decide to go back to school (assuming there is no offer, or he passes up on one) then it's safe to say he's an absolute FOOL.

If (or when, actually) this organization does make him an offer, he needs to get his ass to Hartford where they can start molding him. The sooner the better. It's a crucial time for his development.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 10:46 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
You're right, and it seems like a lot of people keep ignoring the rationale in your posts -- though I'm not sure why?

Like you've said, at this point, he really only has one response option. Even if he knows he would leave BC once he gets an offer from the Rangers, he can't actually say because he hasn't gotten that offer.
Exactly.

Right now there is no other option.

He can't talk about the Rangers or going Pro.

Stepan and McDonagh did the same song and dance a year ago.

Until there is another option on the table, he can't assume anything other then he's returning to BC.

He can't say anything to the contrary, either.

It would look awful to his school, his coach, his teammates, and his classmates if he said "I'm going Pro" and no offer came his way...

Right now he can only focus on what's available to him.

When the Rangers approach him, then we will know what will happen next season.

McDonagh didn't make his decision to go Pro until AFTER prospect camp.

A final decision may not be made for MONTHS.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:56 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
You've posted this about 44 times this thread. People aren't disputing this.

If Chris does decide to go back to school (assuming there is no offer, or he passes up on one) then it's safe to say he's an absolute FOOL.

If (or when, actually) this organization does make him an offer, he needs to get his ass to Hartford where they can start molding him. The sooner the better. It's a crucial time for his development.
But that's my issue.

The point has been made and people are still starting to kill the kid.

Its April. School isn't out until May. And he's still injured. The Rangers aren't rushing this one.

We won't know for months what Kreider will actually be doing next season.

There are several events this summer that the Rangers will undoubtedly want Kreider to be a part of.

Why would Kreider make a snap jusdgement now, in early-mid April about what he's doing next season, when we haven't even started the summer yet.

Prospect camp.
The draft.
PR events.
Traverse City.
World Championships.

Kreider could be a part of any number of these things.

And the more involved they get him, the closer they are to signing him.

They'll approach him.

When a guaranteed contract and a pen are sitting on the table infront of him and a chance to play in the NHL, we will really see how much going back to BC means to him.

Besides, has Kreider himself said anything publicly other then he won't be discussing what he's doing next season on his Twitter account?

Old
04-11-2011, 10:57 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

This isn't even a case of the horse jumping the gun.

The gate hasn't even been wheeled onto the track yet.

Old
04-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
But that's my issue.

The point has been made and people are still starting to kill the kid.

Its April. School isn't out until May. And he's still injured. The Rangers aren't rushing this one.

We won't know for months what Kreider will actually be doing next season.

There are several events this summer that the Rangers will undoubtedly want Kreider to be a part of.

Why would Kreider make a snap jusdgement now, in early-mid April about what he's doing next season, when we haven't even started the summer yet.

Prospect camp.
The draft.
PR events.
Traverse City.
World Championships.

Kreider could be a part of any number of these things.

And the more involved they get him, the closer they are to signing him.

They'll approach him.

When a guaranteed contract and a pen are sitting on the table infront of him and a chance to play in the NHL, we will really see how much going back to BC means to him.

Besides, has Kreider himself said anything publicly other then he won't be discussing what he's doing next season on his Twitter account?
Who is arguing this??? I saw a couple of people earlier in the thread, but you've made your point -- a very valid point which didn't cross my mind until I saw your numerous posts. Most of the guys are are just talking about what's best for CK; BC's hockey program/York, etc..

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:14 PM
chosen

Quote:
Kreider isnt some kid from the block who wants to stay in school and booze it up. We fans have a keen interest in his future, and for good reason. Most of Kreider's eventual salary will be generated from ticket sales and merchandise.

By the time Kreider makes it to the NHL, we'll probably be paying an average of 125 bucks a ticket for the 400's.

If we feel Kreider's decision is detrimental to the franchise we financially support, we have every right to criticize his decision.
You have every right to do or say whatever you want, but I think he should do whatever he thinks is right for him. He doesn't owe any of us a thing. If you want to spend $125 to sit upstairs that is your business, not his.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:

This is the most selfish and ridiculous logic I've ever heard. Detrimental to the organization!? HAHAHAHAHA, yeah Kreider is the real problem here, so lets get on his ass about living his life the way he wants to live it. No one forces you to pay that $125, and no you are not entitled to Kreider's tenure with the Rangers, or any other player. When those ticket sales actually ARE paying paying for his salary, then you can ***** all you want. Until then, people should be getting bent out of shape with people with the organization who actually negatively impact it while getting paid to do so. (Which most, already do, rightfully so.) People just never have enough **** to ***** about I guess.

Also, you realize you can have fun in college without getting wasted every night right?

Yes, SupersonicMonkey, I understand no offered was made here, I am just responding to the people who are getting on a KID assuming he would want to really stay in college.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
This is the most selfish and ridiculous logic I've ever heard. Detrimental to the organization!? HAHAHAHAHA, yeah Kreider is the real problem here, so lets get on his ass about living his life the way he wants to live it. No one forces you to pay that $125, and no you are not entitled to Kreider's tenure with the Rangers, or any other player. When those ticket sales actually ARE paying paying for his salary, then you can ***** all you want. Until then, people should be getting bent out of shape with people with the organization who actually negatively impact it while getting paid to do so. (Which most, already do, rightfully so.) People just never have enough **** to ***** about I guess.

Also, you realize you can have fun in college without getting wasted every night right?

Yes, SupersonicMonkey, I understand no offered was made here, I am just responding to the people who are getting on a KID assuming he would want to really stay in college.
Should NOT be. God, I need edit powers back.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 11:50 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Should NOT be. God, I need edit powers back.
Just click the EDIT button? You don't have that option?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'm okay with this.... I don't think he had any shot whatsoever at making the Rangers out of camp... He has not been a dominant player on any consistent basis at the NCAA level yet, he's certainly not ready for NHL or maybe even AHL... Let's hope he has a big year at BC....
This. Thank you.

Unless you dominate the NCAA/CHL, you cannot make the NHL. Some players make tremendous progress over the summer (e.g., Boyle), but you can't rely on that.

Kreider's WJC performance was good, but not great, not better than Fasth's. We just watched more of Team USA than Team Sweden.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 12:18 AM
ecemleafs

Montreal was probably pissed that McDonagh went back to school for a 3rd year. Turned out alright for him and for us.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote